Liverpool Away

Mate read the comments about the travel club above,tickets for European finals and massive champions league games as soon as you joined,just imagine that happening now for a second ,you didn’t even have to have a season ticket haha The travel club was every bit as fucked as mygers,Rangers are just majorly cashing in on it now,that’s the difference.
And were those who didn't join prevented from joining? It was never an issue until the big games came along.

Euro aways seem to be the only ones with no criteria for previous attendance. Even the corporate to anfield seems to have been that you did previous trips

The major flaw in the travel club was that any one could join. You’ll never convince me that people who hadn’t been to Ibrox in years but lived on the continent and could get to Euro aways easily and cheaply getting tickets over ST holders was right.
Season ticket holders were able to join too though so it’s not as if non-ST holders had any sort of advantage. If people didn’t join it was on them

Season ticket holders were able to join too though so it’s not as if non-ST holders had any sort of advantage. If people didn’t join it was on them
Season ticket holders also got priority if points were level too so if a game was oversubscribed and there were too many in one points bracket it was the season ticket holder who got offered first

Hopefully if things pan out should be in Premier Lounge hospitality which I understand to be in main stand at halfway line
Any bears lucky enough to have tickets for Premier lounge?
Don’t know what lounge we are in but know it’s a 3 hour bar before the game , 3 course meal and main stand seats , hours bar after the game also

And were those who didn't join prevented from joining? It was never an issue until the big games came along.

Euro aways seem to be the only ones with no criteria for previous attendance. Even the corporate to anfield seems to have been that you did previous .

That gave all season ticket holders a head start and they counted games pre 2012 too so previous ST travel club members kept their points but non ST holders lost theirs as there was a break in their membership.
Yeah I recall that also

Liverpool fan here. Your mate is probably talking about the Derry social club on mere lane. The name speaks for itself, Liverpool and Rangers club!
There's parking there and on the surrounding streets.
Providing there's no serious trouble, which I doubt there will be, you should get straight out and be free to go wherever you want. As far as I know the only visiting fans to be kept behind are man Utd.
We do sometimes keep European visiting fans behind but I don't think you'll be classed as Europeans!

Cheers mate. It was actually the other end of Mere Lane, a charity building with a car park but that infos brilliant thanks a lot.

No, everyone who registered gets a response stating the points requirement and when to apply.
Nope I registered and never received email regarding points requirement or when to apply.

I’m below points threshold to purchase by 40 points

I checked my purchase history regularly to see if I’m successful- nothing there

Nope I registered and never received email regarding points requirement or when to apply.

I’m below points threshold to purchase by 40 points

I checked my purchase history regularly to see if I’m successful- nothing there
See post #2860

Absolutely no chance of that mate. The away end will be full, and the last team on earth who will knowingly overpopulate an area is Liverpool, for obvious reasons.

Bears in home areas of the ground will just have to go in neutral colours and stay quiet for the most part.

Oh, and joining in with ynwa would help. :eek:
I can probably sit quiet in nuetral xolours but no chance am I singing that lol

Keep refreshing those emails gal. Fingers crossed for you.
There is a very high chance I will be driving home from weekend away! Going to give my login to a mate and set up a forward on emails so she gets them and can login and buy for me!

Agreed, the drop should be minimal. How easy would it be for them to work out exactly how many tickets are left and how many members are in each point bracket. If there is say 100 tickets left they should work out exactly how many are in 1621 then 1620 then work it from that.

I am in 1621 so if there is few tickets left and the drop is 1600 - 1621 and I didnt get a ticket then its pretty shit.
Yeah exactly mate, I get they can’t just keep dropping it but they need to be aware of how close the likes of you and I and the other posters son are and how it’s snookered us!

It's far from perfect, but still a huge improvement on the lottery shambles that was the CCCS.
its made to look like an improvement when in effect its the same scheme , gold tier benefits the euro traveller and the domestic MyGers is the same as the CCCs was at the end ie you get a ticket then sit out till its your turn again .........

can't see any improvement

its made to look like an improvement when in effect its the same scheme , gold tier benefits the euro traveller and the domestic MyGers is the same as the CCCs was at the end ie you get a ticket then sit out till its your turn again .........

can't see any improvement

Semis and Finals are completely different and a massive improvement.

100% domestic away games they’re in a tough position because top down just means there’s no real reason for anyone below gold to buy it
But there’s an easy way round it:

Games with a mygers allocation of less than 500, make it a gold only ballot. Celtic/Hearts gold only. For Celtic, top 500 get 1 of the 2 Parkhead games each season, just your luck which one. Top 500 can change so not a closed shop. Aberdeen, gold and silver but the gold % is higher, so maybe 75% gold, 25% silver of the allocation

Games like Motherwell/Dundee Utd/Hibs that are still decent away games, make the gold % for these games less than what it currently is so more go to silver and bronze to make up for the 3 category A games mentioned above

Games against Ross County/St Mirren, gold/silver/bronze all get a % split. Livingston and St Johnstone (see above Motherwell et al)

That way you wouldn’t have posters in gold that have only got livingston, or 1 category A game in 2 seasons, whilst there’s some in silver that have had 2.

