MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was a wee bit worried when the draw came but the more time passes, the more in convinced we'll be comfortable in this game. Squad is full of quality.

Was a wee bit worried when the draw came but the more time passes, the more in convinced we'll be comfortable in this game. Squad is full of quality.
Same. We'll need to keep focussed of course but I don't think that will be an issue under Gerrard. We started our preparations badly but grew throughout the friendlies with the Real Madrid result as the culmination, and we were comfortable in our first league game.

I feel we will relatively easily get past Malmo.

I opened up RTV on another browser and got it via Portugal.

Did you get a watch button or anything next to the fixture after paying for it?
No, no watch button but immediately after purchase my account page was displayed and that shows the game as an active subscription.

I watched some of the game HJK v Malmö and expect us to win away from home. Malmö reminded me a wee bit of Aberdeen going forward, but imo, their central defence can be caught out if we play football on the ground. A tall set of players, yet Helsinki scored within 30 seconds from a corner! Play our European style of football and we will catch out the Swedes.
Set pieces is something they struggle with. I’d be playing Barisic, even if not quite fully fit, solely for this reason as Basseys delivery is miles off currently.

Graphics look superb Doc. A 2-0 win for us would be superb away from home, anything more than that would be exceptional and kill any hope for them in the return leg.
A big win for us lays down a marker. Literally counting the hours.:))

Big stakes here but we have produced some great results with this group of players so have to be quietly confident. Would be happy enough with a draw tomorrow to set up the return at Ibrox.

YXdUDnF.png

RTV THREAD FOR ANY ISSUES

Nice graphic, @DocStone :cool:

Today's the day.

Ten years since we last kicked a Champions League ball. Ten years to the day - against Malmö. These things always have a funny old knack of cropping up.

This time it's different. This time we're sweeping them aside.

Can’t take to that tracksuit the players wear.

Confident we do the business tomorrow. 2-0.

Itten and Goldson.

The ref for the match is a Mr Szymon Marciniak, a Polish official with plenty experience of World Cup's and Euro Championship games under his belt.
He's also been in charge of a shit load of Champions League and Europa League matches over the years.
He's not shy in laying down the law by flashing yellows either, the likes of Ronaldo, Iniesta, Suarez, Modric, Busquets, De Bruyne, Chiellini, Bonucci, Rakitic, Neymar, Pepe, Di Maria, our own Steven Davis, the racist Kudela, and even Shane Duffy to name a few who have faced his no nonsense firm but fair approach.

Marciniak was the man in the middle when Rangers took on, and lost 1-3 to Bayer Leverkusen at Ibrox 17 months ago where he dished out yellow cards to Arfield, Kamara and Kent as well as four Leverkusen players.

It's good UEFA thought a strong experienced referee was required for this tie and not some rookie plonker.

2 defeats in 17 competitive games for Malmo. Both defeats away from home. Unbeaten in all of their home games (8) and won the last 6 in a row. Have conceded in 14 of their 17 games but have also scored in all of their 17 games. I’m predicting a surprisingly comfortable couple of games for Rangers.

I don't think Malmo will be any better than Porto, Feyenoord, Galatasaray, Benfica, Villarreal, Liege, Antwerp and probably a few others that we've got by or held our own against in recent years. I get there's no point in being overly confident but I think our squad deserves a bit more belief than some people are showing given our European performances over the last 3 years or so.

Not easy this one. Important to avoid defeat,stupid bookings and injuries. Going,as usual, 3-1 the Sons of William.
C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

It's Champions League Day!! This is the day we all prayed for over the last 10 years.. It's going to be a long day at work.. C'mon the Glasgow Rangers.. B-D B-D

Up at 0400 too excited to sleep further, the Seagulls are apparently very excited as well.

Had thought a draw looked most likely but the hot take from the Bookies seems to think a lot of people fancy Rangers to go and win tonight.

Broken sleep last night and have that nauseous feeling in my stomach you get ahead of big games. Let's do it Rangers.

Back