Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

They had 2 great chances in the first 10 mins. You could tell in those first moments we were getting %^*& all today.

Gerrard better get the finger out, because these league performances away from home have been piss poor. The dropping of katic boggles the mind.

We start every game at a snail's pace. The opposition lap it up and get a chance to find their feet.

No wonder Livingston are so high up the table. Play to the strengths of their shitty pitch. Nothing on the deck and win everything in the air.

Not an excuse, we should be beating Livington on tarmac.

If it wasn't for the Europa league Gerrard would be away, that's the cold reality of it.

If the players can only get up for big occasions then maybe they should look to join another club, in Scotland there are very few big games so you need to be 100% focused on this type of match and of course wen we played them in our big game nobody showed up there either!

Celtic have had a terrible start which has papered over the cracks for us, but we have plenty chances to take a step forward and have instead taken a step back, we should have been climbing this table easily but another 3 points thrown away.

I doubt we will be with in 15 points of first place at this rate.

Disgraceful stuff.
Dead right mate.
Disgraceful stuff.
Your post is absolutely disgraceful.

3 away games and never competed in any of them .the honeymoon is certainly over now.Not one of those players wanted it enough and that's the truth of it.nothing to do with pitches or referees.This was a rerun of the game at Motherwell and the midden.Second to every ball ,frightened to put their head in for a ball at both ends of the park,and quite frankly,prepared to accept defeat as long as they didn't get hurt.

This type of sh1t post really sickens me.
We’re be lucky to be second?
They were part time not so long ago?
(As if what they were has any real importance.)
Other Rangers teams could do it?
The shine has dulled?
Yes, be pissed off, I am as well, but let’s give ourselves a chance here.

It is how i see it, we are not good enough yet. No excuses mate.

Second time this season where a very physical team has been able to bully us and stop us playing our natural game. We need to learn how to grind out these sort of games. It seems we either drop points or win by 4 or 5 goals just now

I note that others have also thought that was a "Warburton-esque" performance from us today.

A few other things stood out for me, amidst what's already been posted:
We really did miss Kent.

Our subs bench had three players who we've used as left-wingers, any one of which should have started.

There was a point, about fifteen minutes from time when we were trying to get forwards, when we had THREE of our players actually standing on the left touchline, waiting for the fourth player (in possession, in the far left of their half) to pass to them.

imo we have a tendency to try to use the wings too much sometimes, especially against a side that isn't having problems against our crosses.
In fact, I'm truly surprised that we didn't have more of our players trying to run through the middle.
I think we'd have got more joy, even with that ref, with the free kicks we would have finally earned.

As others state, we don't shoot enough from distance.

The other obvious issues of how we should be playing Katic, Halliday, and the factor that maybe it should be either Lafferty OR Morelos at the front.

I also wondered if the penalty claims had been against us, at least one of them would have been given.

One of those games it could be said.
Shame it had to be against a pretty duff team whose shirt is emblazoned with "Tony Macaroni".

Last edited:
It was poor. But your post is disgraceful.

So we played celtic off the park? Have we have taken every opportunity? Celtic drop points and we have held on to go to 6th, outstanding, failing to beat livi, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Celtic .

Yeah let's just keep screaming lets go and hope it works itself out.

Your post is like all your others, utter tripe.

Don’t be so stupid.
That, today was worse than the last two games against them last season?
Ridiculous.

We were playing fucking Livingston.

The Celtic team has won consecutive trebles.

Today that mob could have won 4 or 5 we were that bad. Not one player has a decent game, everyone one of them was awful.
That is as bad a performance as any of those under Ally, it was that bad.

So we played celtic off the park? Have we have taken every opportunity? Celtic drop points and we have held on to go to 6th, outstanding, failing to beat livi, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Celtic .

Yeah let's just keep screaming lets go and hope it works itself out.

Your post is like all your others, utter tripe.
You know your post was a disgrace.
The sort of hysterical nonsense that erupts from immaturity.

6th in the league 8 points behind the leaders after 7 games it's not looking too promising,We have another 5 games in Europe which will be financially beneficial but very unhelpful with regards to our domestic ambitions it's going to be a long hard season I just hope we will have something to show for it at the end.

10 points dropped, no away wins, embarrassing performances, 6th in the league, behind the mhanks and a mile behind the leaders.

All aboard the Stevie G express.

We will not win the league this season, anyone who seriously thinks we will, knows the square root of f.uckall about football.

We will fight it out for 2nd/3rd as usual.

As hard to take as this is its the bare truth.

I think there is a huge overreaction from some...Livingston are no mugs, drawing at Tynecastle this season is no mean achievement, their intensity and intimacy with the surface did for us today...We score from one of the defence splitting passes before they score and it’s a different game.

I do think the central defensive tinkering is having a detrimental effect and given the fact that we are a scratch team assembled rapidly perhaps that is one area in which the manager should institute continuity. Livingston will take plenty more top 6 scalps on that surface if they display the same level of intensity.

