Livingston boss David Martindale could face 'fit and proper person' test over criminal past

4 years in jail! Bet not many people with a criminal record like that get a decent job like this. Pretty mental, actually
That's Livingston's problem - not the SFA's.

BTW I am not condoning his criminal past in any way. And I wouldn't want him at Rangers. But, Livingston are his employer - he is their responsibility.

He doesn't hide from it which is probably a good thing for him.

Last edited:
This has got dirty tricks f.c.and their followers written all over it. Maybe it's that sneaky wee low life expenses cheat John Reid , stirring the pot again and the like minded SFA only too happy to obey

I'll be pissed if he faces any actions as a result of this. He made mistakes, did his time and then started to rebuild. He even rejected the role previously in case it brought bad attention to to the club. He is clearly very good at his job and stands as an outstanding non-recidivism example of how beneficial it can be to give someone a second chance.

Did they have a meeting to see if declan the baseball but thug gallagher,who has a criminal record regarding an attempt to destroy someones life with a baseball bat was a fit and proper person to be involved in football?

Why should anyone that's been punished by the law and served their time be banned from participating in football as a player, coach or manager?

I understand why it should affect corporate roles, but in a purely footballing capacity I think this is grossly inappropriate.
Why should it affect someone in a corporate role?
If they've served their time they've served their time
I dont think you can have a tiered system

Are we not still waiting for them to pass Alistair Johnston as "fit & proper" to serve as a Director...?!

Shameful timing for the Martindale stuff, but not in the least bit surprising.

It's a smashing wee country this, so it is

I'll be pissed if he faces any actions as a result of this. He made mistakes, did his time and then started to rebuild. He even rejected the role previously in case it brought bad attention to to the club. He is clearly very good at his job and stands as an outstanding non-recidivism example of how beneficial it can be to give someone a second chance.

The law of the land dictates that people pay their dues for errors in life & then hopefully learn & move on.

Scottish Football shows an arrogance that they think they are above that.

And football is meant to be the working man’s game.

A joke.

Hes just a scheme boy who actually has a fitba brain. I dont mind it and should be allowed to continue his job

Doesn't the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act mean they can't use previous convictions against you after a certain amount of time?

He was a bam when he was younger and he’s done the time for his well publicised crimes. No point trying to rehabilitate people if you’re then going to block them from progressing their lives once out. What I won’t forgive though is him constantly sh1tting in the chocolate and putting me off Jaffa cakes. I loved Jaffa cakes

Why should anyone that's been punished by the law and served their time be banned from participating in football as a player, coach or manager?

I understand why it should affect corporate roles, but in a purely footballing capacity I think this is grossly inappropriate.

I genuinely don't think it's as cut and dried as that, particularly with the nature of some offences.

Should get a job a Uefa or Fifa, they’ll find him a job that is fit and proper, as long as he doesn’t have an allergy to brown envelopes, or the Russian Olympic team. None of which have as dubious a past as their opponents tonight!!
it the money laundering did he not put money into Livingstone at the start or work for nothing how could he afford this? did he have money tucked away? how did he make the money? you are talking about influence and power as a manager of a team that has teams at all levels including 5-16 year olds

i would be hesitant to give him a licence

oh i have worked with people under rehabilitation of offenders act for years and people are good at hiding and give people money to watch for them so for me its a no

it the money laundering did he not put money into Livingstone at the start or work for nothing how could he afford this? did he have money tucked away? how did he make the money? you are talking about influence and power as a manager of a team that has teams at all levels including 5-16 year olds

i would be hesitant to give him a licence

oh i have worked with people under rehabilitation of offenders act for years and people are good at hiding and give people money to watch for them so for me its a no
I have no idea what his past is, to be honest, only from on here.

I know of another manager in the league who likes to threaten women to shut their mouths about his infadelites and wrongdoings. :oops: When was his fit and proper test investigation again? Missed that one.

If they have to go through all this pish, why would they let him manage a team to begin with!? Ridiculous situation.

Didn’t know alot about the guy but just read up about him. Pretty incredible story to be fair

he’s done his time and punishment, let him get on with his life now. Fair play to him for turning his life around

"For the prison and court system to work, there has got to be a rehabilitation process. How do people get back into society? Do you want people falling into a vicious circle and reoffending?”

This.

If you’re going to write people off forever, then you’re as well just dishing out life sentences.

I’ve changed my mind - I want him put back inside never mind passed as fit and proper.

After resting 7 players tonight, if Celtic win I would ban him from management!

Back