Mad Dog offered Celtic job for season ending 2020

I can't see that being genuine.

As you say what sort of mate would do that?
A jealous mate who has never got over the fact his mate Lewis made it pro and he never?
The guy running about in a clapped out banger of a motor while his 'mate' cruises about in a Bentley.

images

The Record reporting that their board had an ‘impromptu’ meeting at the end of the game on Saturday and decided to offer him it.

I find that crazy, they based it on a game they were overwhelming favourites for, makes you wonder what depths they would have plummeted to had they lost.

So hes sorted out all this in less than 24 hours given he was offered the job in the Hampden shower area?!

lol

The Record reporting that their board had an ‘impromptu’ meeting at the end of the game on Saturday and decided to offer him it.

I find that crazy, they based it on a game they were overwhelming favourites for, makes you wonder what depths they would have plummeted to had they lost.

Logic, IMO points to their preferred candidate withdrawing late last week. Celtic fans did not expect Lennon to get the job.

Stephen O'Donnell ha ha ffs he is chronic

Don't believe the Hooper rumour, imagibe that was their 2 big signings Hooper and O'Donnell :cool:

The thing that doesn't stack up is that certain journalists were fed straight from Parkhead that it was Lennon's if he won the cup and league nearly a month ago.

Certain people, Jackson and Braiden just two, knew well in advance so trying to pass it off as an emotional decision is to try and soften the blow, in the last month Celtic have also been sending out Hartson, Sutton and others telling us how it has to be Lennon.

It was only ever going to be him if he won the cup and league, and I doubt they even talked to anyone else.

Logic, IMO points to their preferred candidate withdrawing late last week. Celtic fans did not expect Lennon to get the job.

I don't think many expected him to get it. I had a suspicion that they might do the unthinkable and pull out all the stops for a top class manager, simply to secure this mythical "10" that they keep rambling on about, but as time passed I also thought that Moyes looked increasingly likely.

find it very hard to believe that they didn't speak to other candidates, there's definitely something off with it, however that's their fucking problem so fuck the cunts.

I think people are underestimating the potential hit to their coffers the abuse compo could run into.

I’m sure this is playing a big part in Lawwell’s thinking.

Even a relatively modest sum like £10m is going to significantly effect their forward planning.

Lennon looks like a cheap option to help mitigate that.

I think people are underestimating the potential hit to their coffers the abuse compo could run into.

I’m sure this is playing a big part in Lawwell’s thinking.

Even a relatively modest sum like £10m is going to significantly effect their forward planning.

Lennon looks like a cheap option to help mitigate that.

If you add it to the £25-30m they are pretty much guaranteed to lose for a 2nd season it is a big hit, especially when the wage bill is huge.

The thing that doesn't stack up is that certain journalists were fed straight from Parkhead that it was Lennon's if he won the cup and league nearly a month ago.

Certain people, Jackson and Braiden just two, knew well in advance so trying to pass it off as an emotional decision is to try and soften the blow, in the last month Celtic have also been sending out Hartson, Sutton and others telling us how it has to be Lennon.

It was only ever going to be him if he won the cup and league, and I doubt they even talked to anyone else.

They were definitely feeding their ‘ITK’ a yarn about the likes of Benitez, they were absolutely convinced a big name game changer was on the way.

They were definitely feeding their ‘ITK’ a yarn about the likes of Benitez, they were absolutely convinced a big name game changer was on the way.

The fans were for sure.

It was mentioned on here a few times, but in the background. Lennon had started making wholesale changes behind the scenes. One of the first major changes was getting rid of the majority of sports science and data analysts that were put in place by Rodgers. This came from a well connected Celtic fan. He said Lennon, and their board felt it was was a drain on resources and that Lennon doesn't believe in all that anyway

Spoke now to someone who was at the final on Saturday and to quote “Our bus was bouncing on Saturday, it was wild and then we were told about Lennon”. He said it was a quiet journey home after that.:D
How the hell is Lawwell going to spin this one? Their fans said they didn’t want Lennon anywhere near the club after this season

Spoke now to someone who was at the final on Saturday and to quote “Our bus was bouncing on Saturday, it was wild and then we were told about Lennon”. He said it was a quiet journey home after that.:D
How the hell is Lawwell going to spin this one? Their fans said they didn’t want Lennon anywhere near the club after this season
By ramping up the paranoia and victim-hood mentality tenfold. Next season will be absolutely poisonous. I'm glad we've got Gerrard in charge cos lesser men would fold. We will be right up against it next season.

By ramping up the paranoia and victim-hood mentality tenfold. Next season will be absolutely poisonous. I'm glad we've got Gerrard in charge cos lesser men would fold. We will be right up against it next season.

Honestly feel the complete opposite. Play our game and we will be fine

You are probably correct mate - sadly.
As you say though, Gerrard is nobody’s fool so bring it on.

