Mark Warbuton on Talksport

Would it really surprise you if it happened?

Yes because it would be absolutely farcical. It seems likely what's actually happened isWhite has alluded to news tomorrow and the poster has decided it must be about Murty

Nothing of particular surprise there although he did express sadness at having to leave Ibrox " half way through a project " therebye giving credance to my opinion that the content of the now notorious appaling statement put out at that time stating they had been seeking alternative employment and therefore had to go was nothing more than smear to deflect the pitchfork marchers in another direction ...a tactic sadly used with a disturbing frequency it seems .

He was 100% seeking alternative employment.

What happened to JW? I met him in barbaza club after the 1999 league win, he was hinging about amo Moore n vidmar... seemed staunch in those days.

Well we got rid of MW on the Friday night before we played on the Sunday so nothing would surprise me.

He even took the press conference that day ffs.

Was this ever proven though or is it just going by the board statement. I’m not saying he didn’t want out by the way. Just wondering if it was a fact
Well he never took the club to court for wrongful dismissal that he said he was going to do, wonder why that is.

And it was well rumoured he had met with Forrest whilst still with us and surprise surprise thats who he ended up managing.

So I'd say aye, he wanted out.

He was 100% seeking alternative employment.
Only because his jacket was on a shoogly nail ...something that every contracted football person does without the stigma that was attached to him .
There will be Rangers players iether with new clubs for next season or seeking them as i write .
The statement at that time was clearly worded to discredit Bread and Weir thereby deflecting criticism from themselves ...Off the top of my head Barnton , Miller, Weir , Wallace ,Bread and McInness have all had their reputations tainted by statements and such from within Ibrox .
We best be careful the football world doesnt view the managers job as any more toxic than it already does or all we will attract is novices or dross .

Last edited:
White is your typical reporter with delusions of grandeur. Like the rest of his ilk, he runs with the hare and hunts with the hounds which is why he is now supporting the papes. He will always try to latch onto a winner and they are currently winning. When the scores and fates turn against them , watch how fast the media do an about turn. Child abuse claims will have them all running for their bunkers and some other team will have the benefit of their loyalty until the nest winning team.

White is your typical reporter with delusions of grandeur. Like the rest of his ilk, he runs with the hare and hunts with the hounds which is why he is now supporting the papes. He will always try to latch onto a winner and they are currently winning. When the scores and fates turn against them , watch how fast the media do an about turn. Child abuse claims will have them all running for their bunkers and some other team will have the benefit of their loyalty until the nest winning team.
You’re right to a degree however they are protected from a government level, they are untouchable from a prosecution point of view.
I’ll be stunned if they ever face trial as a club....

What happened to JW? I met him in barbaza club after the 1999 league win, he was hinging about amo Moore n vidmar... seemed staunch in those days.
Tries too hard to be neutral now that he's a "big timer" but does it to the point that he comes across as the biggest Celtic fan on that station and that's hard to do

He's become a bit of a twat but I'll never forget the magical STV teatime news with Jim and a film crew waiting at Glasgow Airport to welcome Graeme Souness as the new player-manager of Rangers.

Only because his jacket was on a shoogly nail ...something that every contracted football person does without the stigma that was attached to him .
There will be Rangers players iether with new clubs for next season or seeking them as i write .
The statement at that time was clearly worded to discredit Bread and Weir thereby deflecting criticism from themselves ...Off the top of my head Barnton , Miller, Weir , Wallace ,Bread and McInness have all had their reputations tainted by statements and such from within Ibrox .
We best be careful the football world doesnt view the managers job as any more toxic than it already does or all we will attract is novices or dross .

I’m howling at the “The statement at that time was clearly worded to discredit Bread”.

That’s brilliant. :D

Was this ever proven though or is it just going by the board statement. I’m not saying he didn’t want out by the way. Just wondering if it was a fact

He tried to do it again at Nottingham Forrest and got sacked. He got caught going for an interview with Swansea without Forrests prior consent. Swansea went with Carvahal instead.

For Warburton see murty . one system one tactic and no idea about defense .

The thing about this is Murty hasn't just played 1 system though. He had us playing a 4-4-2 diamond before we had the winter break & we were doing ok with that, even with Pena in the team! He changed it & now seems incapable of changing it back or changing things during a game that has any effect whatsoever

Heard Jim White presenting his show on Tuesday, he was saying that the fans would love Stuart McCall back in the dugout!! Then you had some no mark sidekick called Luke saying that Frank De Boer would have absolutely no interest and McCall or Nicholl would be more realistic. The show is an embarrassment to be honest.
Ffs McCall as manager would be welcomed by fans?! This guy is extracting the urine. The man is a scrotum. Truly bizarre individual.

If they put Murty out of his misery tomorrow it is getting done for one reason, to try and stop any heat they would receive from the support on Sunday.

If he is removed the board should still get pelters from the support.

He never said anything remotely interesting just that he would never speak about another manager, that he hopes Rangers are challenging soon and that he was disappointed his project was cut short with us

He never said anything remotely interesting just that he would never speak about another manager, that he hopes Rangers are challenging soon and that he was disappointed his project was cut short with us

He shouldn't have cut it short then.

FWIW i think we would be better off if we gave Warburton the Pedro money, but only marginally. I think he would have bought better indvidual players but his system would have continued to let him down.

He shouldn't have cut it short then.

FWIW i think we would be better off if we gave Warburton the Pedro money, but only marginally. I think he would have bought better indvidual players but his system would have continued to let him down.

MW was given around 3m.

Pedro the guts of 10m.

I agree with you btw

6_C013_F08-730_B-4_EA3-9204-4_C5_C3_ABB6_EFF.gif
That's a girls car he's in.

I know JW has his tongue right up the scums sphincter but when has he declared himself one of the rhats as a few have claimed?

Anyone else think we would probably be in a better position now if we had kept MW and gave him the same amount as Pedro to spend
Did the 1-5 Barton game at the piggery not happen or something? Warburton has been exposed as a fraud, and I say that as someone who bought into the whole Magic Hat shite.

Did the 1-5 Barton game at the piggery not happen or something? Warburton has been exposed as a fraud, and I say that as someone who bought into the whole Magic Hat shite.
I believe he is a better manager than both Pedro and murty. So merely suggested we would probably be in a better position if he was given the funds that Pedro had. Not saying he’s the answer but he was better than the 2 of them

Expect warburtons still under a gag order so anticipating some classic deflection:

'kennys a passionate guy, Joey's a passionate guy, sometimes they speak their mind, but you have to show respect. I wish rangers all the best, there's a lot of good people working very hard'

Yadda yadda yadda
You forgot to mention the "pitch geography"

Jim White reminds me of the old Only an Excuse show featuring Mo Johnston wearing the scarf with all the clubs colours on it.Changed it to suit the latest team that he had signed for.
Jim White sucks up whoever is winning.

Back