Lille reportedly offer €20 million

The Moon on Mars is Blue

Our business model is build on buying low and selling high. If we get in the region of £20m then we should sell. We will need some to be kept to balance the books but we should still have enough money and time to get two quality , possibly 3 players in.

Drumchapel-Bear

If it's true, he needs to go. It's as simple as that. Look at how much of an impact having injuries to Roofe, Jack and Aribo has had on the strength of our starting 11 and options on the bench.

We will 100% add another striker if Alfie goes. Hopefully along with an attacking mid and a more defensive minded centre mid.

CoopBlue

The asking price is 20 m so I’d reject it
I'd take it.

Failure to do do means an unhappy player, reduces our chances of strengthening key areas of the team and also helps our finances in this climate.

If we can get 20m sterling then great, but I'm not bothered about squabbling for £1m, with the potential of losing out on a deal altogether.

Quite simply, he has to be sold.

MSF

Keep him, and go buy those players we need as well.

Well worth pushing the boat out this season, and not having a biscuit tin mentality like the scum. If they sell Edouard, which they will due to missing CL, they are f**ked.
Do you actually believe that?

Fatbearblue

Administrator
Staff member
Why’s that?Who will replace his goals?The floor is yours before you go screaming?Why you so urgent to sell him?

No player at our club is irreplaceable and if he leaves he leaves. The money will be invested in strengthening a midfield badly in need and another Striker would be brought in. MUCH BETTER players than Morelos have left our club and we have survived, we will again.

Robert Marshall

Sorry Robert but I am sure Hagi scored against Braga which if I am correct was ( last season )

not being a wido mate but he was hear in January so he is from the same team that failed last season
You were blaming the board I am just pointing out they have spent money this year, we have also paid out ( I assume ) lucrative contacts for other players
I think we need to sell to get the ' headline ' signing

HandsomeHead

You have to believe our setup is a professional one and we’ll already have several targets in mind, both for the midfield and attack, if he goes.

If this is accurate and they really have bid over £18m for him, I don’t think we should turn it down.

Artful Dodger

No player at our club is irreplaceable and if he leaves he leaves. The money will be invested in strengthening a midfield badly in need and another Striker would be brought in. MUCH BETTER players than Morelos have left our club and we have survived, we will again.
I’m not saying that at all.We need a midfielder without a doubt but who will score the goals we need to win the important matches we have coming up?Itten?Defoe?Roofe?All had been or are injured.

Plissken

We need to strengthen the team as a whole rather than relying on one man to be on his A game every week which if we're being honest with ourselves just isn't going to happen.

jimbear

Morelos is going.I rather he went now and allowed us to finish our recruitment before the window closes
He been treated like shit by SFA ,refs and the press
But he has brought some of of it on himself,although maybe only about 15/20 per cent blame on him
1.3 mill to 18.3 mill is a great return
Good luck Buff

Alfie has been good for us and we have been good for Alfie. Neither party owes any debt to the other. I agree with what you say about his treatment by the authorities and the Scottish media. I know I'll get stick for this, but I wish we had bought Dykes.

ICA_86

Keep him, and go buy those players we need as well.

Well worth pushing the boat out this season, and not having a biscuit tin mentality like the scum. If they sell Edouard, which they will due to missing CL, they are f**ked.

Back on planet Earth though, we both know that’s not how it’s going to work.

KL2

Why’s that?Who will replace his goals?The floor is yours before you go screaming?Why you so urgent to sell him?

He's not looked himself for 9 months.
He wants to leave.
He was dropped for poor application.

We also need to fix other glaring issues and a big fee for a player that wants to leave will help us do that.

Number Six

Before the break I’d have been happy with this

Now I don’t think we can afford to sell him if we want to seriously challenge for the title

Kentbear

I’m not saying that at all.We need a midfielder without a doubt but who will score the goals we need to win the important matches we have coming up?Itten?Defoe?Roofe?All had been or are injured.
Kent,Hagi,Arfield and Aribo when he returns should all be capable of double figures.
Not to say we don't need strengthened but these guys should be good for goals.

