Mark daly at it again

There has been no better time for Rangers as a club to call for an independent inquiry into historic abuse in Scotland.

It really IS as simple as this.

In the context of that recent Daly "article", it could NOT be seen as some pointed shout for action against CFC.

But it WOULD thereby allow the club (even C1872) to reply to any and every smear against us with that refrain:
"Who will stand up for the rigfhts of those children who have been abused, as proven in multiple courts of law ?
Why is this taking so long ??"

And surely the major concern:
"Is this all still going on at the major nexus of child abuse at Celtc ?"

Because, unless absolutely obliterated, child abuse rings never really go away -- they regroup and keep going.
I'd be willing to bet that it's still ongoing with personnel associated with CFC, today.

A total ban at Ibrox for the BBC is now a must. Take that disgraceful company all the way in the courts. It's well documented the negativity on all Rangers related reporting over the past 7 years or so. Using the phrase "cover up" is disgusting. Yet as far as I am aware has never been used when articles have been published regarding the obvious paedophile
problem at CP. Certain people being jailed twice, being remployed after being convicted only to offend again. There has to be a public inquiry into this.

I heard the story reported as the boy's dad didn't want it reported to the police but Hood insisted it was.

That being the case could the boy's father not confirm that to be true regardless of whether the police have a record of it ..?

If Hood wasn't intending to report it to the police he would simply have agreed with the parent's wishes.

and some in our support think we should build bridges with this rancid organisation...

No thanks, should ban the lot from Ibrox, im sure we will let slip in about 6 months that we got an apology or something like that, far too late and not nearly enough, we should be going after them on this

did any other news outlet run with it? i couldnt see any

Clyde Super Scoreboard put out a tweet last night referencing Dalys article - this is after they decried that they would only accept football related calls on their phone in when they refused to cover or talk about the celtic paedophile ring. That tweet has now been deleted . . . . .

Ge has pushed this as a narrative and whenever the press talk about them, they will gladly tie us into the same disgusting conversation. The club has to do more than that statement from last night.

I would say that Rangers lawyers are not active with this , as the bbc online report is still there

Clyde Super Scoreboard put out a tweet last night referencing Dalys article - this is after they decried that they would only accept football related calls on their phone in when they refused to cover or talk about the celtic paedophile ring. That tweet has now been deleted . . . . .

Ge has pushed this as a narrative and whenever the press talk about them, they will gladly tie us into the same disgusting conversation. The club has to do more than that statement from last night.

It was the Radio Clyde news feed, not the CLYDESSB feed.

With regard to Daly’s latest story it is instructive to re-familiarise ourselves with the facts. Whilst at Rangers there have been two alleged victims of Gordon Neely and one of Harry Dunn - the number of charges and convictions I leave to journalists to inform us of.

Missed this post yesterday and am interested in this paragraph from our illustrious leader.

I'm unaware of another victim of Neely at Rangers or indeed who Harry Dunn is.

Are you able to expand on this, Mark?

I'd never trust the BBC as an entity or even one of their employees to uncover the truth about a subject pertaining to child abuse after their own establishment attempted cover ups over the years for "their own".

Great news, they're trying to bring out the big guns but have absolutely %^*& all.

Good luck trying to spin the blatant ring over at the Knew Camp Mark.

What a pathetic attempt to drag us down to the level of those operating a peado ring across the city. For years, on most subjects, we’ve had the clamour to portray ‘Rangers bad’ and ‘Celtic good’ but this is a new low.

It’s disgusting the mhutants are so desperate for abuse to have been more widely spread than their own organisation. It’s almost like they feel vindicated by the most tenuous of stories involving Rangers.

Spot on. Kiddy Fiddler FC support would love nothing more than drag us into their sordid cover up, no matter how small the link.

I have had a few running battles on Twitter this morning with these bassa's and they were loving the idea that we were involved in a cover up, no matter how small when compared to their club's 4 decades, until I set them straight.

Instead of "unfair" comments I would have included "libellous". I don't think the response was forceful enough. Mud sticks and given the two of the three employees involved are still living I'd be raging if I was dragged into this innuendo.

