Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

SDF

Always one? You’re kidding yourself if you think Alfie has been a model professional. Granted the refs give him a tougher time than anyone in the league but he has defo done things to make himself a target for the knuckle draggers.
So where was Leckie's column condeming Ryan Porteous for not one, not two, not three but FOUR assaults on our players in the past 12 months including two where he went in to deliberately hurt his opponent ?

Or the numerous other wild challenges that Porteous has put in ?

You seriously telling me that Alfie is out on his own as some sort of wild man of Scottish Football ?

Tell me what he does that is so different from others in this league and why he should be treated differently ?

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
I agree that a few celtic players get a pass on similar behaviour but i believe, maybe naively, that its because they are celtic players.

It feels like since we’ve

You make good points and I agree that there are many Celtic players (you missed out Lennon) that have got a free pass the past few years, many of which have acted worse than Morelos.

The thing eating away at Leckies soul right now is his da supported Celtic and SG is giving him something to worry about :). He may well be a racist too but I don’t think anything in the article suggests that.
It is naive.
Ryan Jack was sent off 4 times in his first 20 games for Rangers.
Yet Leckie didn't offer up anything like this.

So it can't just be because Alfie plays for Rangers.
If it was, then Jack would have had similar written about him.

So what is it that makes Morelos so different?

Southsideblueblood

Ffs if Rangers don't ban him then it's game over and open season. Article absolutely stinks to the high heaven. Rattling basturd.
They seem content to let club 1872 to do the heavy lifting. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this board has many plus points but management of PR and brand protection will never be one of them. The sun should be sine die till this guy is sacked and also the editor who allowed it to go to print.

True Blue

A drunken bitter fool of a man content to drip poison. Gutter journalism.
Shouldn't be allowed back within 5 miles of Ibrox

GallowgateBlue

They seem content to let club 1872 to do the heavy lifting. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this board has many plus points but management of PR and brand protection will never be one of them. The sun should be sine die till this guy is sacked and also the editor who allowed it to go to print.
I know we're used to the constant drivel of articles that seem to come out endlessly but that's a different level. Just a page of trying to discredit and abuse a proffesional football player. Ridiculous stuff. As someone said about Scotland being many cultures. Aye, but only if you're not associated with Rangers. Bigots and bitter cants the lot of them.

Tannhauser

That piece is actually up there with Graham Spiers’ diatribes from 2005-7.

Needs banned without delay. He can be a martyr if he wants.

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Othering is based on the conscious or unconscious assumption that a certain identified group poses a threat to the favoured group. It is largely driven by politicians and the media, as opposed to personal contact. Overwhelmingly, people don’t “know” those that they are Othering

cradletograve

So where was Leckie's column condeming Ryan Porteous for not one, not two, not three but FOUR assaults on our players in the past 12 months including two where he went in to deliberately hurt his opponent ?

You seriously telling me that Alfie is out on his own as some sort of wild man of Scottish Football ?

Tell me what he does that is so different from others in this league and why he should be treated differently ?
Funny you should say that. I go to Tesco every morning to buy fresh produce for my cafe. At the door is the newspaper rack. I always flip the papers over to read the back page headlines and am sure there was an article on Porteous saying he was a reformed character now, and was going to let his football do the talking. Quite a different editorial slant to the one taken with Buff.
Oh, and no, I never buy the rags.

Div1872

The demonisation of Alfie is very sinister

Alfie has been sent off and had numerous bookings in this backwater and he has not committed one bad foul or over the ball challenge unlike others in the league

All his cards have been for dissent or silly wee reactions. He’s never hurt an opponent yet but he’s public enemy number one

It’s a joke

MightyGersLand!

“With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.”

WOW this piece is the worst of the lot.
Not so sure.
He says something about a so called agenda or campaign against him, or something to that effect.
It's like someone telling your they are the most honest person alive while putting their hand into your trouser pocket, taking out your wallet and emptying it, before throwing whats left in the bin, all in front of your eyes.

the_ref

Official Ticketer
A drunken bitter fool of a man content to drip poison. Gutter journalism.
Shouldn't be allowed back within 5 miles of Ibrox
not enough to ban leckie. he can write his shite without ever setting foot in Ibrox. Full ban of the Sun and all associated journalist. Leckie/Editor sacked before they ever get press privileges again.

Does anyone know the best email address at Rangers to complain to about this? Think they really need to be made aware at the strength of feeling on this...

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

Scousers are known for a good bit of winding it up and gerrards played a blinder here.

