Liverpool!

when I was a kid in the 60'/70' we always had an affinity with Liverpool, not sure what happened to that
I was a Liverpool fan, that is favourite English team, from around 70 to Souness left them.
Then came their love in with Septic.
That was my perception anyway.
Wanted the worst for them right through till their cup win.
I was glad they were getting trounced at half time but, by full time I was wanting them to win.
I’f been a tad indifferent towards them till about eighteen months ago when, no idea the reason for this, I suddenly found myself wishing them success.

Feck all these money hoarding English tourist traps. I don’t know why anyone needs to pick any of them. I don’t mind Arsenal but I don’t like them either. But United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs? Fùck the lot of them. They’ve got enough plastic hangers on they don’t need our lot too.

NO time for the Scousers at all, can't stand them,through personnel experience of their fans.
Wish them nothing but pain and bad luck in every game and competition they compete in.

I actually wanted to start a discussion of sorts about how much one man can do for you. I didn’t have any feelings towards liverpool at all a few years ago, now I find myself wanting them to win the league all cause of oor stevie
Same. I've never really "Supported" an English side. Always had a preference for Chelsea over the rest, but that's probably the most I'd attribute it to, preference. Now I've found myself actually hoping for a Liverpool win at times.

Longer Liverpool do well, the longer they keep Klopp and don't steal Stevie :D

I was a Liverpool fan, that is favourite English team, from around 70 to Souness left them.
I was glad they were getting trounced at half time but, by full time I was wanting them to win.
I’f been a tad indifferent towards them till about eighteen months ago when, no idea the reason for this, I suddenly found myself wishing them success.
was always us and Liverpool and them and Everton when I was a kid, things change I guess, I might be able to shine some light on your change of heart 18 months a go if your interested ;)

My team is Rangers,always has been and always will be but I have had and I nterest an d want them to do well since the 60s.This partly due to family connections from Liverpool.
This so called love in with the Tim's is a myth,yes there are some who prefer them as there are some who prefer us but mainly they are only interested in their own team like we are.

Should I like them or not?

Feels weird!

lived in Chester area for 9 years (01-10) and LFC are very much a like minded club. Many good friends met and retained who are all pro-Rangers. I go to a few games and frequent the Everton Road Orange Halls when visiting where a warm welcome is always available. Good FB too, Everton Road PBFB

Premier league is too cooperate for me. All the top teams never seem to have much true fans. All seem to change with the weather

Back in the ‘70s all the Rangers fans I knew liked Liverpool as their English team; Timbo liked Man U.

I’d really like to see them win it this year.

Premier league is too cooperate for me. All the top teams never seem to have much true fans. All seem to change with the weather

At least the Scourers do out of all if the Top teams.

Man City are one of worst examples of it. Them and their City neighbours.

Disneyworld clubs.

Fck them.

Hope the Scourers can ram it up the lot of them.

Shankly, Paisley and Fagan built them into the greatest club in Europe. They had it all, football, success, fans...

I think Klopp is going a long way to restoring that position.

(In the interests of honesty I have to admit that Stevie G has had a huge influence in actually giving a fuck about anything Liverpool do, but that's football, that's life.)

Far and away the better side today.

Utterly ruthless in front of goal.

Manchester City will now have to win every single game for the rest of the season to catch them.

The thing that strikes you when you emerge out of Lime Street station is the amount of Irish tricolours hanging from virtually every pub you can see.
F*ck them.

Founded by an Orange man using your username as a guide mate.

I actually feel sorry for the genuine old school Orangemen who have been supporting Liverpool since the 60’s.
They’ve seen their support neutralised by a combination of glory hunters and tourists who were not even around in the mid 70’s. More alarmingly, their success in Europe backfired to such an extent that the demographics of even their local support changed drastically as the huge catholic population of the city suddenly saw them as something that could be latched onto.
So the Liverpool support we see today is as far removed as possible from the Liverpool support that followed them up to the mid 1970’s.

when I was a kid in the 60'/70' we always had an affinity with Liverpool, not sure what happened to that

I actually feel sorry for the genuine old school Orangemen who have been supporting Liverpool since the 60’s.
They’ve seen their support neutralised by a combination of glory hunters and tourists who were not even around in the mid 70’s. More alarmingly, their success in Europe backfired to such an extent that the demographics of even their local support changed drastically as the huge catholic population of the city suddenly saw them as something that could be latched onto.
So the Liverpool support we see today is as far removed as possible from the Liverpool support that followed them up to the mid 1970’s.

That's a fair comment. I think also the Rangers link eased off a bit after Hillsborough when Celtic invited them up for a friendly because of the Dalgish connection. But generally the city religion thing is mixed. Neither Liverpool or Everton are prominently Prod or Catholic.

I actually wanted to start a discussion of sorts about how much one man can do for you. I didn’t have any feelings towards liverpool at all a few years ago, now I find myself wanting them to win the league all cause of oor stevie
If Gerrard liked take that I’d go and buy their greatest hits tmorrow!!! I fucking love everything about steven Gerrard :p

Just hope Liverpool win league this year and they give klopp a new contract as if Stevie G leaves us us any sooner god knows who would take over as since Stevie has come it's like a fresh breath of air as I know he will bring us Glory back again!!

The thing that strikes you when you emerge out of Lime Street station is the amount of Irish tricolours hanging from virtually every pub you can see.
F*ck them.
That’s the Irish ‘quarter’. In reality about 4 pubs in a city centre of dozens upon dozens of bars. But you’re right, for those getting off the train it does give a very bad first impression. I reality this is their own wee hovel and one where the orange Walk each year take great delight in going past.

As a football fanI just enjoy watching them. I couldn’t care less who wins the EPL tbh but Liverpool can now only throw it away. Last season City got the rub of the green when Kompany should have been sent off and today Liverpool got away with the handball right before the opener.

Pep doesn’t make too many mistakes but paying £50m for Stones looks like one and not replacing Kompany in the squads a head scratcher.

Back