Livi Goalie

Never had a save to make in the first half.
The time wasting from him was predictable when they went 1-0 up. I’d like to see some rule where if a keeper is booked for continuous time wasting but then the scores reverse before the end of the game, the opposition that are now in front can say we don’t want injury time to the ref.
Don’t know if it would work but something needs done.
On a side note at one point Devlin for them actually waited until the ball had came back out the crowd then ran about 10 yards to go and boot it away.
Should bring in a time limit for free kicks and if not got in time free kick is is awarded to opposition team

Wasting time is part of the game and how good they are it. I would hope our keepers can do it to get us over the line. Although I would say our keepers would not have been given leniency like theirs!
You mean like the Greegs flop? :)

The issue of time wasting must be addressed. I said in another thread that booking a goalie is pointless because he can continue to waste even more time and no referee will send a keeper off for wasting time twice.
I am not sure what the answer is, but it might be a good idea to have an official timekeeper to record the time the ball is not in play (and to include the time spent in the keepers hands or feet) then add that on, or set a minimum time for the ball to be actually in play.
After first booking for time wasting, if repeated then a penalty. Sorted.

All keepers time waste (Greegs superb at it when occasion arises) admittedly it tends to be from first minute against us but that’s where referees should step in. That’s where it falls apart. Robertson did eventually book him to cheers from The Bears but as my mate said that’s as far as they go. They’ll continue to do it and never seen one get a second yellow. Until they’re getting beat and then things change.

Around 60 odd minutes as well. Was very surprised at that.

You cant really blame the goalkeepers as they are only following instructions and it’s part of their game plan, which comes from their manager. Our anger should be directed towards the officials who are supposed to issue yellow cards for time wasting, but the Scottish rule book appears to state that this rule only applies to Rangers’ players. You also see referees pointing to their watch to signify they are adding the extra time, but we know the time is never added on.

The keeper was holding onto the ball for 18-20 secs and he was ripping the piss

The ref booking him as early surprised me

I didn’t see him warning him but I was watching on TV so maybe he had told him before he booked him

What happened to Stryjek? They sell him? I swear that lad always has a worldie against us and he's the same against them tbf.
Stryjek has a pretty bad drink problem apparently. My mate married into a family of Livi season ticket holders and that's the word going around anyway.

But McGregor didn't start doing it after only 20 minutes ......
If we were winning 1-0 early on against a massive team in Europe we would be happy for McGregor to do his slow jog he has perfected over the years.

Or the not hearing the ref and walking 20 yards to him so he can hear the ref telling him to hurry up.

Or the attempt at picking the ball up and “accidentally” kicking it a few yards in front of him.

Let’s be honest, McGregor is the master of it.

The issue of time wasting must be addressed. I said in another thread that booking a goalie is pointless because he can continue to waste even more time and no referee will send a keeper off for wasting time twice.
I am not sure what the answer is, but it might be a good idea to have an official timekeeper to record the time the ball is not in play (and to include the time spent in the keepers hands or feet) then add that on, or set a minimum time for the ball to be actually in play.
I thought about it. Maybe I shouldn't have.
:cool:

What if, someone records and identifies the time "wasted" by each team.

If Rangers are winning.
The opposing team gets the time wasted by us.

If Rangers are getting beat.
We get the time wasted by the other team.

If it's a draw, take the average.

If it's the mentally challengeds.
Teams play until the fuckers get beat.

If we were winning 1-0 early on against a massive team in Europe we would be happy for McGregor to do his slow jog he has perfected over the years.

Or the not hearing the ref and walking 20 yards to him so he can hear the ref telling him to hurry up.

Or the attempt at picking the ball up and “accidentally” kicking it a few yards in front of him.

Let’s be honest, McGregor is the master of it.
I certainly wouldn't be happy for our goalie or any other player to waste time as early as 20minutes into the game no matter who the opposition was , and what the score was and gladly haven't witnessed it ever happening. The time factor is the issue here not the act itself.

I certainly wouldn't be happy for our goalie or any other player to waste time as early as 20minutes into the game no matter who the opposition was , and what the score was and gladly haven't witnessed it ever happening. The time factor is the issue here not the act itself.
You must have missed us in our 0-0 draw against Barca years ago.

Colak was even counting out the seconds on his hands when he had possession. I’d love a ref to have the balls once to call a foul and give an indirect free kick, but then pigs might fly

We were up against a club who made a conscious decision to make their playing surface worse so it's no surprise. I like David Martindale but, I thought that was poor to do that yesterday.

Thought he was hopeless honestly, he saved Tillmans close range effort but he didn’t know much about it. I did think if Tav or Borna could get a free kick on target he probably wouldn’t save it. Deserved after his time wasting.

Back