Lineker takes a cut !

Mickethius

I bet it pisses a load of folk right off that he’s actually walked the walk and taken in a refugee and had his salary cut.

Usually the one go to retort folk have for celebs is “aye well what are you dain tae help”, and that’s that gone down the shitter.
You think he’s sharing the washing up with him. Naive in the extreme

SouthLDNBear

If that's what they want to pay then good luck to him I say. I'd take it in a minute.
I think the difference here is that the bold Gary loves to comment on the inequalities of society when he himself enjoys sitting at one end of the spectrum

A token salary deduction whereafter he still earns an amount exceeding £1m whilst simultaneously preaching about the unfairness of tory cuts just makes him look like a hypocritical bastard

Lets see him work for %^*& all and donate his salary to charity for a predetermined amount of time. Fairly sure the cùnt is comfortable enough so to me he is another russell brand gobshite cùnt who would be better off sticking to what he's good at, shutting the fùck up, and presenting MOTD.

JW1988

Fs how is he gonna bail his nonce brother out when he is finally locked up ?
I liked linekar before I found him on Twitter. Remember watching him on that show with nick Hancock “they think it’s all over” and he seemed a decent guy. MOTD seemed a decent guy. Even on the fucking Walkers Ads he seems ok.
Take away the script and tv camera though and he’s an insufferable, over opinionated and often agitating twat!
But then, he would probably say I am the same

Otis Blue

These guys get these gigs for far too long. They should give them max 2-3 seasons then give the presenter slot to a newly retired player each time. That way they might just try and get a job actually within football instead of talking shit for decades.

DelPiero

He's an absolute worst cùnt so suggesting he is a "good guy" is wide of the mark. A hypocritical bastard of the highest fucking order.

But he's good on MOTD so I really don't care tbh.
You don’t really care yet you’ve absolutely raged in that first sentence and called him a cunt.

Okay doke.

Last edited:

Ibroxmassive

I bet it pisses a load of folk right off that he’s actually walked the walk and taken in a refugee and had his salary cut.

Usually the one go to retort folk have for celebs is “aye well what are you dain tae help”, and that’s that gone down the shitter.
I’ll happily pillory him for doing the film scheme tax bullshit, and maybe there’s a bit in there about marketing crisps? But aside from that, all the ‘stealing money off pensioners when he says poor people shouldn’t starve’ bollocks is just embarrassing from some.

PunkScott

Somehow it has been 3 since this version of the board launched and my memory of the old one is hazy, but were there as many duplicate threads before we got 'likes' from other posters?

douzpwa

Haha guy takes a pay cut, still people not happy.
Guy takes a refugee into his gaff, still not happy.

No one will ever be happy eh!
I dont know why refugees are brought in to this? Fact is he is being paid an obscene amount of money to present a show even with that cut!

Disraeli

I get that there is a “pay peanuts and you’ll get monkeys” argument, but does Lineker really offer a standard of sports broadcasting significantly higher than someone like Mark Chapman or Manish Bhasin? Both those guys would do his job for a fraction of the salary as well I would bet.

Last edited:

Sionk

I bet James Richardson would do it for a fraction of the salary and do an excellent job.

Ridiculous what some people are paid at the BBC, especially sports presenters. The majority watch for the coverage, some for the analysis, not many for a guy to present it.

It is hardly a massive gesture when you are still the highest paid in the place and have money flowing in from other sources.

bearmind

Lineker earns about at least 900k too much. However that pales into insignificance when you compare Gareth Bale's pay packet of 500k per week just to sit on Real Madrid's bench! He probably won't take much of a pay cut if he goes to Spurs or Man Utd etc.

I love Rangers and football in general and always have but that amount of money in a paypack is just downright disgusting in the present day world or at any time. If it wasn't for Rangers, I would be questioning my interest and commitment to football.

Bad Moon Rising

Lineker earns about at least 900k too much. However that pales into insignificance when you compare Gareth Bale's pay packet of 500k per week just to sit on Real Madrid's bench! He probably won't take much of a pay cut if he goes to Spurs or Man Utd etc.

I love Rangers and football in general and always have but that amount of money in a paypack is just downright disgusting in the present day world or at any time. If it wasn't for Rangers, I would be questioning my interest and commitment to football.
Imagine if as a country we could nip that in the bud and distribute the extra more fairly to our veterans, NHS staff, researchers in universities, etc? The people that form the foundation of our country get a pittance compared to Gary Lineker - it's a disgrace.

I think it's unfair too and actually my interest in English football has never been lower, the money has diluted the game down there in my opinion.

Houlet

I wonder if the same feelings are being expressed on football sites across the country. I'm too lazy to trawl through but some people on here visit other teams boards too.

Sutton_Blows_goats

I bet James Richardson would do it for a fraction of the salary and do an excellent job.

Ridiculous what some people are paid at the BBC, especially sports presenters. The majority watch for the coverage, some for the analysis, not many for a guy to present it.

It is hardly a massive gesture when you are still the highest paid in the place and have money flowing in from other sources.
James Richardson is also a bit of a lefty luvvie wank, however as a TV presenter he is far superior and far more likeable.

Sutton_Blows_goats

I get that their is a “pay peanuts and you’ll get monkeys” argument, but does Lineker really offer a standard of sports broadcasting significantly higher than someone like Mark Chapman or Manish Bhasin? Both those guys would do his job for a fraction of the salary as well I would bet.
Great shout, both very good IMO.

Papasmurf

Scum Evictor
Official Ticketer
Every time I hear the name Zoe Ball I think of the classic thread when the Baron told of his exploits when he met the bold Zoe & ended back in her hotel room & fckd her up the Ronson :)). One of the best threads of all time.
She still can’t walk properly

Alvor

How many of the celebs have partners that are also work in the organisation? Not that it could possibly influence how much they get paid.

change consent