Liverpool chiefs Jurgen Klopp doubts increase as reds further push for Steven Gerrard(Mirror)

I'm one of the more worried on here about the prospect of losing him. But there's not much there to go on. What happens if Germany win the Euros or get to the final?

Living down here I speak to a lot of Liverpool fans and I have a gut feeling that Klopp's time there is over. I think they'll move on in the summer.

I'm worried they will come for Gerrard if I'm honest.

There’s zero chance Gerrard will be Liverpool manager next year, he’s not ready.

A season in CL with us, possibly another season beyond that and he’d be ready to step up

What makes a manager ready?

He was an under 18s coach for one season when he took over mission impossible. A job where second is as good as last.

He was ready for us.

He is ready for Liverpool.

When they call,he will go and, when he does, I hope he wins the lot with them.

There’s zero chance Gerrard will be Liverpool manager next year, he’s not ready.

A season in CL with us, possibly another season beyond that and he’d be ready to step up
to say "zero" chance is hopeful I'd say. Bottom line is if Liverpool want Stevie as their manager now, next week, next year on in 10 years he'll take the job. Nothing we or any other future employer could do to prevent this,

He was an under 18s coach for one season when he took over mission impossible. A job where second is as good as last.

He was ready for us.

This season he’s started being more pragmatic, the 2 seasons before he was accused of being too rigid and being unable to change things during a game

In England, he’ll need to be way more pragmatic than he is right now and that’s something he needs to work on with us. Him changing from 433 to 4231, getting full backs to stay deep against Celtic/in Europe etc shows he’s learning

I personally think another few seasons learning how to change games etc will help him

Reactions: TQ3
Wouldn’t it be be brilliant if we sung you’ll never walk alone to him, by fucj that would annoy the scum

Why isn't he ready?

It's not a junior team he has turned around, Rangers are a massive club, he's taken us from the doldrums and made us as good as we have been at any time since I've been going to games, don't underestimate what he has done.

to say "zero" chance is hopeful I'd say. Bottom line is if Liverpool want Stevie as their manager now, next week, next year on in 10 years he'll take the job. Nothing we or any other future employer could do to prevent this,

If he decides to leave, whether that’s another EPL team or Liverpool, he’ll be going with everyone’s best wishes

He’s cemented himself as a club legend by winning the league this season and stopping 10iar. I just don’t think he’s ready at present

You think he'd be daft enough to leave tomorrow for Liverpool?

I don't think he would to be honest.

Sadly not so far fetched. Was hoping Klopp would be there for at least one more year. I cant see him leaving after this year when his team was decimated with major injuries.

We can’t control what happens at Liverpool. We all know Stevie G will be their manager one day.

We’ll just have to wait and see. It does feel like Klopp could be on the way out, more likely to chuck than be sacked imo

If Stevie G went in the summer after delivering 55 he’ll always be a Rangers legend in my eyes and I’d be telling myself not to be sad it’s over but to be happy that it happened.

If he decides to leave, whether that’s another EPL team or Liverpool, he’ll be going with everyone’s best wishes

He’s cemented himself as a club legend by winning the league this season and stopping 10iar. I just don’t think he’s ready at present
....i just hope the Liverpool board agree with your last statement. Essentially its down to them,. Not Rangers and not Stevie

This season he’s started being more pragmatic, the 2 seasons before he was accused of being too rigid and being unable to change things during a game

In England, he’ll need to be way more pragmatic than he is right now and that’s something he needs to work on with us. Him changing from 433 to 4231, getting full backs to stay deep against Celtic/in Europe etc shows he’s learning

I personally think another few seasons learning how to change games etc will help him

More experience will always help but fundamentally football is football.

He is ready. Is it the optimum time for him? No. But jobs come along when they come along and he is more than capable of being a success there.

The other side to your argument could be how does he become more ready for Liverpool than he already is after 3 years at Rangers?

Having a crack at the Champions League where he will just look to stay alive in the group rather than win the tournament apart, I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that question.

He's won us 55 and made us feared at home and abroad.
Whether it's tomorrow or 2025 he leaves, he is a Rangers legend and I will love the guy forever.
Agreed. But I would be absolutely gutted if the scenario in that article came to pass. He’s been phenomenal

What a waste it would be for Klopp to jump into international management.

If he was wanting to move on he could pretty much name his club and price (probably post-Guardiola style sabbatical), not waste away some of his prime years coaching a national side.