Well that was a dreadful match today -
The pitch was a disgrace
The ref was a sneaky scumbag who managed to give us nothing on the few occasions we deserved it
The players didn't turn up - this is the most damning of all. How collectively they all had a bad day is beyond belief; even if two or three outfield players had performed we might have stood a chance of a point.

However despite the pervading doom and gloom it's not back to the drawing board. We do have a decent quality squad who have to concentrate on performing in each and every game and put the praise they have received up to now on one side. Praise can evaporate incredibly quickly and has to be repeatedly earned. The unpleasant effect of today will be the gloating and laughing from all who wish us nothing but the worst. We need to stick it back in their throats.

We were playing fucking Livingston.

The Celtic team has won consecutive trebles.

Today that mob could have won 4 or 5 we were that bad. Not one player has a decent game, everyone one of them was awful.
That is as bad a performance as any of those under Ally, it was that bad.
Livingston could have won by four or five?
Absolute nonsense.
By the way, save me the comparisons with McCoist’s teams and performances
The difference, incase I need to explain it, is that, under McCoist, we didn’t have a couple of decent, or very good, performances just before the regular abomination.
Nothing like that era, nothing.

Exactly
Where do you even start with that?

We could have played another 90 minutes and not scored today. No options from the bench to freshen the midfield, we desperately needed someone like Dorrans coming on to change it up but the options just weren't on the bench to do that.

It's a good thing the bheasts have had such a horrible start or it'd be game over as far as the league is concerned.[/QUOTE Exactly with the bheasts infighting and we don’t take advantage of the situation shocking absolutely shocking

This is why I avoid this place like the plague after a bad result.

You're a fucking moron if you genuinely believe that shite you just typed.

I'll quite happily take the ban for telling you that if need be. Idiot.

I apologise, 6th place is brilliant, Livingston are a class side , it was expected blah blah blah...I would call you worse but I tend to be a real man and not a key board warrior so it's cool , say what you like.

Failing to beat Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livi getting played off the park by the scum, which could have EASILY been 5-0 again if shagger wasn't on point and they hadn't hit the bar so many times is not acceptable.

We are in 6th place and it's entirely fair to point out that we should be doing more with what we have.

When we play Maribor or Osijek we look incredible, play Livingston and look how bad it is, let's all pretend it never happened and act like it's all cool, if this was Pedro you would be saying the same?

You know your post was a disgrace.
The sort of hysterical nonsense that erupts from immaturity.

Nothing hysterical about it, if I was to make a comment about another posters opinion I would offer a reason as to why, you just call it disgraceful and then leave it at that.

I think there is a huge overreaction from some...Livingston are no mugs, drawing at Tynecastle this season is no mean achievement, their intensity and intimacy with the surface did for us today...We score from one of the defence splitting passes before they score and it’s a different game.

I do think the central defensive tinkering is having a detrimental effect and given the fact that we are a scratch team assembled rapidly perhaps that is one area in which the manager should institute continuity. Livingston will take plenty more top 6 scalps on that surface if they display the same level of intensity.
far too sensible!

he wasn't any more shocking than any of the others, today we were pish, too many players played pish, some werent up for the fight. Worrall was no worse than any of the rest.
Yrangers
Where’s this information coming from? How do you know what their loan terms are?
I don't have any information but why would Worrall play before katic when katic is head and shoulders above him . Think it is common knowledge with the lads from Liverpool they have to play x amount of games

I apologise, 6th place is brilliant, Livingston are a class side , it was expected blah blah blah...I would call you worse but I tend to be a real man and not a key board warrior so it's cool , say what you like.

Failing to beat Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livi getting played off the park by the scum, which could have EASILY been 5-0 again if shagger wasn't on point and they hadn't hit the bar so many times is not acceptable.

We are in 6th place and it's entirely fair to point out that we should be doing more with what we have.

When we play Maribor or Osijek we look incredible, play Livingston and look how bad it is, let's all pretend it never happened and act like it's all cool, if this was Pedro you would be saying the same?

All of that is just long winded weasel words ignoring that you're the cretin who posted:
broxi87 said:
If it wasn't for the Europa league Gerrard would be away, that's the cold reality of it.

You should be embarrassed for having hit out with that.

What an absolute dick you look.

Nothing hysterical about it, if I was to make a comment about another posters opinion I would offer a reason as to why, you just call it disgraceful and then leave it at that.
I called it correctly.
I hope someone quotes it back to you at the end of the season.

If the players can only get up for big occasions then maybe they should look to join another club, in Scotland there are very few big games so you need to be 100% focused on this type of match and of course wen we played them in our big game nobody showed up there either!

Celtic have had a terrible start which has papered over the cracks for us, but we have plenty chances to take a step forward and have instead taken a step back, we should have been climbing this table easily but another 3 points thrown away.

I doubt we will be with in 15 points of first place at this rate.

Disgraceful stuff.
Gerrard wouldn’t be away so it’s nothing like reality.

Back