Lowry

I see the animal who made the tackle is now claiming death threats have been made although in reality it appears to be one tweet from someone saying they hoped he died, not death threats at all.

They are also turning this into smashed windows and abuse although none of this is happened, they are just piling it on to try and get the wee shite some sympathy.

The Dumbarton manager is now also trying to imply that Lowry caused the injury himself by jumping in the air and landing badly. Both of them trying to make out the tackle is OK because these tackles happen all of the time in Scottish football. Low-life scum.
Was only a matter of time until the piece of shit became the victim

Surely 2 days after refs report?
If no action is taken against the thug Rangers really have to issue a statement.
From the Judicial Panel Protocol for Fast-Track proceedings:

A Fast Track Notice of Complaint and all of the evidence and written submissions relied upon by the Compliance Officer to prove that Fast Track Notice of Complaint must, except as approved by a Tribunal, be delivered to the Alleged Party in Breach by no later than 3pm on the 2nd Working Day following the day of the match to which the Fast Track Notice of Complaint relates.

From the Judicial Panel Protocol for Fast-Track proceedings:

A Fast Track Notice of Complaint and all of the evidence and written submissions relied upon by the Compliance Officer to prove that Fast Track Notice of Complaint must, except as approved by a Tribunal, be delivered to the Alleged Party in Breach by no later than 3pm on the 2nd Working Day following the day of the match to which the Fast Track Notice of Complaint relates.
Disgusting decision by CO. What's the phuckin point

He’s the best young player I’ve seen at Rangers since Durrant.

It would be beyond criminal for his career to be potentially ruined before it’s properly started because of an absolutely criminal tackle at the end of a game in which the perpetrator of the tackle’s team trailed 7-0 in a meaningless cup game.

I’m not seeing any hint of an apology from player, club or manager. Disgraceful behaviour - even Celtic wouldn’t stoop this low
Worse still, they are making excuses for him and saying it was the way lowry fell

Hope young Lowry has no lasting damage and that our club become more vocal and take as much action as possible to reprimand and minimise such incidents.

Sick of hatchet men aided by corrupt refs.

We should pull out of Dumbarton but we won't.My pals a Dumbarton supporter-apparently without us last year they would really have struggled-our ground staff kept their ground, we bought them new floodlights an I assume we also give them some kind of rent for the B games

Missed pre season due to injury then on the end of a disgusting assault on the football pitch.

Hopefully some good news for the lad.

I would have hoped Rangers would have published an update on the lad by now.

I think he's an outstanding prospect, and was so looking forward to seeing him get a run in the first team.

The Record is reporting that the Compliance Officer will take no action. This is completely unacceptable.

There is absolutely no way the SFA would have reacted similarly had a young Celtic player’s career been put at jeopardy by a thug masquerading as a footballer.

The club surely now has to make a statement highlighting the grotesque double standards involved in decisions supposedly taken by the Compliance Officer.

However, has the CO really been acting alone or has he/she been regularly instructed from above?

Moreover, the response from Dumbarton has been completely unsatisfactory and Rangers have to ditch the arrangement with that club.

Saying …..
Explained in post above.

The CO has consistently taken retrospective action against Rangers players for much less serious infractions. (Rarely against Celtic players, right enough.)

As it stands the outcome here is that the Dumbarton player only received a yellow card.

If we don’t speak out against this farce we’ll look terribly weak and spineless.

Rather than all this cancel our venue contract with Dumbarton, there is a contract to consider, also don’t think you can just move your home games on a whim so the League likely wouldn’t allow it, we have ST holders for the B team and some (not all) will have purchased them on the basis that Dumbarton is accessible.

Why don’t we just hope for a speedy recovery

Explained in post above.

The CO has consistently taken retrospective action against Rangers players for much less serious infractions. (Rarely against Celtic players, right enough.)

As it stands the outcome here is that the Dumbarton player only received a yellow card.

If we don’t speak out against this farce we’ll look terribly weak and spineless.
So nothing actually about the boy being injured?
Just for the club to save face and not be spineless

The Record is reporting that the Compliance Officer will take no action. This is completely unacceptable.
This is Scotland.

I suspect something similar will happen with the Officials this weekend. Everybody saw and knows the abysmal performance they gave last weekend which, while not costing us the game, certainly ruined it as a Sporting Contest.