He was ready for us.

That is a really sensible post Coop.
I think the Klopp thing is tabloid bollocks. The guy certainly won’t be sacked after winning Liverpool’s first title in 30 years. But he’s had a bit of a hard time recently on a personal level. And if he DID decide to walk, then let’s not delude ourselves. Stevie is more than ready for that job after what he’s done for us

I agree with this. I think he is committed to us and looking forward to a crack at the CL. If Liverpool come calling though he wouldn't turn them down, even if he thinks it's not the perfect time. I think he said as much in a podcast with Jamie Carragher last year.

Whenever he leaves us, it will be with my blessing. I just hope it's not for at least another year, I think we have a great chance of qualifying for the CL groups with him in charge. The finances from that alone could set us up nicely for the next few years. It would be a fantastic legacy to leave us with, if he really does have to go.

More experience will always help but fundamentally football is football.

He is ready. Is it the optimum time for him? No. But jobs come along when they come along and he is more than capable of being a success there.

The other side to your argument could be how does he become more ready for Liverpool than he already is after 3 years at Rangers?

Having a crack at the Champions League where he will just look to stay alive in the group rather than win the tournament apart, I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that question.

How does he become more ready? Win back to back leagues with us, win a domestic cup and reach the CL groups

He’s still made mistakes, St Mirren in the cup he pinned firmly on himself because his team selection had too many changes etc. He’s learning with us at present, we’re essentially his apprenticeship before Liverpool - would their fans accept him making errors for 2/3 seasons? I’m not so sure

Why isn't he ready?

It's not a junior team he has turned around, Rangers are a massive club, he's taken us from the doldrums and made us as good as we have been at any time since I've been going to games, don't underestimate what he has done.

Rangers, especially in Europe, are playing some of the most expressive and attacking football I've ever witnessed as a fan going back to the 1970's. Gerrard will be sought after by many huge clubs, and not just Liverpool.

Peopel forget this time last year people were wanting him sacked and he was out of his depth

Anyways I'm not sure i'm particularly bothered, if liverpool come calling he's off and noone should have any ill words to say to Gerrard. If he wants to go then he can go, as far as I'm concerned he will forever be a Rangers legend and if it doesn't go well at Liverpool i'll welcome him back in a heartbeat. No matter what he done the hard part and broke the scum stronghold in scottish football and that's something that will never be forgotten and will give the future managers an easier time aswell.

How does he become more ready? Win back to back leagues with us, win a domestic cup and reach the CL groups

He’s still made mistakes, St Mirren in the cup he pinned firmly on himself because his team selection had too many changes etc. He’s learning with us at present, we’re essentially his apprenticeship before Liverpool - would their fans accept him making errors for 2/3 seasons? I’m not so sure

Winning again in Scotland won't make him more ready for Liverpool mate.

The fact is he is ready. He is a fine young manager who has, quite frankly, done a sensational job.

If Gerrard had turned Marseille into French champions, nobody would bat an eyelid about him being ready for Liverpool.

If he had ended Juves domination in Italy by rejuvenating Milan, the same.

If he had beaten Bayern to the title with Dortmund.

If he had won the Portuguese league.

He has taken a team from miles behind their rivals on and off the park to a club miles in front in three years. He has the second highest amount of European wins in our clubs history. In 3 years.

He has done, dare I say it, the finest managerial job in our club's history in terms of a turnaround. It was never a chasm that had to be bridged before.

And all that, with a massive financial gap and against the backdrop of 10 in a row and the pressure it entailed.

He is absolutely ready. As I said, is he at the peak of his powers? No. But that's different to being ready.

Football is football.

And as for letting him build....they gave Klopp 5 years.

His time over by personal choice?

I’m surprised after all he’s achieved if he was being pushed out.

I get the impression that he isn't enjoying it as much and the fans are starting to get a bit annoyed with his excuses.

The Everton defeat last week was a big deal down here.

Before that Everton game they were all giving Klopp the benefit of the doubt but they were not happy with that defeat. They didn't take it well at all and they're asking real questions.

If they asked him tomorrow before the league was won we all knew he would be there instantly.

Will be with us for another season at least.

The living away from his family stuff is probably going to be the thing that prompts him to leave, whenever that is.

It's likely that he will be Liverpool manager one day, but I don't think there is any rush on his behalf. He's still young.

Back