Masterclass Collum

Also seems small at the time. But I’m pretty sure hatate pulls Raskin shirt with about 12 mins to go. He’s on a booking. It’s a second yellow. He had booked McGregor for same thing on halfway line. I’m happy to be corrected but at the time I was sure it was hatate.

It’s these small details over the 4 matches where they always seem ti gain the advantage.

Surely over four matches something goes Rangers way??

Roofe goal. Dessers goal .

Last match there Johnston Bernardo no second yellow.

Today no second yellow. For hatate or McGregor.

That does not mean rangers haven’t done the job required. Lacked a cutting edge. Shat it Vs Ross county and Dundee.

But you can also ask that ref does the job they are paid to do.
The refs have made it pretty clear they believe in this style of refereeing and integrity is not important. It is true what ref defenders/supporters say on the appointment thread it no longer makes much difference who refs that game they all know the score.

Be completely biased protect your career. Enjoy !

The cup final will probably be the same with some debatable calls going their way and no doubt a tim could have been sent off but the refs blanked it again cos he understands the fixture while Rangers must play by the rules and any poor discipline/late challenges will be cards. The part people ignore while wanting to focus on our players performance/errors is that Celtic did not play that well in old firm games this season, or even over the whole season, it was a close race between 2 average sides. If we get everything from refs or even some honesty and balance, we probably win it.

Its a tragic watching our fans sign up for years of this crap( what is that obsession with Celtic fans all about i never understand that stuff ?) i actually have sympathy for the board what can they do ? we have no support with other clubs and the media are totally behind any officials or people running the game that are biased against Rangers. It seems a large section of fans want to defend officials no matter how far they take it and worst of all our manager has pretty much said he wants no part in any debate about officials. He seems to think if you are really really polite and respectful maybe next time it might be ok....

I just want to add that im still angry with Lundstram for that challenge it is one of the most crazy things ive seen one of our players do and at such an important time in the game/season, but according to sfa rules is that a red card if the tackle is on a Rangers player ?

cos i think it can only ever be a yellow i dont think McLean gets involved if it was already given as yellow on the field. Possibly a 2nd yellow if someone has been booked but not red in old firms.

One of the problems with dishonest refereeing is that our players will get frustrated and at some point maybe even believe they can get away with the sort of challenges/tactics Celtic often do, you seen yesterday that is not how it works up here.

He's kicked Diomande in the leg and threw himself to the ground. Enough celtic cheerleaders will throw doubt on it, claim it was a 50/50 decision and we'll never hear of it again.

It had no bearing on the result but it's yet another big VAR decision going for celtic which is one in every old firm game since VAR was introduced.
It's a second yellow for a dive and brings it to 10 v 10 on the 55th minute.
It does have a bearing on the result.

Ultimately, Collum had little influence on the outcome of the game as we were dreadful. However, the ridiculous penalty decision just underlined the fact that he'd have been there to help out if they'd needed him.

I genuinely hate that in the last decade or so, a portion of our fans have turned into the paranoid nut cases we used to always slate that lot for being.

Anyone thinking Collum cost us that game yesterday are beyond delusional.

Got to be honest, I thought the ref had a good game and let a few that were probably fouls go for both teams, especially towards the end when it would have been easy for him to blow for a foul to them.

The penalty IMO he got it wrong, just as Robertson did earlier in the season. I guess he’s looked at it and felt Diomande has impeded O’Riley who had control of the ball. Boyd thought the same. I didn’t.

I actually don’t think he’s a cheat. I think at times he has just god awful games

I genuinely hate that in the last decade or so, a portion of our fans have turned into the paranoid nut cases we used to always slate that lot for being.

The most paranoid posters defend refs and tell us about that mob every 5 mins. I would guess, complete guess, that everyone on their side is quite happy with match officials. It is not the 90s.

I cant think of anything for them to moan about anyway, and i never see much luck going our way......the poor quality officials excuse has never really made much sense.

I think refs made the difference over 4 old firms that were all very close, i cant see us winning from a more difficult position next season with similar refereeing.

Teams and supporters who focus their scrutiny and energy on blaming the refs tend to win f*ck all.

Been involved in football a long time albeit at a low level, but always the same, refs fault excuse creeps in after every loss, you know you are looking for excuses and ultimately going to fail. It’s like a deflection tactics from admitting your own shortcomings.

99% of the time, your good enough you win. That’s the bottom line.

Last edited:
Collum didnt score an own goal, lose his man for a goal or make a crazy tackle….only one man that done all those things. I’m first to moan about refs and he wasnt perfect but we shot ourselves in the foot.

Teams and supporters who focus their scrutiny and energy on blaming the refs tend to win f*ck all.

Been involved in football a long time albeit at a low level, but always the same, refs fault excuse creeps in after every loss, you know you are looking for excuses and ultimately going to fail. It’s like a deflection tactics from admitting your own shortcomings.

