Matt McGlone loses compensation claim against Scum

Bonnyloyal

A Celtic fan who intended to sue the club for £50,000 after claiming a spilled drink caused him to fall and suffer injuries, has been not been awarded any cash by Glasgow Sheriff Court.

Matt McGlone, 63, lodged papers at Glasgow Sheriff Court earlier this year for compensation.

The case was put on hold for months but the civil office confirmed that after a joint agreement by both sides, it resolved out-with court.

A sheriff granted the motion for ”absolvitor”, this means the outcome of the court is in favour of Celtic.

McGlone - editor of Celtic magazine Alternative View - claimed he suffered injuries as a result of his fall and posted pictures of them on his Twitter feed.

But, Celtic’s lawyers said the incident was McGlone’s own fault.

He was at Parkhead on December 3, 2014, with his teenage son to see Celtic beat Partick Thistle 1-0 when he slipped and hit his head on the metal part of a fold up seat.

McGlone, of Mosspark, suffered a deep cut over his forehead and was taken by ambulance to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

The papers he lodged also said he suffered a scar over his eye and was left with knee, neck and back pain.

It was claimed a drink was spilled on the ground at the stand, which was also wet due to fans bringing in rain water.

His legal team alleged the concrete floor was worn and slippy, causing McGlone to fall.

But in response, Celtic claimed McGlone, was rushing to meet his 13-year-old son.

They said: “It was his duty to watch where he was placing his feet.

“In each and all of these duties, the pursuer failed and by his failure, caused or materially contributed to the accident.”

McGlone said he had to have physiotherapy at the National Stadium Sports Health & Injury Clinic and was unable to work for two weeks following the accident.

Matt mcglone loses his court case against the time. Wanted 50 grand for falling over. Is this the clown that was crowd funding so he could report live every day at the Craig Whyte trial? Shame both sides couldn't have lost.

Will try get a link phone is playing up

They are so horribly scummy, sneaky and untrustworthy that even one of their own poster boys will turn against them for ten Bob.

That stadium is a death trap in many ways, but in this case, justice has been done. I hope his legal fees were heavy, heavy sprinkles

They are so horribly scummy, sneaky and untrustworthy that even one of their own poster boys will turn against them for ten Bob.

That stadium is a death trap in many ways, but in this case, justice has been done. I hope his legal fees were heavy, heavy sprinkles
It'll be that Pakistani sounding guy who calls me every few days from South Yorkshire to tell me I've had an accident in the last 3 years.

The Scottish Sun contacted Mr McGlone – editor of fanzine The Alternative View and author of Emotionally Celtic – after a cryptic tweet originating from a Celtic fansite’s Twitter page said someone had “won £25,000 from the club.”

Comments on the post then suggested that a settlement had been agreed between Mr McGlone and Celtic.

But in response to our approach, he blasted: “I have absolutely not received £25,000 from Celtic.

“I would like these cowardly people to say this to my face rather than hiding behind anonymous social media accounts.

They should be accountable for circulating these bogus rumours.

“I can categorically deny that I received £25,000 from Celtic.”

A sheriff granted the motion for ”absolvitor”, this means the outcome of the court is in favour of Celtic.
Spin at its finest. I imagine there was an out of court settlement with the proviso that McGlone's solicitor lodged a motion with the court craving that FC Bheast be assolized from the crave of the summons, as is common with the vast majority of personal injury actions lodged at Scotland's Sheriff Courts.

Thats them starting to click now, miles ahead of the rest in the courts. Not proven is in the bag this season, the Not guilty is theirs for the taking, there isnt a court in the country can beat this team.It could go down to the last case of the season. Definitely capable of gettin the clean sweep of all charges dropped.

The Scottish Sun contacted Mr McGlone – editor of fanzine The Alternative View and author of Emotionally Celtic – after a cryptic tweet originating from a Celtic fansite’s Twitter page said someone had “won £25,000 from the club.”

Comments on the post then suggested that a settlement had been agreed between Mr McGlone and Celtic.

But in response to our approach, he blasted: “I have absolutely not received £25,000 from Celtic.

“I would like these cowardly people to say this to my face rather than hiding behind anonymous social media accounts.

£24k then Matt...£23? Tell us when to stop.

You appear to have been paid something given it's written as "settled out of court"

Wouldn't be the first time Celtic have paid someone to go away over a complaint in terms of stories which have been in the news this past week.

Nearly got me there lol,
was believing it until it mentioned " He had to have 2 weeks off work "

So he was drunk and fell but blamed the ground.

Imagine turning on your own for a few coins.

Scum on scum always gets me Horny.

Spin at its finest. I imagine there was an out of court settlement with the proviso that McGlone's solicitor lodged a motion with the court craving that FC Bheast be assolized from the crave of the summons, as is common with the vast majority of personal injury actions lodged at Scotland's Sheriff Courts.

Yes - the court granting absolvitor by agreement tells us nothing about whether he received any compensation.

The out of court settlement might be anything from him getting bugger all to him getting paid compensation and an agreed sum of expenses.

All the best,ya ugly rat-faced Yahoo bastard.

2rgi15g.jpg

Matt mcglone loses his court case against the time. Wanted 50 grand for falling over. Is this the clown that was crowd funding so he could report live every day at the Craig Whyte trial? Shame both sides couldn't have lost.

Will try get a link phone is playing up

That was James Doleman - last I heard he was at deaths door - looks like he pulled through :(

So how much did you get Rhat?

If you settled out of court (and remember, it was you who brought the action) then you must gave filled your pockets somehow

Actually %^*& do I give a don't I?

Quite a few have been assolized there over the years.

Made a lady's front bottom of himself and fell and tried to even claim back money for 6 weeks worth of Paracetamol. You can get 30 for 39p :D

Sounds like they have agreed to pay his two weeks lost revenue.

Peter will no doubt be writing to the crowdfunders for their share of the payment.

Back