But there’s an easy way round it:

Games with a mygers allocation of less than 500, make it a gold only ballot. Celtic/Hearts gold only. For Celtic, top 500 get 1 of the 2 Parkhead games each season, just your luck which one. Top 500 can change so not a closed shop. Aberdeen, gold and silver but the gold % is higher, so maybe 75% gold, 25% silver of the allocation

Games like Motherwell/Dundee Utd/Hibs that are still decent away games, make the gold % for these games less than what it currently is so more go to silver and bronze to make up for the 3 category A games mentioned above

Games against Ross County/St Mirren, gold/silver/bronze all get a % split. Livingston and St Johnstone (see above Motherwell et al)

That way you wouldn’t have posters in gold that have only got livingston, or 1 category A game in 2 seasons, whilst there’s some in silver that have had 2.
I’ve had Livi and had 0 in two seasons :))

I’ve had Livi and had 0 in two seasons :))
That would be frustrating. To be honest, you could get 100 people to give suggestions and they’ll all be different, mainly suiting what would help them best

There should be enough category A tickets each season to guarantee all gold members at least 1 (if you include Hibs, so long as it’s a full stand). Issue is, the club have increased gold to a level that gold are on track to get 4 tickets across the season (livingston away twice is going to help pad it out)

That would be frustrating. To be honest, you could get 100 people to give suggestions and they’ll all be different, mainly suiting what would help them best

There should be enough category A tickets each season to guarantee all gold members at least 1 (if you include Hibs, so long as it’s a full stand). Issue is, the club have increased gold to a level that gold are on track to get 4 tickets across the season (livingston away twice is going to help pad it out)
St Johnstone will pad it out also, I’d imagine

St Johnstone will pad it out also, I’d imagine
Only 1 away game against St Johnstone though, as opposed to 2 we had last season. Having Livingston twice instead gives you circa an extra 3000 tickets split between the 2 games

That offsets the loss of a stand at St Mirren though

Only 1 away game against St Johnstone though, as opposed to 2 we had last season. Having Livingston twice instead gives you circa an extra 3000 tickets split between the 2 games

That offsets the loss of a stand at St Mirren though
True unless they get top 6.

Be a lot hoping they don’t get St Johnstone but will moan if they don’t. Much like when anyone could buy a few years back :))

True unless they get top 6.

Be a lot hoping they don’t get St Johnstone but will moan if they don’t. Much like when anyone could buy a few years back :))
Be good if they do get top 6, hopefully it’s teams that give us bigger allocations for that reason alone

Maybe sneak 5 aways if they do

Agree entirely. I am 1 point behind you, but if update had been done to the same timescale that Rangers take our cash, I would have scraped in for this. I did get a ticket for Ajax away, so difficult to understand why on a similar allocation andif the same principles were followed that I don’t make the cut for this, unless Rangers are creaming more tickets off the top for this game - just like Seville.
No you wouldn't have

It'd have just scaled the lower number for tickets up too, the overwhelming vast majority of folk above you will have the same or indeed more points going on

Rangers will have creamed more tickets off, and ease of travel and less of the short turn around will mean even more of those above you will have applied

You can almost do Anfield without taking a day off your work

The story about people joining the travel club getting a ticket for Barcelona then a ticket for the UEFA cup final is brilliant,remember it at the time.
Imagine the uproar if that happened with Mygers.
Don't you remember Seville...

I knew I wouldn’t get a ticket, 1578 points was never going to be enough.

What annoys me is if it was old Travel Club rules I’d have got one no problem. Just because I’m not able/ willing to buy Edmiston House packages, ST’s for youths and women teams I’m missing out.

MyGers does not reward loyalty. Like everything else it rewards those who can spend the most.

I believe exactly what you mention happened no?
Nowhere near it,you can’t be comparing people who signed up to a scheme getting a ticket to Barcelona and a uefa cup final (maybe not even season ticket holders can’t remember) to season ticket holders with a more than decent 5 year purchase history getting a ticket for Seville?

I knew I wouldn’t get a ticket, 1578 points was never going to be enough.

What annoys me is if it was old Travel Club rules I’d have got one no problem. Just because I’m not able/ willing to buy Edmiston House packages, ST’s for youths and women teams I’m missing out.

MyGers does not reward loyalty. Like everything else it rewards those who can spend the most.
I’ve not bought any add ons (not even RTV) and got a ticket for Anfield so that’s not true

I believe exactly what you mention happened no?

Not really. Those that joined MyGers before Seville and got a ticket obviously had accumulated enough points previously to get one. Those that got Manchester tickets having joined for Barca may have only been to one game on their life.

Nowhere near it,you can’t be comparing people who signed up to a scheme getting a ticket to Barcelona and a uefa cup final (maybe not even season ticket holders can’t remember) to season ticket holders with a more than decent 5 year purchase history getting a ticket for Seville?
No, but you can also suggest that MyGers should have a closure date for joining to prevent people signing up for Glory games who otherwise chose not too

Regardless of their 5 year history or not

EDIT: I'm not begrudging anyone a Seville ticket at all

But there should be a cut off for joining and a separate European requirement that also has a cut off

Back