Livi Goalie

His positioning for the Barisic and Tav free kicks was woeful
I noticed that with Tav’s goal, but didn’t spot it with Borna. He did make some decent stops, though. It’s baffling how pro keepers can get set piece positioning so wrong. It’s like a barber pulling out the mirror at the end of your haircut and showing you a reflection of your shoulder.

One thing that pleased me today was that fucker getting beat

Took an immediate dislike to him with his time wasting and sly smirks at the rangers fans
Wasting time is part of the game and how good they are it. I would hope our keepers can do it to get us over the line. Although I would say our keepers would not have been given leniency like theirs!

We should be testing SPL fodder teams from outside the box earlier, half them would spill the ball or get caught off guard.
Someone when we play teams is like spfl has amazing keepers reality is keepers up here generally have 10 been to guard their goal as well.

He's weak on his left all 3 goals we scored were scored same side - either that or over compensation positionaly

The esrly goal we gave them played right into his hands didn’t look a good keeper to me once we started getting at them he will struggle in Scotland

We always moan about this as it’s very frustrating but we all loved it when McGregor done it in Europe. It’s just one of those things.
I don't blame the keepers one bit, it's the refs letting them away with it.

You see different reactions from McGregor when he does it.
In Europe, he'll get on when the ref pulls him up on it. If he gets booked, he'll accept the card.
Domestically, he always argues and points out the shit that every other keeper gets away with. He never takes the booking without getting his point across. Rightly so, in my opinion.

What happened to Stryjek? They sell him? I swear that lad always has a worldie against us and he's the same against them tbf.

All keepers time waste (Greegs superb at it when occasion arises) admittedly it tends to be from first minute against us but that’s where referees should step in. That’s where it falls apart. Robertson did eventually book him to cheers from The Bears but as my mate said that’s as far as they go. They’ll continue to do it and never seen one get a second yellow. Until they’re getting beat and then things change.

Apparently had a great season last year. Cant really blame him for time wastingS
sddefault.jpg

The issue of time wasting must be addressed. I said in another thread that booking a goalie is pointless because he can continue to waste even more time and no referee will send a keeper off for wasting time twice.
I am not sure what the answer is, but it might be a good idea to have an official timekeeper to record the time the ball is not in play (and to include the time spent in the keepers hands or feet) then add that on, or set a minimum time for the ball to be actually in play.

Last edited:
The time wasting is frustrating for us chasing the game. What pissed me off was the ref let him away with it plenty of times before his booking. McLaughlin done it once after we went ahead and Robertson was on his case.

The time wasting tactics are infuriating, most goalies against us basically start that carry on immediately. What was also frustrating was that whenever livi conceded a free kick one of their players would always kick the ball away. That coupled with bizarre decision making from the ref made the 1st half so frustrating to watch.

Tav openly showed everyone where he was going to place the f.k. he actually looked around the wall, brilliant strike though, and yes the Livi keeper is a time wasting prick.

That's weird, he was first choice for them last season was he not? He fall out with Martindale/Club or something?

He got sent off in one of the league cup games and Martindale came out saying he wasn't happy with him or his form as well as the other keeper they had and that's why they brought that keeper in from Colchester.

Better not saying anything bad about him, Martindale or Livingston or you’ll get the “they’re only a small club on a budget doing what they can to try and win points defenders” diving on you for having an opinion about blatant cheating!

Always great to see them scurry about once the tables turn!

Time wasting is part of the game and you just have to accept it goes on. We do it ourselves in European games so we can’t be too hypocritical about it.

The thing that really annoys me about it though is when the opposition keeper wastes time for the entire match and the referee says nothing yet when we turn the game around and have the lead they always give the hurry up to our keepers when they have taken a fraction of the time the opposition keepers did.

Apparently the first player they have actually spent a transfer fee on in many years, seems a waste judging by yesterday's performance.

Never had a save to make in the first half.
The time wasting from him was predictable when they went 1-0 up. I’d like to see some rule where if a keeper is booked for continuous time wasting but then the scores reverse before the end of the game, the opposition that are now in front can say we don’t want injury time to the ref.
Don’t know if it would work but something needs done.
On a side note at one point Devlin for them actually waited until the ball had came back out the crowd then ran about 10 yards to go and boot it away.

Back