Loan players that were going to be superstars

Zelalem did his knee ligaments not long after leaving us , hard to blame the wee man of his career stalled

Jon Toral seems to have found his feet with Hull

Hyndmann is getting touted to Hibs to that poor wee guy must have gone astray

We all got carried away with Nathan Oduwa’s flicks and tricks but those early MW days were a heady time

As for Dalcio he got put in a medieval wrack , streched and sent back under a new name , Umar something

Hyndman is getting touted to Hibs?

I'm sure he's already there mate :D

The amount of people around me at Ibrox (including mates and family) that kept saying Lee Martin was the next Beckham was an eye opener. A guy who went on to exclusively bounce around the Championship, League 1 and League 2

There was some kid from Spain that we’d arranged to get on loan before he did well in a youth World Cup so the parent team decided to see if he could break into their team. Anyone know how he turned out? Messi was the name...

Guillem Balague rubbished this.

It was Iniesta, not Messi. We enquired about both at different times. Jan Wouters spoke to Henk ten Cate and they said 'Iniesta needed some first team action', by the following week they Barca staff debated on him and promoted him to the first team.

When we enquired about Messi, they laughed and said 'No chance.'

I actually thought Zelalem was a good player, imo Warburton subbing him in the cup final was the main reason we went on to lose.

Back