Memories of the old Hampden 'schoolboys' enclosure

I was in there for Real Madrid v Eintracht European Cup Final 1960. Got tickets from lucky draw at school.

You lucky man. The greatest game my old man ever saw apparently...and he follow followed the Rangers until two weeks before he died.

I remember being in their for the 1978 game v England, which should have told us all we needed to know about our real World Cup prospects. A 1-0 loss to a team that didn't even make the finals. I was definitely there for the Argentina send off, truly the most embarrassing moment in Scottish football

I only recall watching two Scotland games from there although it might not have been called The Schoolboy enclosure. One was the draw when Colin Stein was denied a stoneway penalty being scythed by Mick Channon, I believe. The other game was the one when a punter ran on the pitch to giveBobby Moore a posy of pansies (or was it Alan Ball??) seem to recall we lost that one 1-0 or 2-0 (memory is a bit fuzzy on that one)

Was in there late sixties with school football team. Remember being outraged at Alan Ball blowing his nose on the SFA corner flag. Never liked the squeaky voiced Wee shite before or after that

Was in there late sixties with school football team. Remember being outraged at Alan Ball blowing his nose on the SFA corner flag. Never liked the squeaky voiced Wee shite before or after that
The man was a visionary.

Back