Lundstram

hars69

We need to move on from him being the so called main man in midfield, when its going well for him he gets more forward, now that is usually in wee spells of 4/6 games, not happened much for us,. Thursday nights, when Clement came in etc.
But the majority of times he sits far too deep and plays too many passes going know where.
Last night Souttar should have chased him further up the park.
No new contract for me, fresh young blood in the midfield.

Last edited:
Really frustrating to see a senior player, who has shown he can command a match, not really show any fight when it matters.
But then the other senior players don't seem to have any bite either.

The current senior players are just too fragile minded for battle.

I would thank JL and allow him to move on.

I'd sell majority of squad including Butland who's fee could finance part of the rebuild.
I'd keep Sterling, Yilmaz, Diomande, Raskin, McCausland, Cortes and if we can get him Sima.
The rest can be sent on their way
Haven’t seen enough in Raskin to keep him if we could get a fee for him. Agree with all the rest of your points.

I’d keep Danilo too as I think there’s a player there if fit

If the club or Clement think offering Lundstram a new deal will wash with the support, they are sorely mistaken. JL has reverted to type: slow, cumbersome, negative, weak - all the opposites of what a commanding Rangers midfielder needs to be.

Get him moved on in the summer. He is NOT good enough.
The evidence is right there for anyone who thinks he should stay.

He was chasing shadows as Lawrence, Cantwell, Silva and Sima to an extent are are not very disciplined. When he was effective he had another ball winner beside him. In fact, it allows him to play further forward. Once you see him drop back and get the ball off the defence you know we're in trouble.

He may be tired, but Lundstram is getting slower with every passing game, so next season he’ll be worse - for me he’s played himself out of a new contract.

It’s time to move on from him being a key man in midfield, and let’s hear no more about him being a “leader” in the dressing room - I can see with my own eyes what he’s doing ON the pitch & it isn’t leadership.

If he gets a new contract I will be seriously worried about Clement’s judgement.

We are blaming Lundstram for the job Lawrence should have been doing last night. That guy is a total imposter. Both were woeful last night but Lawrence was supposed to be in more attacking situations and you would be excused if you thought he wasn’t even on the park.

It’s down to sheer ability with most of our players. They simply don’t have the skill , ability and know how to deliver. But with Lawrence it’s a lot to do with effort and not taking responsibility. He’s been terrible.

Lundstram a few months ago was outstanding, what's changed... rumour I heard, he's on £37k a week, board have offered £19k to stay, his reps told them not to bother with another derisory offer.

If true, coincides with his form dip, and no player is going to risk injury if they are looking to move on.

I think his performance levels improved this season under PC to try and secure a new contract. I can only assume he's been told he's not getting a new a deal or he's not been offered what he wants and he's reverted back to his usual self.

This is the same individual that has downed tools under our last two previous managers.

The sooner we see the back of him the better.

It looks to me that he has been made aware that his future lies elsewhere. He was playing at a high level and noone would have complained about an extension. Then suddenly, his form, attitude and effort fell off a cliff. That cannot be a coincidence.

I am in no doubt we can bring in better for the wage he commands.

Lundstram a few months ago was outstanding, what's changed... rumour I heard, he's on £37k a week, board have offered £19k to stay, his reps told them not to bother with another derisory offer.

If true, coincides with his form dip, and no player is going to risk injury if they are looking to move on.

Hope so. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I can’t stand him as a player, everything we don’t need, sideways and backwards, doesn’t drive the team forward, rarely get beyond the ball with runs into the box and rarely scores. Last weekend at Ross County was the worst at one stage he was taking the ball off Goldson and Souttar in our own half and then still passing it sideways. I’m beginning to doubt the manager with the lack of structure and style in the side and if he keeps the like of Lundstrum it will confirm my worst fears about him.

I would be giving Cole Mckinnon and Bailey Rice game time they couldn't be any worse. At least they would give 100% and playing for improved contracts at Rangers. We need to give our youngsters more game time than signing average Championship players who are only here for money.

I'd sell majority of squad including Butland who's fee could finance part of the rebuild.
I'd keep Sterling, Yilmaz, Diomande, Raskin, McCausland, Cortes and if we can get him Sima.
The rest can be sent on their way
I was looking at our squad on Transfermarkt and trying to gauge what might be able to be done in one window (or at least where I’d prioritise)

I think there will be a few relatively painful sales (Butland, Yilmaz) but that will generate decent funds. Pains me to say I don’t think we are in a position to spend a chunk of that on Sima as too many positions need upgrading

Looking at a spine, it might end up with new Gk, new CB, Souttar (being realistic), diomande, Raskin (who I still think might go but would rather use now than Lundstram)/Sterling, Cantwell and Danilo. That before we address width (which we have none), depth and our homegrown numbers for Europe

There are others far more culpable for our problems than Lundstram

There actually isn't. He is the number 1 problem with this team.

He dictates the way we play and when he's not interested like the last few games it wrecks the entire team.

He has the most touches of the ball in the team but it's all at walking pace and negative backwards or sidewys pish or a long ball.

Anybody who doesn't see that as the no1 issue doesn't actually know what they are watching.

Had a purple patch in our European run, as it was new, fresh and exciting, been playing of late for a new contract so been all in trying to win a better deal, contract talks stall and he's taken the foot completely off the gas.

Not at all the mentality I want at this club, and has been poor other than those two spells his entire time here. He shows up when it suits him.

Let him go.

There actually isn't. He is the number 1 problem with this team.

He dictates the way we play and when he's not interested like the last few games it wrecks the entire team.

He has the most touches of the ball in the team but it's all at walking pace and negative backwards or sidewys pish or a long ball.

Anybody who doesn't see that as the no1 issue doesn't actually know what they are watching.
Absolute nonsense

He’s out on his feet. He’s been a one man midfield all season and looks shattered. He’s given his all and Clement needs to shoulder some of the blame for not resting him.

He’s an easy target for some when there are far worse culprits in the team.

He's another player who has thrown in the towel as soon as the pressure was on. Where is the fight from him and don't get me started on his lack of urgency when we are struggling.

He’s out on his feet. He’s been a one man midfield all season and looks shattered. He’s given his all and Clement needs to shoulder some of the blame for not resting him.

He’s an easy target for some when there are far worse culprits in the team.

Some of our fans, even with an abundance of evidence that shows Lundstrum has done this with 3 managers now, still want to defend these total weak as piss losers.

Back