Tell you what though, the clown who fell for it has been given some oxygen today, by Rangers fans. Wonder how many clicked on the link to have a go at him. You can call him for everything all you like, but he wont care, because he's the talking point for everyone today. I'd imagine he will have a thick skin anyway, because anyone in the public eye would need one these days.

If there had just been a few posts laughing at him for falling for gerrards wind up, then he would have been raging at his insignificance.

cradletograve

Insignificant Rangers hating piss poor hack who is employed by a left wing rag
The Sun? A left wing rag?
Are you serious?
It's owned by Rupert Murdoch. Google him and pop back if you still think that the Sun owner would allow his publication to even stray slightly left of centre.
You're mistaken there, bear.

Sweet & Salty

Are you telling me he never wrote articles on Porteous because he was white? I would have thought the most logical reason was that nobody cares to read about Ryan Porteous?

Alfie has definitely been targeted by refs but my point was he gives them ammo times. I don’t think theres any denying that.

Ponientebear

Are you telling me he never wrote articles on Porteous because he was white? I would have thought the most logical reason was that nobody cares to read about Ryan Porteous?

Alfie has definitely been targeted by refs but my point was he gives them ammo times. I don’t think theres any denying that.
He gives them ammo at times?
Do you actually watch Scottish football, if so do you just ignore the litany of incidents far more worthy of yellow and red cards that get completely ignored by officials and media alike.
Another fecking apologist.

Sweet & Salty

It is naive.
Ryan Jack was sent off 4 times in his first 20 games for Rangers.
Yet Leckie didn't offer up anything like this.

So it can't just be because Alfie plays for Rangers.
If it was, then Jack would have had similar written about him.

So what is it that makes Morelos so different?
Morelos is the best and most talked about footballer in Scotland. 28 goals in the first half of the season. Leading us in a title challenge. Prone to a moment of stupidity now and again on the park.

Jack was a bit part player in a Pedro Caxinha side that was bumbling along trying to finish second in the league.

Can you see the difference now?

Sweet & Salty

He gives them ammo at times?
Do you actually watch Scottish football, if so do you just ignore the litany of incidents far more worthy of yellow and red cards that get completely ignored by officials and media alike.
Another fecking apologist.
I have said Morelos gets treated more harshly by refs but just because he gets treated harsh doesn’t mean he doesn’t do stupid things.

The first yellow against Celtic is a prime example as it was never a yellow in my books but it was a needless off the ball foul. No need to do it was there? Also no need to dive when through on goal was there? So yes he gives them ammo.

cradletograve

Morelos is the best and most talked about footballer in Scotland. 28 goals in the first half of the season. Leading us in a title challenge. Prone to a moment of stupidity now and again on the park.

Jack was a bit part player in a Pedro Caxinha side that was bumbling along trying to finish second in the league.

Can you see the difference now?
You think that is the only difference?
Take the day off, bear.

Careca

They have tried to contain Alfie’s talent and transfer value in a convenient wee tartan box with words like waster, screwball, diver and cheat (and that’s just the good stuff.) Alfie is now being talked about by all and sundry outwith Scotland, despite the media and officials best efforts. Watch the red card calls, player cam slow mo’s and compliance officer ramp up after every away game as that strategy worked for them last season.

Contrast what can be done with a positive press outlook like Tierneys, where a reputation and transfer value was completely created by the Scottish media, Shining (seemingly,) for a few years against utter dross in the SPL while we were in the doldrums, he is now being found out as an average joe. Eduard, Christie and Ajer are currently on this transfer value offensive, last season it was McGregor, before that Armstrong, thumb and Rogic. It’s blatant.

They are getting desperate and throwing everything out there as they know Alfie can fire us to 55 and end the fake 10 in a row. A Scottish record transfer fee in the summer will also end all moon howling of the fabled admin 2. It will be beautiful.

Coopers left foot.

I have said Morelos gets treated more harshly by refs but just because he gets treated harsh doesn’t mean he doesn’t do stupid things.

The first yellow against Celtic is a prime example as it was never a yellow in my books but it was a needless off the ball foul. No need to do it was there? Also no need to dive when through on goal was there? So yes he gives them ammo.
Whilst you casually omit the red cards the yahoo's should have had in the game.

CarlukeBear

Know a man by the company he keeps, Leckie has said nothing about the biggest scandal in Scottish football, the organised child abuse at the Scumdome. Can only assume from that that he thinks there is nothing wrong with interfering with children?

steve1873

So he gets treated more harshly, but as a result of that he is just meant to accept it and not let that perhaps contribute to him boiling over on occasion?

Do you think it is acceptable that he is refereed to a different standard than other players?