Lost my dad today

Just want to add my condolences and sympathies. My mum was probably more Rangers than dad but, it was dad who took me to see the Rangers. Although his preference probably lied elsewhere (not them) he took his boy to see the team he had chosen.

My deepest condolences brother. You're very lucky to have a special man in your life to lead to you where you are now, in years to comes im sure you'll understand the greatness which your father had upon your life.

Rest Easy x

The man who gave me the Rangers bug from a very young age, I've been going to Ibrox for 50 years and it's all down to my dad taking myself and my brother to Ibrox in the early 70's .
RIP, my dad gave me The Rangers.

Sorry for your trouble, your dad gave you an immense gift.

Despite what you may be thinking right now, time is a healer and you know you'll never ever forget him.

Your memories over the coming weeks and months might make you sad, but as time goes by, you'll remember him and smile thinking of the good and great times.

Condolences mate, to you and all your family at such a difficult time. Keep strong, the many happy memories and time spent with your Dad since you were 'that young boy' will help you through the difficult times ahead and will be a great comfort in the years to come.

I lost my Dad 36 years ago and still miss him, the hurt and pain does go, but the many happy memories we had as a family, they're with me for keeps.

Deepest condolences JRei23.
It’s never easy. The pain takes a long time to subside, but the memories last forever.

The man who gave me the Rangers bug from a very young age, I've been going to Ibrox for 50 years and it's all down to my dad taking myself and my brother to Ibrox in the early 70's .
Condolences pal.
Was in the same boat in January and I could have posted what you posted word for word.
Give him a send off he deserves and would he be proud of.

Sorry for your loss buddy,went through the same when my father passed away 2021,he also took me to Ibrox in the 70,s and for that I,ll be ever gratefull.Stick Paisley road west song on and remember the good times,the words say it all,stay strong.

Sorry for your loss.
Cherish the good times you had, whether that's playing football out the backdoor with you or taking trips to the seaside. The best of times actually (for me it sure was).

I think we come to realise that as much as we love The Gers and are completely invested in what happens around our successes and losses the most valuable part might just be that we share in it and sort of live it with family and/or friends and so when the time comes when they have moved on to more beautiful pastures we find ourselves still sort of carrying them there with us and still sharing it. My brother for example (he doesn’t know I notice this!) always kisses what was my Dad’s wedding ring that he now wears, at crucial moments in matches - maybe when we’re about to take a penalty or have a great free kick chance. So in that way he’s thinking about and still sharing it with my Dad.
God bless and keep you Sir. I’m so sorry for your loss but fully believe that it’s only for a time and there is hope for an eternity together again through Jesus.

Condolences mate, I’m currently sat by my dads bedside after being called into the hospital for his last moments, he’s fighting like a bugger and gone 48 hours past what they would have expected so-far.

Condolences mate, I’m currently sat by my dads bedside after being called into the hospital for his last moments, he’s fighting like a bugger and gone 48 hours past what they would have expected so-far.
Sorry to hear this too pal. He'll be glad you're there.

My condolences - I experienced the same loss last month. Dad first took myself and my brother in 1974 - a 3.0 win against Arbroath. His last game was Midtylland in 2019 which was my son's first. Stay strong brother.

Sorry to hear that. I know how difficult this is. Sorry for your loss and for me, time made things slightly easier for me to deal with.

Lost both my parents by 38, also a niece aged 21 to cancer. Not a day passes I don't think of them all.
Sorry for your loss mate but time will heal the aching heart..even if it doesn't feel like that right now.
You'll be left with the great memories ❤

A horrible time for yourself and your family.

Although, the fact that have you so many wonderful memories with your auld man is an example of how lucky you were to have a top dad.

RIP to your father

Sorry for your loss. He’s now passed the baton to you. My dad used to say it’s like a relay race and we all meet up at the end. Lost him thirty six years ago but think of him everyday. He first took me to Ibrox in 1964.

Sorry for your lost OP. Lost my dad nearly 7 years ago. Thoughts are with you and the family.

Hopefully we get 56 this year!

Back