Martin Boyle

If he does indeed have a brand new baby in the house then I have to be honest, I cant bring myself to criticise him. I don’t think that is the decision I would have made, but I can’t say it’s the wrong one for him.

I say that as someone who didn’t meet his new grand-daughter for around a month after she was born because of COVID. I wouldn’t have refused to go to my work, but that's each individuals decision to make based on their own circumstances.

I don’t know his motives but you could have a fully legitimate argument for not playing against a team that has broken COVID protocols and refused further testing.
You have an even bigger legitimate argument that you shouldnt have to have a player making that kind of decision - the match should be awarded to Hibs 3-0.

Don't blame him. Safety first. Can't trust that mob to be honest in their testing
Refs should refuse to referee their games as well

Are babies more susceptible to the virus?
No, but it’s not just the baby to think about. There is his and his partner’s ability to care for a child if they get ill. Or the risk that shortly after giving birth she is likely to be at greater risk of illness / complications. Or that we don’t know if there long term impacts on babies being fed by women with the virus. The risks may be utterly infinitesimal, but it’s the mans child. I’m not going to criticise him if that genuinely his fear.

I say “If”. Let’s wait and see.

I know pregnant women are vulnerable not sure about newborn babies - but you don't take chances with children so if this is the case - then he's totally well within his right to protect his family first.

No, but it’s not just the baby to think about. There is his and his partner’s ability to care for a child if they get ill. Or the risk that shortly after giving birth she is likely to be at greater risk of illness / complications. And the fact that we don’t know the long term impacts on babies being fed by people with the virus. The risks may be infinitesimal, but it’s the mans child. I’m not going to criticise him if that genuinely his fear.
Fair play

This is the thing it's not the fault of players like him, it's the fact that these bastards have caused this and they are benefiting from it.

Back