I heard the story reported as the boy's dad didn't want it reported to the police but Hood insisted it was.

That being the case could the boy's father not confirm that to be true regardless of whether the police have a record of it ..?

If Hood wasn't intending to report it to the police he would simply have agreed with the parent's wishes.

The boys dad & Hood are dead now mate :mad:

Spot on. Kiddy Fiddler FC support would love nothing more than drag us into their sordid cover up, no matter how small the link.

I have had a few running battles on Twitter this morning with these bassa's and they were loving the idea that we were involved in a cover up, no matter how small when compared to their club's 4 decades, until I set them straight.

Well done BB. Sick bastards now want to talk about it.

It’s disgusting.

1st things 1st and that's if any employee at Rangers is guilty of any wrongdoing and sweeping anything under a carpet I want the truth out there, those responsible vilified and the victims compensated appropriately.

However, BBCs coverage on this is really quite remarkable, we have 1 club (Hibs) who definitely did cover up the actions for him to stay in the game and possibly go on to commit more crimes and paper thin evidence involving our club, who gets the lion share of focus? - well fuck me sideways it's Rangers! How predictable of the Rangers hating BBC.

Lastly, if there were 1 or 2 who slipped through the cracks and hurt innocent children then we need to show contrition on that and liaise with the victims with a great degree of sympathy and respect. It in noway should be portrayed to be in any similar vein as to what happened at Celtic FC which seen hundreds of children abused over a 4 decade period involving at least 4 convicted paedophiles, close to another suspected 10 perpetrators with many of those predators being shielded from suspicion while given financial rewards.

I'd welcome an independent inquiry into it all. Whatever it happens to unearth.

I await Speirs headshaking and tut-tutting about pointscoring by the lovable craicsters.

Ineptitude on a colossal scale from "award winning investigative journalist" Mark Daly...

The same story, almost word-for-word, was reported nearly 3 years ago, but using Hibs feeder club instead of Rangers....

A semi-competent graduate solicitor could tear these fucks apart.

Good post.

So far as I can see, this blows the entire story about this "spanking" routine happening at Rangers, right out of the water.
It was at Edina Hibs.

" The latest victim to come forward, who asked not to be named, told how he was attacked when he was around 10, in the club rooms of Edinburgh youth team Edina Hibs in the mid-1970s.

He said: “I wasn’t in the team but I’d watch them train after school. Afterwards I’d join in for a kickabout. I’d go back to the club rooms.

“Gordon Neely took me into his office one day and said I’d “been a bad boy”.

“He told me to take my shorts and my pants down for him. He tried this three or four times, but I’d stand against the wall so nothing could happen.

“But one time he did get my pants and shorts down. He put me over his knee and skelped my backside.

“He wouldn’t let me out the office until I stopped crying and he wiped my tears away.

“I ran out and shouted, “He’s pulled down my shorts and pants”. There were other coaches there and they laughed and said, “Away you go son. Go home." "

Seems Daly hasn't checked the facts at all here.

Our Club should be quoting this article to Daly and asking him directly for an apology and a retraction.

Good post.

So far as I can see, this blows the entire story about this "spanking" routine happening at Rangers, right out of the water.
It was at Edina Hibs.

" The latest victim to come forward, who asked not to be named, told how he was attacked when he was around 10, in the club rooms of Edinburgh youth team Edina Hibs in the mid-1970s.

He said: “I wasn’t in the team but I’d watch them train after school. Afterwards I’d join in for a kickabout. I’d go back to the club rooms.

“Gordon Neely took me into his office one day and said I’d “been a bad boy”.

“He told me to take my shorts and my pants down for him. He tried this three or four times, but I’d stand against the wall so nothing could happen.

“But one time he did get my pants and shorts down. He put me over his knee and skelped my backside.

“He wouldn’t let me out the office until I stopped crying and he wiped my tears away.

“I ran out and shouted, “He’s pulled down my shorts and pants”. There were other coaches there and they laughed and said, “Away you go son. Go home." "

Seems Daly hasn't checked the facts at all here.

Our Club should be quoting this article to Daly and asking him directly for an apology and a retraction.

Pretty sure that is not the same victim.

Back