Lundstram red card.

"Lunny" is a "good lad" who's well liked by the Manager and players, and other than that I can see no justification or reason for him playing.

He's been rubbish for ages and clearly called it in, had a purple patch before that playing for a new deal. And other than that and the purple patch with the excitement of the Europa run, he's been rubbish on a whole and nowhere near worth his wage.

John Lundstram plays for John Lundstram.

Sooned he's gone the better.

I cant agree with the majority in this thread, if he wins that ball we would be lauding him. A fraction late, but i think a yellow was the right decision and no reason for var to get involved as no clear and obvious error.

I cant agree with the majority in this thread, if he wins that ball we would be lauding him. A fraction late, but i think a yellow was the right decision and no reason for var to get involved as no clear and obvious error.
It was a ridiculous challenge to go for and borne out of pure ego.

He’s a ball watcher - slow response time while other players around him are taking advantage - midfielders need to be constantly scanning - I’m sick of him tbh

It was shall we say uncharacteristic for him to make that challenge - he normally doesn’t get anywhere near the opposition

Too slow and has been for years. He’s a passenger in key games. I’m sure he’d. It be getting a game if we had Sima & Cortes fit. Sterling in there would make a huge difference.

Thanks for the Euro run, and he's been one of our better players this season, but -and I absolutely fucking loathe saying this - sadly they have bog-eyed McGregor running their midfield with composure and we have Lundstram failing to track runners and smashing people with stids showing when it doesn't. And that has made all the difference today.

Let O’Riley drift away from him for the first, scored their second and sent off for a ludicrous tackle, he’s finished for me, it has to be Raskin, Diamonde and Sterling

Miller called it right on commentary. You can't judge a decision based on a still image. At full speed it was a 50/50.

I wouldn't have even given a yellow card, but most people are fannies these days and think any touch means a 13st bloke should fall to the floor
Nothing to do with the rules then? He flew into the tackle and had both feet of the ground. It's a straight red.

It was a red, but it's the type of tackle in Scotland that is given as a yellow the majority of the time
In saying that, hopefully it's the last time we see Lundstram plodding around the midfield in an OF game.

Didn’t like him from day one he did have a good period for a while that to many of us lived off am glad it’s the end for him

It wasn’t just the jerseys he sold, it was the title itself.

We’d just given ourselves a lifeline, thrown a little bit of doubt into their tiny minds. We needed composure and cool heads, instead Lundstram goes flying in like it’s the 1970s and with that the uphill battle became a mountain.

Despite his words for the public, is the manager privately raging?

I highly doubt it. He’ll be back for the final so he can say goodbye to the fans and pick up another medal.

The likelihood of it being of the winners variety will be distinctly less through his inclusion though.

An absolute joke the way he’s phoned it in since he found out he won’t be here next season.

Equally as bad as us letting another first team player run their contract down when we need all hands on deck.

Thanks for the memories John. Will never forget that goal in Seville. I’ll hopefully forget the absolute mediocrity asides from that.

Thanks John for the europa.league run to the final. But you need to go, NOW!!

So so disappointed he gave a Rangers hating referee the perfect opportunity to effectively extinguish our title hopes.

Same as the "penalty" any excuse and that referee was out to lord it over our club ,the same punishment of a red card not shown to serial fouler McGregor.

He’s been sitting far too deep for months for my liking, the OG happens all be it ye could’ve done better but the challenge for the red was unforgivable. Absolutely no need to go in there like that but I think he did it through frustration.
His time is up at Rangers.

The worst half of football from a Rangers player in an Old Firm since Ricksen. Utterly dreadful. To get yourself sent off like that in the biggest game of the season makes me so angry that i dont even have the words to verbalise it.
A seasoned pro? Turns up for 8 to 10 games a season. Thank the lord I won't see him between our centre halves next season. Sat out in the sun at half time and belinda Carlisle came on, I nearly smashed the radio.

He wanted to get sent off so he did. Absolutely intentional. Even if he hadn't seen red then he would have still made sure it happened. A disgrace to the shirt that he should never been seen in again.

That's a last minute challenge if you're a goal up to stop the play. Not 45 minutes ,15 yards from their goal line when we've just got back into it. It's collosal stupidity but entirely unsurprising.

Miller called it right on commentary. You can't judge a decision based on a still image. At full speed it was a 50/50.

I wouldn't have even given a yellow card, but most people are fannies these days and think any touch means a 13st bloke should fall to the floor
Miller was talking pish, it was a red card all day long. Would you have wanted to see a red if McGregor made the same challenge on Tav?

That's a last minute challenge if you're a goal up to stop the play. Not 45 minutes ,15 yards from their goal line when we've just got back into it. It's collosal stupidity but entirely unsurprising.
Knew exactly what he was doing. Not a player you'll see at Ibrox as a fan once he hangs up his boots although could be argued we've allowed that to happen already.

Back