If you add it to the £25-30m they are pretty much guaranteed to lose for a 2nd season it is a big hit, especially when the wage bill is huge.
maybe, just maybe, dirty Dermott and his corrupt cohorts are planning on getting out as much as they can ,and getting out of dodge before the shit really hits fan,,he has more than enough skeletons in the closet, without more scrutiny going on all around something close to him

I honestly think they were just making it up.

The Rodgers appointment had them convinced they would be shopping in the elite market.

They were never close to it.

The fans were for sure.

It was mentioned on here a few times, but in the background. Lennon had started making wholesale changes behind the scenes. One of the first major changes was getting rid of the majority of sports science and data analysts that were put in place by Rodgers. This came from a well connected Celtic fan. He said Lennon, and their board felt it was was a drain on resources and that Lennon doesn't believe in all that anyway

I have read this before and if true, it really will set them back as I sure Rodgers had things changed for the better behind the scenes as we have done since Warburton came in. Surely they will not throw away that kind of stuff which is pivotal to modern football?

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if this is the case. Their backroom staff has already been decimated.

I honestly think they were just making it up.

The Rodgers appointment had them convinced they would be shopping in the elite market.

They were never close to it.

They play in Scotland so they will always hit that glass ceiling. Many of them just can’t grasp this simple fact.

Got to agree. They simply must have spoken to someone else. I cannot believe Lennon was their top target.
Lawwell has went for the cheap option. The appointment of Rodgers has deluded them into thinking they will break the bank for a 'top manager' every time now. What they fail to grasp is that Rodgers was unemployed at the time, his reputation down south was in tatters and needed rebuilding and that, most importantly, he is a Yahoo. There are no managers out there just now with a similar profile. Desmond also got involved in his appointment as he wanted to get it up Rangers after we beat them in the semi-final, so they pushed the boat out a little bit for him. It's back to reality for the filth and their fans now.

Lawwell has went for the cheap option. The appointment of Rodgers has deluded them into thinking they will break the bank for a 'top manager' every time now. What they fail to grasp is that Rodgers was unemployed at the time, his reputation down south was in tatters and needed rebuilding and that, most importantly, he is a Yahoo. There are no managers out there just now with a similar profile. Desmond also got involved in his appointment as he wanted to get it up Rangers after we beat them in the semi-final, so they pushed the boat out a little bit for him. It's back to reality for the filth and their fans now.

The truth is they were extremely lucky with Rodgers. Massive reality check for the filth. The fact it ruined their day despite winning the treble tells you everything.

You're happy to say he set us back years, in spite of the very clear evidence that the mess of his reign was cleared up in under a year?

If he 'set us back years' as you say, we'd still be worse off than when he left.
It's not even being a drama queen, it's just absolute stupidity.
It is absolutely impossible that he set us back years as years haven't even passed.

If you work off the assumption the progress made this season will translate into trophies next year, that hypothetical would give credence to the argument that Pedro is the reason we didn't win trophies this year. We're at least a year behind.

Also, the money used on some of his signings that are still in the squad and taking up money could of been the difference between getting the likes of Defoe and Davis in the summer rather than Sadiq and Ejaria. All hypothethical of course but dismissing the other guy like that is well off, think anyone with a bit of common sense can see that Pedro set us back a decent amount.

Just listening to Clyde and fat Pete said they never wanted to interview anyone and it was Lennon's win or lose last Saturday.

Something not right over there, i get the sense they are using Lennon because they know he will take it but i don't think they are going to spend much money.

The whole thing is strange but good for us of course.

If you work off the assumption the progress made this season will translate into trophies next year, that hypothetical would give credence to the argument that Pedro is the reason we didn't win trophies this year. We're at least a year behind.

Also, the money used on some of his signings that are still in the squad and taking up money could of been the difference between getting the likes of Defoe and Davis in the summer rather than Sadiq and Ejaria. All hypothethical of course but dismissing the other guy like that is well off, think anyone with a bit of common sense can see that Pedro set us back a decent amount.
You are working off the assumption that Gerrard comes in at that point which was never going to be the case as he made clear he'd see out his contract with Liverpool.

Again, as I've said in my previous post, if we got the management team in right after Pedro's sacking then that team was McInnes and Docherty.

We were still paying guys like Wallace and Holt a wage and they were here before Pedro.
We did sign guys like Coulibaly, Ejaria and Sadiq and have to pay them to contribute little.
Like I said already, if you level that accusation at Caixinha, you must do so for everyone who ever managed Rangers.

Stuck clyde on

Their fans are in uproar

It’s incredible. We’ve only seen glimpses of the reactions they have when their dominance is threatened. Unfortunately the threat has never lasted long as we’ve let them off the hook time and time again.

If we put them under pressure for a sustained period of time they will collapse.

Mark McGhee AKA Monobrow Mark? How is he going to instruct his team to lie down to Celtic when his team is Celtic? Confusion will crease his brow (singular)

Back