Liverpool want 12 million for Kent

There is a lot of posters pointing to a lack of goals and assists as a lack of contribution but I feel many are not looking at the bigger picture he is excellent at dribbling at pace and as the song goes tearing apart defenders with his skills and agility and this in turn drags opposition players out of position creating space for other players to be more effective obviously goals and assists output could be improved but thats probably why we have him on loan and why he is not in Liverpools first team already

But as people are saying,surely it will come down to Kent's decision and based on that surely he will know he won't be furthering his career playing for the likes of Fulham,surely Rangers will meet his aspirations in that he has European football,hopefully C.L.
Fulham are a 3rd rate outfit in a top class league
Rangers are a top class outfit playing in a 3rd rate league
There’s a decision to be made by Kent here. (I know Fulham is being used hypothetically here)

Who’s paying £12m then? He’s only worth what someone’s willing to pay.
For a lot of English clubs £12m is just a punt these days. Given his season with us, a punt that some will be willing to take.
It’s like us spending half a million on someone.

This is purely hypothetical, but say we managed to get £18m for Morelos. Would you be happy with us spending £12m for Kent?

I think I would to be honest.

RK is a very good player as it stands and has so much potential to be a GREAT player that could see us make a 100% profit down the line. He's also a zero risk signing that slots seemlessly back into the side next season.

All hypothetical of course, but not completely out of the realms of possibility.

They can royally %^*& right off if that figure is true.

No point in getting angry at Liverpool mate. Why on Earth would they sell their player cheaper - much cheaper - to us when they can get that sort of money from clubs down South? They are doing the right thing for their club, nothing more.

No point in getting angry at Liverpool mate. Why on Earth would they sell their player cheaper - much cheaper - to us when they can get that sort of money from clubs down South? They are doing the right thing for their club, nothing more.
The figure is astronomical for what basically is a player that won't get a game for Liverpool it's just an indication of how out of touch the Premier league truly is

The figure is astronomical for what basically is a player that won't get a game for Liverpool it's just an indication of how out of touch the Premier league truly is

Of course it is - but that’s life in football today. Think Ward, Ibe and Solanke and the fees they went for from Liverpool.

This is purely hypothetical, but say we managed to get £18m for Morelos. Would you be happy with us spending £12m for Kent?

RK is a very good player as it stands and has so much potential to be a GREAT player that could see us make a 100% profit down the line. He's also a zero risk signing that slots seemlessly back into the side next season.

All hypothetical of course, but not completely out of the realms of possibility.

Is Morelos 6 million quid better than Kent?

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of us ever spending £12m on a single player.

£12m would get us around 3 or 4 instant starters in our team.

I’m a huge fan of Kent and I’d love him back but I’d rather have that than Kent

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of us ever spending £12m on a single player.

It's not what you want that matters though is it?

Dave King has always maintained that any transfer fees we receive will be invested back in the team.

If we were to get £18 million for Morelos, do you not think Gerrard would be allowed to spend it as he sees fit? If he wanted to use £12m of it on one player do you think the board would veto it? I don't (unless maybe if there was no potential sell on value for said player, which in this scenario, isn't the case).

Another year on loan will do just fine.

Dave King has always maintained that any transfer fees we receive will be invested back in the team.

If we were to get £18 million for Morelos, do you not think Gerrard would be allowed to spend it as he sees fit? If he wanted to use £12m of it on one player do you think the board would veto it? I don't (unless maybe if there was no potential sell on value for said player, which in this scenario, isn't the case).

I’m pretty sure Gerrard won’t want to spend £12m on Kent.

Imagine if he did his ACL in preseason and that’s him out after us spending that amount of money on him.

Gerrard isn’t daft. If that amount of money is available, he’ll be spending it on a few players of a decent standard.

Kent is only going to get better, even last weeks game he was involved in almost every chance we created.

We wont be spending anywhere near £5/8/12m on anybody so hopefully we get him back on loan next season.

No he's not, our model must be to unearth sell high and repeat. Our league does not justify £12m players and the wages that demands.

I’m pretty sure Gerrard won’t want to spend £12m on Kent.

Imagine if he did his ACL in preseason and that’s him out after us spending that amount of money on him.

