MOTM Poll Malmö v Rangers - 18:00 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some people genuinely believe Goldson’s one of the best CBs we’ve had in recent times as well

Last season was the exception, 18/19, 19/20 and this seasons showing is the real Goldson. Mistake in the first half, mistake against Livi too

He’s a decent player but he’s always got a mistake in him and he’s cost us big time in the biggest match we’ve had in years

You'd think with the fetish that the Gaffer has for midfielders we could of come up with something with a little more...flair tonight. Arfield, Davis and Lundstrum to me are all the ones you'd want sitting back dictating tempo and nullifying attacks. Not for attacking and unlocking stubborn defences for 90 mins. Think Hagi should of played off 2 strikers tonight and produced those cracking little passes he can come up with. But, I don't think we're out of this yet. I have a gut feeling

But the mad 5 minutes, it’s going better than expected. I would be confident with a 1 goal deficit but 2 means we need something extra special next week.

Wasn't prepared for that! Humbling, but still alive and kicking. In retrospect with the shape of the squad perhaps we should have been coming into the trenches and work away for a 0-0.
A goal would be lovely but doesn't look likely, all to do but we can definitely still do it
Its a fair assessment. Real friendly and relegation fodder Livi aside we are yet to set the heather on fire in the tests we've had.

Its a long season and its early but at 0-2 its a tough gig. 2-1 you arent far off.

The only Rangers player who has shown up tonight is Scott Wright. He's looked the most dangerous. He's offered the most with his movement. I'd give McGregor pass marks because he couldn't do much with either goal. Helander hasn't been bad either.

The rest of them?

Barasic was a mistake. He's nowhere near ready to start a game like this. Bassey should have started. Goldson and Tav have been woeful and cost us the 2 goals. Midfield has been missing. There's literally nobody in there capable of making things happen. Davis missing. Arfield useless. Lundstram miles off the pace of the game. As for Kent? Another one who doesnt look like he's anywhere near sharp enough.

Very disappointing. Malmo took their chances well and have generally coped with us. 2-0 perhaps flatters them given that it was 2 really terrible pieces of defending, but there's no doubt that they've absolutely strolled it and coped well with anything we had to throw at them.

2nd leg is massive.

He was playing in the Copa America then had a break before coming back and isolating for 10 days. All the other players had a holiday so why "blame" Morelos?

Because to some it’s a more attractive option than blaming the actual culprits. The fact he’s getting grief for having the same time off as everyone else is tragic.

Even then, it’s Malmö, not Bayern Munich. We spent good money on Itten and we brought Sakala in; surely they should be enough to get a goal against this mob.

Never going to be easy against a team who are 13 games into their season. Stays 2-0 and isn't insurmountable and an early goal next week changed everything.

Have Swedes got some genetic defect with their legs? All of them squatting and lying about like pathetic arseholes. 6 mins minimum ET here.

Got to remember we're missing Morelos, Roofe, Kamara, Aribo and Hagi clearly isn't fit to play.

We need a big performance at Ibrox next week.

It has been so inept and so poor it’s caught us all by surprise

Think that's what it is, I just can't believe the amatuerish 60 seconds that could cost the Club upwards of £40m. This is without doubt our biggest (because of money involved) & poorest European performance since SG arrived. Everything good about Rangers in Europe the past two seasons is nowhere to be seen tonight.

Last edited:
Back