Miyagi

I'd gladly sell at that, use the money to buy a top drawer CM and top player for the right side attacker spot.

Potentially look at another striker as Defoe doesnt do it for me as a lone striker.

jnloyal

Hes our best centre by a country mile imho but he almost certainly needs to be sold for not only his sake but ours as well. We need to do some book balancing but hopefully the sale would allow us to strengthen the team further.

Very early days for Roofe and Itten but the former has a history of injuries and the latter clearly needs time although that is a commodity you dont get often at Rangers.

I will miss the wee fella if he does go as I thought he offered outstanding value for money so thanks to JJ for that one.

ArnoldRimmer

Much better players have come and gone, but Alfie has been the best player we've had since going down the league's. I think there's a bigger risk selling him and not replacing his goals than anything else tbh.

Saltire

If he goes it's pretty clear we need a midfielder and another striker. Yesterday's draw was down to not putting our chances away, we should have been 2 up before Hibs even scored. We haven't been clinical enough all season, a lot of the domestic wins this season should have been by greater margins than they were.

Artful Dodger

Kent,Hagi,Arfield and Aribo when he returns should all be capable of double figures.
Not to say we don't need strengthened but these guys should be good for goals.
Aribo is injured Hagi looks way off not scored since last season Kent I admire great footballer.As for Arfield I like him off the bench he has the fitness to press when the opposition is tiring.

JamesMc

Now you mention them, hasn’t their new striker scored in every game he’s played in so far, or close to it anyway?

Your claim is just a sound bite tbh
Right so his stats a goal every 93 min and 2 assist , we sell him , who repacles that , Roofe and items stats arent exactly earth moving are they?

legalbeagle

I would absolutely take the money if it meets that £20m valuation, if we don’t, we will have another month of speculation in this window, and more again in January. I want players who are 100% about the club right now, his eye wanders and we can’t go on with this saga forever.
If some of that money is available for us to bring in an absolute powerhouse midfielder who will elevate the team, it is the right answer.

Sam Minella

No Morelos. No Goals. No Title. :))

In all seriousness, I would suspect this matter will be resolved this week if reports of a bid are true.

It's time for the club to decide whether we are going to let Morelos move on or he is going to stay, either way I'm positive they will reach this decision this week and we will forward.

3 weeks or so (maybe less) until the transfer window closes and we still have a bit of work to be done. Let's hope the club get after it.

KL2

Aribo is injured Hagi looks way off not scored since last season Kent I admire great footballer.As for Arfield I like him off the bench he has the fitness to press when the opposition is tiring.

Hagi scored a few weeks ago.

Also assisted 2 goals last week, assisted a goal yesterday and created the chance Kent missed that should have killed the game. He's finding his form.

Grigo Yossarian

It's a no brainer for me.

Love the guy, but we're pushing 9 months since he looked at his best. I'd take €20m without hesitation.

It all goes back to the fallout on 29.12 last year, both with respect to his suspension and what has potentially happened since then as he has gone about his life In this hateful city.

Remember the racist comments & remember his reaction to them that day.

I think the kid needs to get away from this for himself & his family.

And 20m euro will be a massive help for the club.

Remo-town

I’ll be honest, I don’t intentionally get involved in back and forth debates with people but I feel there’s a lot of wild shouts when it comes to Morelos

For a guy that hasn’t won a trophy with us, some try and claim without him we won’t win the league etc.
Away ye go delboy, you love it.

As soon as I seen the thread I jumped on to see how long it would take you to appear. Was getting a bit worried as I was scrolling for a bit before I came across your post. Was worried you had been covided.

Btw, I found gartnavel no problem last week. Just walked it from partick, cut along along hayburn crescent, over clarence drive and under the tunnel at the train station. Cheers for the advise.

KL2

I was disappointed Hagi came off yesterday.

He was the one player who looked as if he could open their defence and create chances etc.

Yeah it was disappointing.

As soon as he went off we lost the link from midfield to attack, actually thought Hibs looked more likely to get a winner in the last 5-10 minutes.