Gerrard isn’t daft. If that amount of money is available, he’ll be spending it on a few players of a decent standard.

You may be right but you can't not sign a player because he might get injured that's just a daft way of thinking.

My scenario was hypothetical anyway in a situation where we've received a huge amount of money for Morelos.

Will be interesting to see what happens this summer either way.

Definitely. The idea of spending £12m on him is ludicrous.

Although there was talk of us offering £8m for him

Just hope our Gaffer can strike a deal for another season. Kent's dynamite in our team and will play a big part next season.

Two reasons, Kent has a major part in us winning the title.

Liverpool sell him on for his true value.

Ryan Kent really is top class, he loves it here. Loan deal, no brainer.

No he's not, our model must be to unearth sell high and repeat. Our league does not justify £12m players and the wages that demands.

No he's not what? You don't think Kent has the potential to be a great player that could sell one day for £20m+?

The filth sold Dembele for around £20m and bought Edouard for £9m. I see no reason whatsoever why we couldn't do similar. They ain't making much (if any) profit on him but as I said before, my personal opinion is that Kent could one day be a £20m player.

Im short, yes

There is not a snowballs chance Gerrard would be allowed to sign a player for 12 million.

If we didnt get Kent back next season what's the chances Ben Woodburn gets offered as an alternative from what I can see both play in similar roles ?

The SPFL cannot justify buying players at £12m.
Buying low and selling for more yes.
As for Edourde? costing £9m don’t make me laugh.

If that was the case and Gerrard was given the money to spend as he wanted,I don't believe for a minute he would spend that much of his available budget on Kent.
£5/6m I think he would have been tempted but he would never spend 2/3rds of that kind of budget on one player.

The fee should have been agreed before he even kicked a ball. This was always going to happen.

How does that conversation work?

“Hi Jürgen, can we borrow Ryan Kent for a season? But we will only agree to you accepting our offer to loan him if you also agree to sell him for £3m regardless of how well he does, or £500k if he’s šhite....”

I’m not sure any business would accept that type of agreement

Last edited:
If that was the case and Gerrard was given the money to spend as he wanted,I don't believe for a minute he would spend that much of his available budget on Kent.
£5/6m I think he would have been tempted but he would never spend 2/3rds of that kind of budget on one player.

If it was 2/3 of his budget then I totally agree. Whatever we get for Morelos won't just be all we have to spend on transfers this summer though. I'm pretty sure there will be decent funds available to start with and any funds raised by player sales will be added to it.

There is a lot of posters pointing to a lack of goals and assists as a lack of contribution but I feel many are not looking at the bigger picture he is excellent at dribbling at pace and as the song goes tearing apart defenders with his skills and agility and this in turn drags opposition players out of position creating space for other players to be more effective obviously goals and assists output could be improved but thats probably why we have him on loan and why he is not in Liverpools first team already
Exactly our first goal against the scum cane from him getting fouled,he creates so much space for other players because the opposition or scared of him.

I’d see it as a waste. We’d be a key squad player less and only have £6m left of that fee to spend on new upgrades.

If it was 2/3 of his budget then I totally agree. Whatever we get for Morelos won't just be all we have to spend on transfers this summer though. I'm pretty sure there will be decent funds available to start with and any funds raised by player sales will be added to it.
But spending that on transfer fees would also dip into whatever greater budget as you would also be paying higher wages for a any player signed for that kind of cash

What makes you think that.

The board have predicted ongoing losses, where would the money be coming from before incoming transfer fees.

We could easily find players to get more goals and assists in Hamilton drubbings or constellation goals.

What Kent offers is no fear of Celtic, a flair that cannot be trained and the willingness to keep going when things don’t come off.

He’s an excellent player and will continue to improve if he stays.

Zero chance we are spending that on one player. My gut tells me we will get him for another year. Gerrard will be key in persuading Kent to come back, although I think the player himself loves it here as it is

Zero chance we are spending that on one player. My gut tells me we will get him for another year. Gerrard will be key in persuading Kent to come back, although I think the player himself loves it here as it is

I agree, I think there will be another loan.

However if someone meets Liverpool's valuation and offers him EPL type wages it would be as near as makes no difference impossible to keep him.

Back