Youd think going into the next game and beyond people would sharpen their mind and eyes to prevent a reoccurrence but the mentality will be 'I better not give Rangers much otherwise Ill be seen a favouring them after what happened'.

This is Scotland.

In terms of Lowry I see this as an escalation over many games and seasons where Rangers players are almost being offered a square-go by opponents, usually under cowardly angles/timing, and it was inevitable eventually someone was going to get really hurt.

I do hope Lowry isnt too bad but it was bad enough.

Will anything change?

This...

I hope that the next time i have i have a look in this thread the club have issued a statement saying its heavy bruising and he will be fit soon, Lowry is a special player and i look forward to him shining as a Rangers player.

If by more good chances you mean does all the hard work then passes the ball to the opposition you might be right.

I’m gutted for Lowry, he 100% is good enough to be a regular in the first team. Hopefully the injury isn’t too bad

I think Lowry is still a fair bit away from being a 1st team regular mate tbh.

He's got Tillman, Lawrence and Arfield all ahead of him in his favoured position and I don't think anyone seriously puts him ahead of any of them.

However, there's no doubting He's a young player with massive potential and this time next season he could well be much closer to being a 1st team regular.
There's no need to rush him though, as it's probably the strongest area in our team.

Hopefully his injury isn't too serious and it's not too long a rehab for him.

I think Lowry is still a fair bit away from being a 1st team regular mate tbh.

He's got Tillman, Lawrence and Arfield all ahead of him in his favoured position and I don't think anyone seriously puts him ahead of any of them.

However, there's no doubting He's a young player with massive potential and this time next season he could well be much closer to being a 1st team regular.
There's no need to rush him though, as it's probably the strongest area in our team.

Hopefully his injury isn't too serious and it's not too long a rehab for him.
Should say first team squad regular more than starting every week. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be getting regular minutes off the bench, particularly at Ibrox, with the five subs rule. I’m a huge fan, his eye for a pass is excellent but he does have work to do and can be a bit passive off the ball for my liking but that can come.

But I do agree from the start those three are ahead of him. I think at times he could play off the right too and drift inside and let Tav overlap. And I’d have him ahead of Scott Wright any day

He’s the best young player I’ve seen at Rangers since Durrant.

It would be beyond criminal for his career to be potentially ruined before it’s properly started because of an absolutely criminal tackle at the end of a game in which the perpetrator of the tackle’s team trailed 7-0 in a meaningless cup game.

I’m not seeing any hint of an apology from player, club or manager. Disgraceful behaviour - even Celtic wouldn’t stoop this low
Have you been stranded on a desert island for the past 50 years.

Should say first team squad regular more than starting every week. There’s no reason he shouldn’t be getting regular minutes off the bench, particularly at Ibrox, with the five subs rule. I’m a huge fan, his eye for a pass is excellent but he does have work to do and can be a bit passive off the ball for my liking but that can come.

But I do agree from the start those three are ahead of him. I think at times he could play off the right too and drift inside and let Tav overlap. And I’d have him ahead of Scott Wright any day

Agreed mate.

Didn't the CO announce a Ross County player was cited for a tackle that got a yellow card but he should have been sent off?
Incredible the Dumbarton player not getting the same judgement.

Only possible reasons not do do this are either:

Tackle was on a Rangers player
Tackle not shown and discussed on Sportscene
Both the above

Didn't the CO announce a Ross County player was cited for a tackle that got a yellow card but he should have been sent off?
Incredible the Dumbarton player not getting the same judgement.

Only possible reasons not do do this are either:

Tackle was on a Rangers player
Tackle not shown and discussed on Sportscene
Both the above
I don’t get how people can still think it’s incredible surely decisions over the years it’s clear as day what’s going on

Hope young Lowry has no lasting damage and that our club become more vocal and take as much action as possible to reprimand and minimise such incidents.

Sick of hatchet men aided by corrupt refs.
They will sit and say fcuk all as usual I would imagine.

This decision by the CO/SFA, gives the nod to our opponents that brutality directed towards Rangers players is pretty much acceptable.

This decision by the CO/SFA, gives the nod to our opponents that brutality directed towards Rangers players is pretty much acceptable.
We should have been making as big a deal of this as we justifiably could, but sh1t it yet again, surprised some gers pundits never said anything , a disgusting assault which should have got him a 5 match ban

Back