Maurice Ross on Radio Scotland

Maurice Ross talks like the History Teacher I used to have in school. Very articulate but you'd be firing rubbers at his heed as soon as his backs turned.

On Sportsound with Michael Stewart earlier reviewing yesterday.

He got absolutely tore into Lennon, celtic and in particular Griffiths for still not being fit.

Was almost laughing at how bad they are. Very entertaining stuff from the lad.
I was working yesterday and decided to have a wee listen to this, I was disgusted with myself as I actually thought that lady's front bottom Michael Stewart was quite balanced and fair in his comments!
Mo Ross was brilliant getting stuck into them..

Going to give this is a listen this morning. Sounds like a very good analysis from the snippets I have read on the thread.

Mo is just mirroring what a lot of our own level headed fans have been saying on here for a good 18 months now. The improvement in us under Gerrard has been vast, if you strip back the emotion and look at it logically, it's clear for anyone to see. Too many of our fans are obssessed with winning the title yesterday though and have no patience. The toys were well and truly flung out the pram again after dropping points at Livi and Hibs this season and no doubt will be again the next time we drop points.

The team is developing and gaining more experience season on season and our squad depth is far stronger now than it has been since Gerrard came here. I have been saying for months on here, we need to keep improving each season, each transfer window and when Celtic have a natural drop in standards, we will be right there ready to pounce. It looks like they are starting to have that natural drop, although they have still been winning most weeks their results have been papering over the cracks for months now. They have been rank rotten most weeks and you can't get away with it every single week forever. The minute Rodgers walked and was replaced by a far inferior manager it was fantastic news for us. Our coaching staff are on a totally different level to what Celtic have now and that is helping bridge the financial gap.

We've utterly dominated most Old Firm Games since Lennon came in. He doesn't have a clue how to counter the shape and tactics we employ. Rodgers would have found a solution long ago for countering what we do, but Lennon and his coaching staff are clueless. They just depend on having the better players and being old school motivators in the dressing room to get the players going.
I'd agree that Rodgers would fare better but with the squad they now have they would still be unable to select 11 to beat us. WRT lennon, obviously the UEFA pro licence isn't worth the paper it's written on.

What Saturday most uncomfortably revealed for them was that they are not well coached or drilled and do not appear to have a system that suits the players they have available to them. It seemed really apparent on Saturday that the players don’t have a clarity about what’s expected of them. We exploited all of that ruthlessly.

Lennon will get through most games by having better quality players than the opposition. Even when they struggle, he has the quality to dig him out. But that has limits, as we proved on Saturday, and umpteen European misadventures under Lennon have demonstrated.

If McInnes decides to drop the wee man mentality and actually instill some belief in his players that they can beat them, they have the players to cause celtic problems. But........

Maurice hit the nail on the head with his analysis and comments - the bit about thumbheid and his inability to get fit was brilliant! Didn't quite catch how he described their new LB???

Slightly concerned for the failed trialist though, wondering if he banged his head on Friday night and is still concussed? Or maybe he got his jotters from TTV???

I'd agree that Rodgers would fare better but with the squad they now have they would still be unable to select 11 to beat us. WRT lennon, obviously the UEFA pro licence isn't worth the paper it's written on.

What I am saying is Rodgers would have known we had found a system that was really difficult to play against and he would have done something to counter it. Rodgers is a fantastic coach, one of the best in the UK on the training field.

After we beat Celtic at Parkhead in December last year, that's what spooked Lennon into changing to a 352 because we had dominated them two games on the spin. Lennon is a motiavtor though he's not a coach. I doubt Celtic have worked a lot on that formation in training and drilled the shape into the players and where to be on and off the ball for all scenarios. Lennon knew he had to do something different, but all he could think of was lets do what Martin O'Neill did and get 3 big centre halves and look to bully them.

A bit like Neil McCann he’s far too astute with his understanding to be in the Scottish media.

Always talks well and he’s highly regarded in the coaching capacity, I believe he’s in Iceland?. Quite a few ex gers have been popping up in the Nordic countries.

A bit like Neil McCann he’s far too astute with his understanding to be in the Scottish media.

Always talks well and he’s highly regarded in the coaching capacity, I believe he’s in Iceland?. Quite a few ex gers have been popping up in the Nordic countries.
Motherwell coach now.

Back