Man utd looking to pay £30m for 16 yr old

Boys only on £145 as well just now until he signs a professional contract at 17. Market down there is wild.

Saw him play on Saturday. Yes, he scored (from a couple of yards out) but didn’t really stand out - as you’d have expected from someone valued so highly.

£30m is ridiculous and in no way will it help with Man Utd’s deficiencies.

Its an obscene amount of money for a 16-17 year old. He'll not fix their current problems though.

Like I mentioned in the thread about Rooney, an utter shambles of a club.

I've never had any time for them but my brother is a big Man U fan and is just sick with it all. Can kind of feel for him a bit after what we have been through. It's not much fun when it seems utter jokers are running your club into the ground, on the other hand though f**k Man United :D

They’re getting the urine extracted from them.

Shambles of a club who seem to always have to pay top dollar, mostly because other teams know Woodward is a walk over and they’ve got money to burn.

i struggle to see why any rangers fan can enjoy seeing man utd struggle after the shite we’ve been through and like us they’ll be back their the biggest club in england by a mile might take time but they’ll be back where they belong

It'll be interesting to see what happens to these clubs when their owners get bored and move onto something else.

Hard to comment having never seen the boy play, but Rooney was around that much? If he ends up being as good as that then it's a snip!

Pretty sure @David Edgar mentioned they had another youngster who they spent millions on at the youth tournament and the other teams smashed the boy early on.

another stratosphere financially.

That's absolutely ridiculous. I'm slowly growing to hate the EPL. It's becoming (already is) a tourist league with far too much money going round.

I can't see Man U challenging for titles any time soon. You look set the strength and coherence of Liverpool and Man City and United are a million miles away.

How they will expect the boy to keep his head with that pressure and money involved is a joke.

Will that be £30mil upfront or that price if he becomes a regular? If the later it’s a risk worth taking as to wait may mean 3 times the price or missing out.

He's young, English and has serious potential which ticks the boxes United seem to looking for under Ole. But that comes at a crazy price down there.

If he's a Rooney type where they get 10 years out of him then 3mill a year plus wages is a good deal. Or he finds he likes a night out and the fame of being a United player and he's another Islam Feruz.

It’s an obscene amount of money for a kid that age no matter how promising.
They would be better served spending the money trying to improve the current squad.

Sky has a lot to answer for... Back in the day Rangers used to make more money from merchandising than Man Utd did!
It'll only stop when people stop paying the subscriptions. But it shows that spending big money on players guarantees nothing.

Back