99% of the time, your good enough you win. That’s the bottom line.

The worst case of referee cheating most of us have ever witnessed came in a 2-1 win for Rangers at Parkhead at the end of 2019. No 'excuse' needed then!

Celtic managed to win without scoring from the penalty spot yesterday but that does not mean we are wrong to highlight the penalty award as another instance in a pattern of behaviour when it comes to key decisions involving Rangers and Celtic.

Posters who go down this path of 'it all evens out, you're paranoid' must either put up or shut up. Provide a list of key decisions over the last few seasons that have seriously disadvantaged Celtic (outwith UEFA competitions, of course, where the rules are applied a tad differently as far as that club is concerned).

Genuinely can’t recall this tbh?
It was from a corner. 30 odd mins. Diomande looked like he was going to score with a header.
There was a very quick var check and there was one replay which I admit I didn’t see too great, but it did look like a decent claim.

Ultimately, Collum had little influence on the outcome of the game as we were dreadful. However, the ridiculous penalty decision just underlined the fact that he'd have been there to help out if they'd needed him.
he had a major influence especially first half where he gave them every single decision, the first decision to go in our favour was on the 96th minute.

Silva first half uses his strength to win the ball against their right back, he would have been able to run into the box at the touch line and who knows what wouldve happened, instead freekick to them.

he had a major influence especially first half where he gave them every single decision, the first decision to go in our favour was on the 96th minute.

Silva first half uses his strength to win the ball against their right back, he would have been able to run into the box at the touch line and who knows what wouldve happened, instead freekick to them.
The Silva one was blatant cheating. Sick of Rangers saying nothing.

McGregor should have been off yesterday as he could easily have been given two yellows with his behaviour and the way you could see him screaming at Collum and he was taking the abuse from him.

That's not what the thread is about.
It is totally irrelevant that we played shite.

Absolutely everybody knows we didn't deserve to win.

When will it sink in with some people that this thread is about the the referee's performance?

Is there some rule I don't know about that states you can only debate a ref's performance if we've played well and won?

Do you seriously think the ridiculous penalty should be entirely forgotten about and not discussed?

Don't be absurd.

When will it sink in with some people that this thread is about the the referee's performance?

Is there some rule I don't know about that states you can only debate a ref's performance if we've played well and won?

Do you seriously think the ridiculous penalty should be entirely forgotten about and not discussed?

Don't be absurd.
the thing is we're not very good yet celtic still need cheating ref's to help them get through games against us and other spl team, their non sending off against the sheep for example.

The worst case of referee cheating most of us have ever witnessed came in a 2-1 win for Rangers at Parkhead at the end of 2019. No 'excuse' needed then!

Celtic managed to win without scoring from the penalty spot yesterday but that does not mean we are wrong to highlight the penalty award as another instance in a pattern of behaviour when it comes to key decisions involving Rangers and Celtic.

Posters who go down this path of 'it all evens out, you're paranoid' must either put up or shut up. Provide a list of key decisions over the last few seasons that have seriously disadvantaged Celtic (outwith UEFA competitions, of course, where the rules are applied a tad differently as far as that club is concerned).
It’s unfathomable to me that folks can’t separate how these games are officiated from how Rangers perform during the game. It’s a very simple concept yet we continually get posts talking about it not making any difference yesterday because we were poor. Or comments like the penalty was missed so it doesn’t matter. Who needs enemies.

So why is this happening, is someone from Celtic sitting the ref down before the game or the start of the season and briefing / incentivising him? Are the refs colluding?

I don’t think you believe that btw and think you think something more subtle is going on, but I stick by my point, your good enough, you win, the top / best teams tend to get the decisions and the luck.

So why is this happening, is someone from Celtic sitting the ref down before the game or the start of the season and briefing / incentivising him? Are the refs colluding?

I don’t think you believe that btw and think you think something more subtle is going on, but I stick by my point, your good enough, you win, the top / best teams tend to get the decisions and the luck.
You saw what happened when Beaton suddenly went off-message at Tynecastle and told Robertson to review a possible Hearts penalty.

Although Robertson had the final call, Beaton copped all the flak. Rodgers piled in knowing Beaton would face dog's abuse. Rodgers got a token ban but the moral of the story was clear.

Going back almost a decade, look at the fall-out from Steven McLean's failure to penalise Inverness Caley Thistle player Josh Meekings for handball. Kevin McKenna even penned a piece for the Guardian insinuating the officials cheated. The Compliance Officer tried to ban Meekings from the final but was seen to be breaking the rules. Meekings has said he faced a torrid time on social media with threats of all descriptions being thrown at him.

Has Steven McLean given a borderline decision against Celtic since? He failed to send off Nawrocki at Pittodrie for a clear second yellow tackle.

Don't be absurd.
That’s absolutely fine.

