Lion Rampant / Union Jack day poll

Would you welcome a lion rampant / Union Jack day at Ibrox

• Yes

Votes: 1,322 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 101 7.1%

• Total voters
We are still the majority of the Scotland support.
Not sure. I think the majority are guys who view Scotland as their club side, or support the diddy clubs like Thistle or Aberdeen. Just because we outnumber Celtic fans in the Scotland support, does not make us the majority.

Found a couple of the flags I was referring to:
qkZJBg7.jpeg

In my opinion we should be reclaiming our royal standard. Years gone by we used to see it quite a bit. I’d love an organised lion rampant & Union Jack day at Ibrox. There was a thread on the old board about this and I’m sure it was a very positive response.
I would be happy to get involved if pointed in the right direction of who to approach.
2ivisnt.jpg
Let's get things into perspective.

Union Flag is the name Union Jack is the name on ships .
I've no problem with Scottish flags or the Union Flag

Not sure. I think the majority are guys who view Scotland as their club side, or support the diddy clubs like Thistle or Aberdeen. Just because we outnumber Celtic fans in the Scotland support, does not make us the majority.
It's a shame you feel that way. I believe we are most definitely the majority within the Scotland fan base we are also the club that has provided the most internationals for the Scotland team.

That Yesser will probably tell you it belongs to the Royal Scots line, and the British monarchy have no right to it.
I do take context into account. The lion rampant flying above Royal residences in Scotland, I'm down with that. That's meaningful to me.
Ok but the lines merged with the Stuarts. So they do have a right to it.

This is my country, my flag and also my union .

No one will ever take away my right to fly them both.

I was brought up to appreciate and tolerate the opinion and beliefs of others. In so doing, I expect others to do the same but in this current climate there are many foes and charlatans, who do not appreciate tolerance and diversity and are determined to undermine my heritage.

To them I say, you are misguided, uneducated and wrong, as We are the People and together are strong.

Never ever let anyone undermine your beliefs, when they are based on division and hatred that is not a platform for harmony but a route to disaster.

My country, my flag, my union, my and my children's future depends on all of us holding these beliefs dear to our hearts and defending them resolutely.

This is not a fight, a battle, nor a war but a message of intent, do not push your nationalist republican agendas too far, as we will not surrender our values and beliefs readily.

Last edited:
The Lion Rampant was Robert the Bruce's coat of arms.
I've always loved it because it looks cool as %^*&.

The Lion Rampant was the flag Scotland supporters used to wave back in the day when we made up most of the National support. We should reclaim it. The Saltire is the flag of the SNP and they can keep it as far as I’m concerned.

I’m for the lion rampant, saltire and Union Jack all being flown and our supporters from other nations can wave theirs too - their nation on one side, red white and blue/Rangers on the other. ‘We are a diverse club.’ - thank you Joe. ;) :))

On the same theme. I was back in Glasgow yesterday and didn’t notice any Scotland flags on display at all. Here in Edinburgh, they are hanging out of windows everywhere. I suppose this is the ‘ diddy’ club effect of people not expecting anything other than endless failure latching onto something they feel makes them relevant for once.

Last edited:
If Unionists actually got off their arse and voted in proper numbers we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place and Nippy would be nowhere near Bute House.
Not as simple as that . Plenty who vote no for independence still vote SNP . Why ?I don’t know as to be fair to the snp they’re quite clear that’s their only objective . That’s the biggest problem re the mats being in office .

Let's get things into perspective.

Union Flag is the name Union Jack is the name on ships .
I've no problem with Scottish flags or the Union Flag
No offence, but It’s the Union Jack no matter where it is flown sir. Decided in parliament in 1908 where they stated “the Union Jack is our national flag”.

Read the book “The Union Jack” by Nick Groom for the full story.

I'm for sticking both flags up wee Burnies fat ar@e and tell her to sit down and shut up!
Both of these flags we're won at Culloden by Scottish unionist and stolen by the SNP ..... The Nats would like us all to believe that we only fought the English at Culloden!
There we're just as many clans there on the unionist side, that's the real reason the unionist army won that day.

Anyway ......St Andrew was a Greek, crucified by the Romans upside down that's the reason for the St Andrews cross shape.
All is the church of Rome's propaganda when Scotland was predominantly catholic via stupid Highlanders and they c@nt's from Edinburgh.

I'm sure the Queen is touched by how many Scotland fans have adopted the Royal Standard as their flag this summer including my howling neighbours who tick about every Nationalist Republican Mentally Challenged box there is.

Not as simple as that . Plenty who vote no for independence still vote SNP . Why ?I don’t know as to be fair to the snp they’re quite clear that’s their only objective . That’s the biggest problem re the mats being in office .
That is apparent.Im sure this has something to do with Labour being rubbish up in Scotland ( and the UK).It's almost like they think the SNP will stick up for Scotland in WM so vote for them but would never vote for Indy.A blind man can see the damage the SNP have done in Scotland,so why anyone votes for them baffles me.I think people won't vote Tory as they think of Thatcherism still.
On the flags.They are yours,every single one of them.Wave them proudly!

The Lion Rampant was the flag Scotland supporters used to wave back in the day when we made up most of the National support. We should reclaim it. The Saltire is the flag of the SNP and they can keep it as far as I’m concerned.
I fondly remember that, you couldn't see the terracing for the Lion Rampant. I was also told the LR was the Queens official flag when in Scotland, not sure if this is right? If it is may explain a lot re the moronic SNP supporters.

Lot of old posts on this thread along the lines of nationalists have appropriated the Saltire - let them have it.

Madness - the idea of rolling over and letting a group steal a symbol of our national identity is sickening to me.

If the Saltire does/has become undeniably a nationalist symbol it’s because we have let it happen.

In my opinion we should be reclaiming our royal standard. Years gone by we used to see it quite a bit. I’d love an organised lion rampant & Union Jack day at Ibrox. There was a thread on the old board about this and I’m sure it was a very positive response.
I would be happy to get involved if pointed in the right direction of who to approach.
I used to get my pish at Celtic fans having it now and again at matches not understanding what it was and that includes many in the Tranny army who boo the Sovereign

I have always loved The Lion Rampant, as far back as I remember. I still mind my brother correcting me for calling it the rampant lion when I was wee.
I have always associated it with the Rangers Lion on our badge, and yet a short time ago my very best and respected friend called the Lion on our badge a dragon! WTF? This guy is dyed in the wool Rangers too!

I would be fine with this display - should also include the Saltire and also any Bears coming from England, Northern Ireland or Wales should bring those flags.

For all the Nats have stolen both the saltire and the lion rampant, you do still see the saltire about a fair bit at Ibrox, but haven't seen a lion rampant for years. The Lion and the Jack day would be a great idea.
Not seen many lion rampants myself

Another vote for either a Saltire day or flag day for Union Flag or Saltire.

Have absolutely no problem with our Union Flag but it's time to let the nats know this is our Scotland

We should invite a member of the Royal Family to attend

edit: I remember the day that Her Majesty used to regularly attend Cup Finals
I’d like to see this. I’d also like to see the saltire as part of it. It should be reclaimed.

I am an ulster man but would love Rangers to reclaim the saltire. It is part of the union flag after all. We should really have a Scotland day much like we had the ulster day on days past. Maybe the closest game to St Andrews day. Drape the place in saltires, lion rampant and Union flags. Would even be magnificent to do a display on each stand. I hate how the nationalists have stolen the saltire. Growing up my family (scottish by birth) living in ulster always flew the saltire with pride.

Back