Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 94 20.0%
  • Defoe

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Patterson

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
Dropping a few starter players and still come out with a strong team. Good stuff, now let's get it done.

Good strong bench, manager giving some squad players a chance to prove a point., hopefully they take it!

Pleasantly surprised by the changes, good to see Itten and Stewart getting starts.

Thought one of the full-backs might get a rest though. Maybe Tav will if we get into a comfortable lead.

Stewart getting game time while Jones can't get in the Euro squad speaks volumes about Jones future at the club

I expected changes but not that many. Surprised to see Stewart start. Happy to see Edmunson start as he hasn’t done much wrong. Probably correct to rest Helander and Davis.

Stewart playing is excellent news. A little concerned about giving a center back his first game in a knock out match but let's be honest should be more than comfortable against this mob.

Fancy Greg Stewart to get a couple tonight.

Same here especially with the plastic pitch so good to see him getting a start.

Also expected to see Helander sit out and Big George come in, also a strong bench if we are in panic mode, hopefully not and I see a comfortable 2 or 3 nil win.

Only thing that concerns me is a lack of pace in the forward areas but probably shows we we need another right sided winger/forward type that has a similar play style to Kent

Let's get a couple of early goals to settle my nerves. I've only got 1 beer in the fridge to get me through this, and I can't be arsed going to the shops.

Surprised by the amount of changes. Think Arfield deserves his start after his performance at the weekend. Looking forward to seeing how Itten does.

Only thing that concerns me is a lack of pace in the forward areas but probably shows we we need another right sided winger/forward type that has a similar play style to Kent

When teams defend deep, with no space in behind them (as the Imps will), then pace almost becomes an irrelevance, mate.

A lot of firepower on the bench should we be struggling. We don't want extra-time.

An indication that McGregor is currently number two 'keeper...?

When teams defend deep, with no space in behind them (as the Imps will), then pace almost becomes an irrelevance, mate.
I wouldn't say that we still need quick and sharp movement to create space and make runs off the ball to break down teams that sit in pace can play a huge role in that unless we plan on a more direct approach today playing off Itten

I can’t see anything about the rule, just lots of references to the extra allowable sub in extra time. If we’re only allowed three then the list below is by likelihood.

Team I think we’ll line up with

Not sure if he’ll make as many as two changes to the defence – but if McGregor is fit then this feels like a great game to get minutes in his legs. Having the option – currently – of him as a cup keeper is incredible and such an improvement on where we’ve been.
Same for Edmundson, give him some time as well. Probably the roost unlikely pick, Gerrard could be conservative with such a great partnership between Goldson and the big Swede. Perhaps as a half time sub in for Helander and drop one of the ones below?
That line up is (bar Helander and McLaughlin) our strongest possible available to kick off with, blow them away, and then, if we’re winning at half time -

Kent for Itten – Move Roofe out to the wing to play wider, have Itten as the central focal point, same interchange of the front four as always. Need him up to speed given the number of games we’re going to be hitting soon.
Arfield for Stewart – Replacing industry with industry. Arfield definitely deserves a start given his showing last weekend, but can’t see him lasting the full 90 and not worth the risk.
Barisic for Bassey – Borna was nursing a knock after the internationals, keep him fresh for the weekend, %^*& knows I’d want to face him if I was blowing out my backside in the second half of a game.
Tav for Patterson – Experience and minutes. Getting youngsters in to the team and playing first teams vital to us long term. Between Davis or Goldson to get the armband IMO.
Barjonas for Hagi – Showed well in the slightly slower pace in France preseason, think in the second half of a game where defenders have been knocked around he’ll find a lot of space and time?
Ends up like;

Argument to potentially move the front four around again and get Defoe on rather than Barjonas, but not sure how much we’re willing to risk him on plastic given what he’s coming back from.

We don't play a 2-4-3-1 :))

A lot of firepower on the bench should we be struggling. We don't want extra-time.

An indication that McGregor is currently number two 'keeper...?
He's just back from injury and right back into the side. Not sure how you deduce he is number two from that.

However, McLaughlin certainly should not be dropped given his clean sheets - albeit he hasn't had too much to do.

Back