Man City charged by Premier Leaue

I was having a look at Bournemouth's income a while back and their match day income was only £6.5m. By comparison ours was £42m last season. And yet, as you say, they are outbidding Ac Milan. It's incredible how much the tv money on offer down South distorts things.

It's a disgrace really.

A league filled with relatively small clubs who are all being handed ridiculous finances off the back of TV money generated by 5 or so good clubs.

People should maybe temper the comments about titles being stripped etc etc

They still had to win the games on the park

It's easier to win on the park when you can buy all the players you want through financial cheating.

When Juve bought refs, they also still had to win on the park. It was just made easier.

Hope Haaland doesn’t leave cos of this just took out a second mortgage to buy my 5 year son a Haaland top will be devastating if had to take another mortgage to buy a new one :(

It's a disgrace really.

A league filled with relatively small clubs who are all being handed ridiculous finances off the back of TV money generated by 5 or so good clubs.
Good Clubs or Clubs who appeal globally?

Only answer is a European Super League?

Good Clubs or Clubs who appeal globally?

Only answer is a European Super League?

I'd call Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal genuinely big clubs. Chelsea kind of bought their way into the running before FFP and City are doing it now during FFP, but yeah, they're more global branding than actual big clubs.

Unless things like this impact the PL, no idea how you go about fixing the current mess of football.

Let's see if Tim arse lickin sky put the same impact the fiddlers when they are germ done for child molesting.

Sky sports right now have the running bar, the side bar and a breaking news bar all for man citehs news.

Sky know their Tim pals time will come but will they fall out with their luv in.

I'd call Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal genuinely big clubs. Chelsea kind of bought their way into the running before FFP and City are doing it now during FFP, but yeah, they're more global branding than actual big clubs.

Unless things like this impact the PL, no idea how you go about fixing the current mess of football.
Been knackered for years to an extent. I think Clubs like Brighton and Brentford who appear to have progressed all legally and with Owners with a real skill in Business and Football should be applauded, fair play to them - you'd back them to do well at pretty much any Club they got involved with now, the Clubs may be small but they haven't half done well. Easy to tar all Premier League Clubs with the same brush.

Let's see if Tim arse lickin sky put the same impact the fiddlers when they are germ done for child molesting.

Sky sports right now have the running bar, the side bar and a breaking news bar all for man citehs news.

Sky know their Tim pals time will come but will they fall out with their luv in.
Is there any topic in here that someone won’t bring them into?

I’m not really into retrospective stuff, tbh, so, if they are found guilty then you would look at a massive fine which could open the way for civil suits from other clubs who missed out on CL football.

Personally, think it is obvious what they and a bunch of other clubs have done and it should be massive points deductions, demotion and fines. Send a message. Should be the same for clubs carrying massive debts. But I don’t see it happening.

What have Brentford done wrong? Quite a success story to be fair to them and done it in a fair manner - unless I am missing something?

They paid celtic £13.5million for Ajer ! But seriously other than that I quite like Brentford, however their 2021 annual accounts showed a record high turnover of £15.3 million.

they have signed over 20 players this season, only declared the fees for 3

Damsgaard £17million, Hickie £17million and Lewis Poller £16.7million, all on an average home attendance of 17k

I got stuck in Manchester in the late 70’s and all the people I met were City fans, many of whom travelled to Ibrox on away days as fans of Rangers, so mixed emotions for me. So the club may be horrible, but the fans then were good people.
I am sure their supporters were on a video on here singing Rangers songs not so long ago. Manure like to bind themselves with THEM, so I suppose it is the obvious thing for Man.C. supporters to support us

They paid celtic £13.5million for Ajer ! But seriously other than that I quite like Brentford, however their 2021 annual accounts showed a record high turnover of £15.3 million.

they have signed over 20 players this season, only declared the fees for 3

Damsgaard £17million, Hickie £17million and Lewis Poller £16.7million, all on an average home attendance of 17k
If they are doing it legally though I don’t see the problem? What more can Clubs do? I must admit the Hollywood Bets sponsorship surprised me given the Owners business interests.

Good...but you could probably have investigations on multiple clubs in the EPL. They'll probably get a transfer embargo which will be delayed long enough for them to sufficiently fill their squad. Don't trust any football authority to sufficiently punish the clubs with money.

Punishments can go up to “expelling a club from the league”

I’d advocate for that as they bring nothing to the league anyway

Statement from Man City:

Manchester City FC is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with.
The Club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent Commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.
As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all.

Last edited:
I got stuck in Manchester in the late 70’s and all the people I met were City fans, many of whom travelled to Ibrox on away days as fans of Rangers, so mixed emotions for me. So the club may be horrible, but the fans then were good people.
These days they can't even be bothered to turn up for champion's league games. Fair-weather fans.

Do you just mash the keyboard and let predictive text do it’s thing?

Open yer fuukin eyes, it's all over sky sports news.
That's what I find ironic. I blame sky and the other tv companies for the way the game is these days.

Was watching that nonsense about Rooney/vardy on bbc3 a couple of weeks back and one of the guys who was involved with the media said they were advised to get into the football world as it's now the new rock and roll.

This is true, we now have football involved in the tabloid showbiz columns. I mean wagatha christie ffs. The vast amounts of money have turned the whole thing into a circus. When the celebrity types started turning up at the games,courtesy of sky, that was the beginning of the rot.

Back