Managerial update

I really don't rate McGinn. However I agree you can't compare. Very different roles in midfield and do very different things. McGinn attacks better than Kamara but Kamara has a better touch, control, passing and breaking up play.
mcginn has been superb under clark, dress it up however you want he has.

11 games 4 goals this year, he has been a major driving force for us. Make it all the better that they lot messed up getting him

McGinn's problem at Villa is he's too versatile. He is top quality and a regular starter, but he gets played in the holding 2, at the front of the 3, and occasionally on the left side of the front 3 (although not this season).

With Scotland he's usually at the front of the 3 and that's why you get the goal return. At Villa he gets moved about so doesn't settle.

Still don't know what the attraction with Lampard is.

He's only managed 2 sides, for a grand total of 2.5 years, and an average win % of less than 50%.

Where's the confidence coming from?
and both times he had defo one of the better squads in the league

John McGinn is probably their best player and he's not levels above the likes of Kamara or Aribo.
By virtue of the league he plays in & the money spent on him, I'd say he is.

I do think Kamara is by far the player of ours that would attract the most interest from down south, though.

I’m more worried he might sign our rumored targets in January

First off, what rumored targets?

Secondly, Villa are operating at a higher level and caliber of target than us

He doesnt leave Rangers to be targeting the same kind of player, he will be spending 10s of millions on targets now

Reactions: WBD
By virtue of the league he plays in & the money spent on him, I'd say he is.

I do think Kamara is by far the player of ours that would attract the most interest from down south, though.
I would've agreed last year, seemed inevitable he would move on. I'd suggest he's been very disappointing this season, which I think might be Gerrard think twice about going for him.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't come back for Kent.

First off, what rumored targets?

Secondly, Villa are operating at a higher level and caliber of target than us

He doesnt leave Rangers to be targeting the same kind of player, he will be spending 10s of millions on targets now
Maybe a small upgrade but Villa seem to have spent over £20m 6 times and three of them have been this Summer when they sold Grealish for £100m. Yes they're shopping in higher markets but the level of player they're attracting for £20m+ is hardly outrageous when you look at it.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transferrekorde/verein/405 - could be a load of shit of course.

Maybe a small upgrade but Villa seem to have spent over £20m 6 times and three of them have been this Summer when they sold Grealish for £100m. Yes they're shopping in higher markets but the level of player they're attracting for £20m+ is hardly outrageous when you look at it.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transferrekorde/verein/405 - could be a load of shit of course.
Don't think Gerrard will have to ask twice for that money again in January.

I would've agreed last year, seemed inevitable he would move on. I'd suggest he's been very disappointing this season, which I think might be Gerrard think twice about going for him.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't come back for Kent.
I’d be amazed if he does! A winger who played 1 great game then 5 sh1t games under SG won’t be top of his list.

Back