Livingston's pitch - At what point do the clubs get together and complain ?

SDF

Dk5DUPOX4AAtQeb.jpg:large

Don't fancy our players on that surface by the way. That's a cruciate waiting to happen

25% of the pitches in the top flight are not grass now. Other than those clubs finding themselves relegated and replaced by teams who do play on grass its not going to change anytime soon.

keevens says they should be banned, remember when we complained about it and he said just get on with it?

Clearly it's a money issue but it's unacceptable to have pitches like this in the top flight (particularly one that's as bad as this).

Would it be possible to have some sort of league fund, contributed to by all clubs perhaps in relation to turnover, that essentially covers the cost of upkeep etc on a grass park. That way everyone is contributing across the league but everyone is also benefitting. I know we perhaps don't like the idea of subsidising other teams, but we would benefit as we won't have to play on substandard pitches and it also reduces the risk of injury to our players (from the pitch anyway)

Clearly it's a money issue but it's unacceptable to have pitches like this in the top flight (particularly one that's as bad as this).

Would it be possible to have some sort of league fund, contributed to by all clubs perhaps in relation to turnover, that essentially covers the cost of upkeep etc on a grass park. That way everyone is contributing across the league but everyone is also benefitting. I know we perhaps don't like the idea of subsidising other teams, but we would benefit as we won't have to play on substandard pitches and it also reduces the risk of injury to our players (from the pitch anyway)

A pitch fund which each club contributes too.
Clubs in close proximity of each other could share equipment . Lighting etc

Apparently they had an excelent grass pitch which makes the plastic crap one they now have all the more perplexing

To answer your question OP ...as soon as the tims drop any points i’m sure Liewell will whip them in line.
Let's hope it's soon. The parks are a fecking embarrassment in top flight football.

That are potentially carcinogenic

Said it last week but when wet those pellets are a nightmare, you kick the ball they go flying everywhere and just a matter of time before its in someone's eyes which happened to couple of youth players I used to coach.

Chocco123 says is great and all players like it.

Seriously he did, wish I could find the thread.

You can only hope that the new tv deal will see all top league clubs be able afford to keep a grass pitch

Accies might even put a stand behind the goal

I’ve heard that Flanagan can’t play on plastic pitches either so if that’s true then he’ll be out of Killie, Livi and Hamilton away. Hope it’s not true but it’s what I’ve been told.

This is embarrassing. Livi and Killie giving us a red neck in front of Steven Gerrard. Imagine him as a Liverpool player playing away on a plastic pitch...

Don’t like them but at the same time all clubs train on them from time to time so don’t see the real problem. Unfortunately when you get a pittance in tv money and gate money your going to go down this route

Back