Lyndon Dykes

It's all about opinions mate. We must see the game different. I see a big useless chap who offers very little. I don't think he would fit into our style of play
You are spot on he doesn’t fit into our style of play but we will come up against teams where our style of play is not working and we may need to try something else and I’d like the option to go more direct at times.

You are spot on he doesn’t fit into our style of play but we will come up against teams where our style of play is not working and we may need to try something else and I’d like the option to go more direct at times.

I agree that there's times when you have to change things but I think we could do better than him

I agree that there's times when you have to change things but I think we could do better than him
Your probably right on that as I said I’ve not seen enough of him to really judge properly. A third choice striker who will spend the majority of time on the bench should be a cheap option.

The only thing this big lump is good at is putting himself about. COs grove is a much better finisher for that type of player.
* I do not want us to sign either of them

But he bullied the £7million bargain and made him nervous.

Goldson and Helander had him in their pockets all game, he's a one dimensional CF who has no actual footballing brain that would allow him to mix his game up, pish.

Andy Little was saying on Clyde that he kept a tally second half of his personal battles with Helander. Result:

Dykes 1 - 11 Helander

Btw I know it's easy to gloat after dominating a game and Dykes mate be limited but, I'd rather praise our players, rather than ripping them. Like it or not the way Livi play is part and parcel of our game and it CAN catch you out. Hearts spoiled the game fairly easily at Tynecastle and we also struggled to get over the line at St Mirren. Today felt a lot different to those games though, the players were right up for it from the first whistle.

For someone who is about 6'4, he's a big diving bassa. Constantly on the deck or throwing his arms in the air looking for a foul.
Didn’t realize how big he was till he was standing next to Greegs at a corner!

Never thought we should sign him but he played very well 2 games on the spin against us and then did the business against that lot. Worth keeping an eye on and still young enough to improve.

We can't always have 3rd choice strikers as good as Morelos or JD.

Dykes is awful and will be lucky to reach the peak of career playing for Hearts or Rotherham or Barnsley
Not for us, we have gone way beyond the likes of him

Dykes symbolises the new breed of SPL diddy club striker. See also Curtis Mane, Bowman, Ikpeazu etc. Players who aren't very good at anything but because of lenient refereeing are able to make a career out of being physical and trying to hurt the opposition.

He was an embarrassment to watch today.
Spot on.
Not so long ago it was defenders , Darren Dodds , Gary Kenneth etc etc and people wonder what’s wrong with Scottish football.

He's a decent big striker.

English League 1 standard, maybe Championship at a stretch if he developes and consistently plays above himself.

That's it, really.

He didn't have a good game today looked short of fitness coming back from injury. I thought it was a bit strange using your main striker to take throws.

You could tell he was desperate to turn it into a physical battle, he wanted Goldson and Helander to start pushing and shoving and throwing him to the floor, instead we just ignored him and treated him like the poor player that he is.
Totally agree, after his revenge kick at Goldson, I remember thinking to myself, don’t get drawn in Goldson that’s exactly what he wants!!!

He never had a great game but he is a handful and Goldson and helander take a lot of credit for keeping him quiet today. I still think someone of dykes ilk would be a decent option for us to have.

His entire game relies on him being physical and putting himself about, i.e. being a thug. Works against the majority of Scottish football but the second he’s up against experienced, skilled defenders he’s f*cking useless and they can counter his game with their eyes shut.

He didn't have a good game today looked short of fitness coming back from injury. I thought it was a bit strange using your main striker to take throws.
It’s because they are a team of limited ability who rely on set pieces and Dykes can throw the ball better than he can kick it.

Last edited:
His entire game relies on him being physical and putting himself about, i.e. being a thug. Works against the majority of Scottish football but the second he’s up against experienced, skilled defenders he’s f*cking useless and they can counter his game with their eyes shut.

I agree mate. I just think the option of a battering ram would be handy in the rare occasions where our normal game isn’t working. The poet game earlier the season being prime example when we had to resort to high balls up top with nobody being able to win them.

people go on about this 3rd option or something different. That's not how we play it's not our game so I fail to see where he fits in as we don't play hoof ball like Aberdeen or Livingston ect.

people go on about this 3rd option or something different. That's not how we play it's not our game so I fail to see where he fits in as we don't play hoof ball like Aberdeen or Livingston ect.
Totally with you on that one , if we play our game at tempo the way we can we have nothing to fear , that’s the football I would rather watch.

Their game plan is to boot it to Dykes who will consistently foul the CBS and not get booked for it.

He is absolutely pish. Thank phuck our scouting team don’t take recommendations from a handful of FF talent spotters :))

No, whether dykes is good enough I don’t know as I’ve only seen him a total of 4 times. 3 v us and 1 v the scum. My opinion is that a big rumble who’s decent in the air up front would be a decent 3rd option to have.

I'm not having a go, but can you name one "third option" striker of that ilk that's ever been good for us?

If you play with that sort of striker, you need to build a team around them, and they better be good enough to deserve that. Think Hateley, Prso, Jelavic - all miles better players.

Lafferty, Thompson, Velicka, Gayle, Garner, Herrera, Ostenstadt - all brought in to be an "option", all failed.

I'm not having a go, but can you name one "third option" striker of that ilk that's ever been good for us?

If you play with that sort of striker, you need to build a team around them, and they better be good enough to deserve that. Think Hateley, Prso, Jelavic - all miles better players.

Lafferty, Thompson, Velicka, Gayle, Garner, Herrera, Ostenstadt - all brought in to be an "option", all failed.

You forgot about Daly and Kyle. Now they were players.

Back