Liverpool V West Brom

They’re now even stopping the corner kick getting taken to check on something.

Talk about ruining a game, and in the long run football which was the worlds sport purely on the drama and fluidity of the game , not this nonsense.

I thought VAR got both decisions right albeit Salah enhancedthe foul by diving. Justice was done however at the end of the day. They need to find a better way of letting the crowd know what’s going on, perhaps even showing the reason the decision was made on the stadium screens

Liverpool better not bust my coupon......again!
I've eventually realised that betting on the FA Cup is nuts!

Aye it’s a joke that’s ruining football.

Despite getting two crucial match decisions spot on that would have everyone moaning like f*ck about refs.

The goal was clearly offside!

If that is your definition of someone being "clearly offside" then it differs from mine and also the linesman. One half of the guy's body was onside imo. It was not an obvious error on the part of the linesman not to put his flag up. If it was cricket it would have been deemed as "umpire's call" and the original decision would stand.

One of my main issues with VAR is not being used in every game in the same competition. Hardly a level playing field for all teams.

Someone could have went out today who with VAR might have got a decision go for them.

The players are requesting VAR for every single decision now!

Who would have thought that would happen?

One of my main issues with VAR is not being used in every game in the same competition. Hardly a level playing field for all teams.

Someone could have went out today who with VAR might have got a decision go for them.

That is became it is just a test currently

It is only used on Premier league grounds as these grounds are set-up for VAR which is based near Heathrow Airport at the Premier League's broadcast centre

Not even being used in all the televised games. It's weird.

A lot of the decisions are also just someone's opinion or interpretation of the incident so they will still get some wrong. If it helps get more right then it should be welcomed but it needs to be a level playing field and it needs to be more efficient.

I thought VAR got both decisions right albeit Salah enhancedthe foul by diving. Justice was done however at the end of the day. They need to find a better way of letting the crowd know what’s going on, perhaps even showing the reason the decision was made on the stadium screens

Totally agree. The hand signals for penalty kick and goal kick are the exact same, I had no idea what he had given until I saw Firminio holding the ball 30 seconds later (I'm watching the game in a pub, volume on mute).

Last edited:

It is only used on Premier league grounds as these grounds are set-up for VAR which is based near Heathrow Airport at the Premier League's broadcast centre
So whether or not you stay in the cup is currently just shit-rotten luck based in when you came out the hat.

Also, how come the ref sometimes trusts the judgment of the person speaking in his ear (West Brom disallowed goal), and then other times (Salah penalty) wants to go and watch it for himself at the dugouts.

Also, how come the ref sometimes trusts the judgment of the person speaking in his ear (West Brom disallowed goal), and then other times (Salah penalty) wants to go and watch it for himself at the dugouts.
Because it's still the refs decision that's final. The VAR guy could recommend he gives the penalty but the ref decides otherwise.

That’s all well and good and of course these things need to be tested, but it just devalues the FA Cup further when the exact same incidents could have happened to a PL side at a League 2 stadium this afternoon and would have been given the other way.

Thankfully the inconsistency is probably why we won’t get it up here any time soon.

The game cannot function like this. You have to be able to celebrate a goal at the time, not two minutes later.

This is f()cking pathetic. VAR will kill football as we know it.

On a more positive note, I got 3/1 in play for West Brom 10 mins ago! Hopefully they hold out

Right, we all saw well over a f*cking minute ago that there was nothing wrong with that - why did it take another minute or 2 for a decision ffs?

So they spend 6+ minutes fannying about with VAR yet end up playing 5 minutes stoppage time?

Did nothing else happen in the game? Farce.

If that is your definition of someone being "clearly offside" then it differs from mine and also the linesman. One half of the guy's body was onside imo. It was not an obvious error on the part of the linesman not to put his flag up. If it was cricket it would have been deemed as "umpire's call" and the original decision would stand.
Yea it was definitely a hard one to call in real time with so much going, not denying that but you said it was a wrong decision. On replay he was definitely offside so the VAR got the correct decision even if it is ruining the momentum etc.

I think it will only work in future if they can reduce the delays, maybe just have a referee in his ear who is watching on tv without the whole stopping play and waiting ages to watch again and again.

That’s all well and good and of course these things need to be tested, but it just devalues the FA Cup further when the exact same incidents could have happened to a PL side at a League 2 stadium this afternoon and would have been given the other way.

Thankfully the inconsistency is probably why we won’t get it up here any time soon.

They have used the FA Cup and League Cup as the test ground

If it was to come in then it should be restrict it to Premier League games only

If they add on the time VAR takes this game will go on to midnight, slight exaggeration but you get my drift.

Back