Lopsided stadiums

18928414-%EC%9E%90%EA%B7%B8%EB%A0%88%EB%B8%8C-%ED%81%AC%EB%A1%9C%EC%95%84%ED%8B%B0%EC%95%84-5-%EC%9B%94-26-%EC%9D%BC-%EB%A7%89%EC%8B%9C-%EB%AF%B8%EB%A5%B4-%EA%B2%BD%EA%B8%B0%EC%9E%A5-2012%EB%85%84-5%EC%9B%94-26%EC%9D%BC%EC%97%90-%EB%94%94%EB%82%98%EB%AA%A8-%EC%B6%95%EA%B5%AC-%ED%81%B4%EB%9F%BD%EC%97%90-%EB%8C%80%ED%95%9C-%EA%B3%B5%EC%8B%9D-%ED%95%84%EB%93%9C-%EC%9E%90%EA%B7%B8%EB%A0%88%EB%B8%8C-%ED%81%AC%EB%A1%9C%EC%95%84%ED%8B%B0%EC%95%84-%EA%B3%B5%EC%A4%91%EB%B3%B4%EA%B8%B0%EB%A5%BC-%ED%97%AC%EB%A6%AC%EC%BD%A5%ED%84%B0-.jpg

Maksimir stadium in Zagreb.
I’ve been in this and it’s a very strange experience to watch a game in,

Not only is The Theatre of Screams a lopsided stadium, the main stand saggs into a slope on one side. The place must be rusting away from all those tears shed in that place the last 40 years.

Raith Rovers stadium Starks park is a very strange layout with half a main stand along the sideline, one small stand that doesn’t get used on the other sideline and stands behind the goals that dwarf the others. They didn’t really have much choice due to a trainline and a main road but it’s a odd and pretty honking stadium.

I like it.

Oozes character and is a man far away from an identikit modern stadium as you can get

Just need to get the stand running the full side of the pitch open if they make it to the Prem, that n get rid of the the plastic pitch

I think that was something to do with planning permission height restrictions at that end.

pity it wasn’t a cemetery there, they could have just overhung it.
I was down at the NI v Scotland game a few years ago and one of the security guys said it was to allow natural light into the houses behind that end of the ground.

That’s got to be a great trivia question.
A stadium literally in two countries?
Except it’s not really true.

The Deva Stadium, home to Chester FC (formerly Chester City) is entirely in Wales. The England/Wales border runs behind the East Stand.

It’s close, and the address of the office at the stadium entrance is in England, but the whole of the ground, including the pitch and all the seating, is in Wales.

Who's the club that has the train line that runs down one side of it?
starks park has a train line alongside one side of the ground(as gazza discovered when waiting to take a corner one day up there), old trafford also has the manchester/liverpool train line running behind its main stand,and this has prevented any thought of expansion on this one remaining side of their ground

starks park has a train line alongside one side of the ground(as gazza discovered when waiting to take a corner one day up there), old trafford also has the manchester/liverpool train line running behind its main stand,and this has prevented any thought of expansion on this one remaining side of their ground
This is a ground where the train line is literally a couple of yards away from the touchline, sure they have to stop the game when a train comes. Obviously it's not a senior club ground.
Even stranger there's a senior cricket ground in England that has a great big bloody tree in the middle of it.

The Russia 2018 World Cup Ekaterinburg stadium for FC Ural where they built a scaffold stand extending outside the ground. I wouldn’t have fancied doing the bouncy on it!

Station Park - Forfar

One stand has an industrial unit attached to it. One of the the stands behind the goals seems to be used for storing farm machinery and the links. Never been in, but it basically looked like a farmers yard when I went to see it.

Except it’s not really true.

The Deva Stadium, home to Chester FC (formerly Chester City) is entirely in Wales. The England/Wales border runs behind the East Stand.

It’s close, and the address of the office at the stadium entrance is in England, but the whole of the ground, including the pitch and all the seating, is in Wales.
So if you live in Chester (England) and go to the game (Wales), which country’s COVID rules do you have to abide by?

No longer the case, but I assume Falkirk can’t afford to build a fourth stand, and it’s hardly a priority when they can’t fill the 8,000 seats they have.
Yup, but it was the original issue and FFC now find themselves languishing in league 1, a 4th stand would serve no purpose other than if they got a cup tie against an Edinburgh or Glasgow SPFL team.

The one in Dublin, three normal stands and a wee tiny one behind the goal.

aviva_stadium39.jpg

Yes, there is a housing estate directly behind the small stand. They complained that it would stop sunlight so the council had to improvise.

I sat in it once watching a Liverpool friendly and counted 17rows lol.

Yup, but it was the original issue and FFC now find themselves languishing in league 1, a 4th stand would serve no purpose other than if they got a cup tie against an Edinburgh or Glasgow SPFL team.
Yeah, and it was daft, since the spectators seated in the other stands would have likely been blasted to kingdom come either way.

The capacity dilemma is the same for pretty much every Scottish club outside the cities. Even the likes of Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Motherwell don’t fill their grounds unless they’re playing Rangers or Celtic.

Seem to remember that Bramall Lane (Sheffield United) used to have only 3 Stands with an actual cricket pitch on the fourth side.

Cannae get more Lopsided than Dens Park where the pitch

Villa Park has theirs about 3/4 the way up the pitch which pisses me off. Same with the old Wembley when it was behind the goal.

And don’t get me started on that rancid horror show in Dublin. The Irish Government should have told the locals to ram it, we’re building a proper stadium, not one with a pishy annoying stand.
Are you referring to the one with huge stands along the length and then pathetic bus shelters at either end? Rows A through C only!

Thistle’s is a mess as they got shatter by the council and SPL.

They demolished the terracing behind the goal at the city centre end, hoping to build a similar stand to the one at the other end (with student housing tagged on). This was to comply with SPL 10,000 seat rules.

Council rejected plans after the terracing had been removed. And now the all seater rule has been removed too. They could have kept the terracing.

No longer the case, but I assume Falkirk can’t afford to build a fourth stand, and it’s hardly a priority when they can’t fill the 8,000 seats they have.
IIRC the 3rd stand was paid for by a supporter who was fed up having to move seat every time they played us or the yahoos.

Back