There are, however, multiple people who are blaming Collum for the result itself, which is absurd.

If people are able to agree that we were terrible, Collum was terrible and that neither one impacted the other - no issue with that.

That’s absolutely fine.

There are, however, multiple people who are blaming Collum for the result itself, which is absurd.

If people are able to agree that we were terrible, Collum was terrible and that neither one impacted the other - no issue with that.
I think you’ve came in and made your comment without perusing the thread, Lex.

It’s pretty unanimous that we didn’t deserve anything from the game.

It doesn’t mean Collum isn’t a c*nt.

14 years without a Rangers penalty at the piggery.

Collum will more than pleased with his endeavours ever since 2010.
Serious question, how many "could" we have had?

Not being funny, but outside the handball furore from New Year, I can't remember us even being close to having earnt one, let alone be given one

Serious question, how many "could" we have had?

Not being funny, but outside the handball furore from New Year, I can't remember us even being close to having earnt one, let alone be given one

Well, when you see the blatant ones we've had denied down the decades, what makes you think we would never had had one, even by a ref error. ?

Well, when you see the blatant ones we've had denied down the decades, what makes you think we would never had had one, even by a ref error. ?

Okay, so what you're saying, is that for us to have gotten a penalty in the East End in the last 14 years, it would have needed to be a refereeing mistake?

The "not had a penalty in 14 years stat is great", but it doesn't even tell close to half the story really does it?

Okay, so what you're saying, is that for us to have gotten a penalty in the East End in the last 14 years, it would have needed to be a refereeing mistake?

The "not had a penalty in 14 years stat is great", but it doesn't even tell close to half the story really does it?

So what you're saying is not a debating device, mate.

You've been given clear evidence of Rangers being denied numerous shocking decisions at the piggery. If you think that still hasn't continued since then, then more fool you.

So what you're saying is not a debating device, mate.

You've been given clear evidence of Rangers being denied numerous shocking decisions at the piggery. If you think that still hasn't continued since then, then more fool you.
Of this evidence, which of these shocking decisions occurred in the last 14 years?

Bad decisions happen, that much we absolutely agree on

This stat of 14 years gets banded around like we're denied a stonewall penalty every time we go there... we aren't

It just reeks of "don't want the right decision, want the right decision for Rangers"

Of this evidence, which of these shocking decisions occurred in the last 14 years?

Bad decisions happen, that much we absolutely agree on

This stat of 14 years gets banded around like we're denied a stonewall penalty every time we go there... we aren't

It just reeks of "don't want the right decision, want the right decision for Rangers"

Off the top of my head.

From just last season.?

Alfie's goal being disallowed for no reason.

Johnston punching the ball out of play.

Johnston, already on a yellow, elbowing Sima in the face directly in front of the ref, and with no yellow card.

I'm sure others will post more from down the years.

Just deny it all you like, tbh.

Off the top of my head.

From just last season.?

Alfie's goal being disallowed for no reason.

Johnston punching the ball out of play.

Johnston, already on a yellow, elbowing Sima in the face directly in front of the ref, and with no yellow card.

I'm sure others will post more from down the years.

Just deny it all you like, tbh.
So going back to #236 where I say "outside the new year handball shambles, we've not been close to earning a penalty"

Your examples of the penalties we've been denied at Parkhead in the last 14 years.... aren't penalties?

That’s absolutely fine.

I certainly dont blame him for the result i thought the title was gone anyway but i do think the refs would have kept a tim on the pitch for the same tackle which was red, i also think the ref would have changed his decision on the penalty if he had given it to us which sounds a long shot.

Why is it ok to say he is terrible but any talk of bias results in these panic attacks ?

By saying they are terrible, hopeless refs and bias is impossible, all they are going to do is continue to ref the same way as that is what our rivals expect and demand from them.

So going back to #236 where I say "outside the new year handball shambles, we've not been close to earning a penalty"

Your examples of the penalties we've been denied at Parkhead in the last 14 years.... aren't penalties?

Your argument has now changed to penalties and not massive decisions against us. ? :))

What makes you believe that we get big decisions in our favour at the piggery.?

Give us a few, like the shockers against us that I've posted.

What if Celtic had not had a penalty at Ibrox in 14 years? How would that go down?

Your argument has now changed to penalties and not massive decisions against us. ? :))

What makes you believe that we get big decisions in our favour at the piggery.?

Give us a few, like the shockers against us that I've posted.
Are you just being deliberately obtuse? Or deliberately not reading what I've a) written, and b) replied too

For simplicity

I replied to you about no penalty at Parkhead in 14 years
I asked you what penalty we SHOULD have got at Parkhead, because outside of the handball furore at New Year, I can't remember one
You then provide "evidence" of shocking decisions from (mostly) the 1990s

And I'm the one thats changed the argument?

Enjoy your afternoon...

Back