Lyon game. Play our best team or rest a few?

Best team or rest a few?

• Best team - prize money

Votes: 194 33.9%
  • Rest a few - hectic schedule

Votes: 378 66.1%

• Total voters
Good experience for some of our players tbh. Not much to play for outwith prize money I'd like to see some fresh blood. Patterson. I'd like to see lundstram and Jack pair up in midfield. Exciting times tbh cause for once I don't know wit to expect.

Will anger a few but we should rest and rotate.

Send a squad over to put 10 men behind the ball and play the ugliest game of their lives. Pick up our cheque, get on the plane, and start preparing for Hearts

Will anger a few but we should rest and rotate.

Send a squad over to put 10 men behind the ball and play the ugliest game of their lives. Pick up our cheque, get on the plane, and start preparing for Hearts
Nah just pick a team n give them the freedom to express themselves if they can we have nothing to lose and we are not an ugly side.

Have a hard game away to Hearts on the Sunday after, for that reason and the amount of games we have over the few weeks after we need to rest players. Plus gives some of the players who haven’t been getting much mins a chance to show what they can do, like Kelly

Rotate, the prize money is nothing compared to winning the league. There's also players like Paterson and Kelly that I'd like to see get a run out.

McLaughlin
Patterson Goldson Bassey Borna
Bacuna Arfield Lundstrum
Wright Sakala Roofe

Not much we can do for back four, Roofe needs minutes and I suppose we could have Jack in but that's off top of my head.

Something like
Mcrorrie.Patterson Goldson King Bassey.
Lundstrum Jack Bacuna
Arfield Roofe ( if fit ) Sakala Wright for Roofe if not
Have a decent bench to go for it if still in it last third.

See where the squad is at fitness wise and give as many first team regulars a rest as possible. Give the squad players some minutes and blood the youngsters.

Selected rest a few however it’s a tough one. Gio might want to play our full side and use it to get his first choice xi used to the slight changes in the system.

I honestly thought we were at our best when we went Thursday/Sunday/Thursday,we where relentle55,so i'd keep the best 11 without those on a yellow obviously.

It's an opportunity for Gio to rotate and try some new things.

I would never expect wholesale changes from him but certainly some fringe guys like Wright, Sakala, Patterson should get the most minutes here.

Away to Hearts a few days later which will be priority.

Should play a relatively strong team as we'll get a similar quality team in the next round and it'll be a good test to get us up to as high a speed as possible

The money for qualifying for next seasons CL dwarfs what we would get for a win in Lyon. Which on what we have seen of them in this group would be unlikely anyway. So concentrate all efforts on the league during Dec/Jan.

Rest and rotate, without doubt.

Come out of December with maximum points will most definitely ensure us greater prize money than 500k.

Look we could pick our very best players and tell them this is the most important game of the season, go out there and empty the tank. But in the middle of this hectic schedule with so many big games they won't give 100%. So we might as well rest a few tired legs and give some hungry players on the edge of the first team a chance to show what they can do. Apart from anything else getting some minutes in legs now might pay dividends later.

The team we face in the next qualifying round of Europa are likely to be of a similar quality to Lyon so we should use the match as preparation for that rather than as an opportunity to change things / rest in advance of Hearts.

I’d be playing King, Patterson, McCrorie, Jack, Bacuna etc
Great experience for the younger guys, valuable minutes in some legs and rests the key players.

Need to utilise this opportunity to rest. But on top of that other a great time to give game time to the likes of Bacauna, Kelly and Fashion!

Send Andy Goram, Alan McLaren and John Greig etc to play alongside Simpson, Bacuna and Scott Wright for all I care!:D

Concentrate 100% on the league between now and the winter break.

McGregor, Davis, Barisic shouldn't take the flight.

We don't have a particularly strong squad to be resting loads of players without getting a pumping.

Good chance for manager to see across the squad but can see him picking first team regulars in order to give them more experience with his shapes etc.

Back