Official Merry Christmas – And Best Wishes For 2022!

Yes, sorry Sherpas (ethnic group from the area), not Gurkhas (soldiers), Nims Purja is an ex Gurkha and Sherpa, a good few of the Sherpas are too.

I love all the Jon Krakauer stuff, books and films Into Thin Air, Eiger Dreams etc.
Would really like to go and attempt to climb Everest, but I'm terrified of heights - probably why I find these books and films so incredible. I literally sweated my way thru Free Solo :)
Free solo was incredible even although you knew he succeeds you’re watching through your fingers.

Climbed in Himalayas (easy stuff) and the Sherpas are incredibly fit and strong despite their size. There must be world championships in all sorts of sports could come out of that community if they competed. It’s quite something to see a guy half your size carting twice what you can up a hill all day and at twice the speed. Went with a pal on my own and we soon learned that if they told us it was 2 or 3 hours to the next place it was in fact a day! And that was them fully loaded and us carrying ridiculously little gear.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Looking forward to The Rangers giving us the present we all want tomorrow which is 3 points and a great performance.

Merry Christmas everyone and here’s to remembering a magnificent 2021, and looking forward to a huge 2022 when we see 56 delivered.

Great time to be a Rangers fan.

Merry Christmas to all Bears, Bearettes but especially the wee Cubs. Hope Santa was good to you. Have a great day. MB and Family.

Here’s tae us, wha’s like us.

Merry Christmas to the Rangers family from GVB & the team through our worldwide fan base to the newest members who are being born as we speak.

We really are the people.

Merry Christmas bears

Hope you all have a great day whatever you’re doing and the new year is a good one for all of us, including the arrival of 56 x

lrgscale614067-0-1.jpg

Merry christmas folks.

Great photo. She’s lucky. You must be very proud of her.

Would love to go there and should have. Travelled three or four times a year to India for a decade and talked to the GMs personal assistant several times about setting it up. But those trips were long enough without tacking another three or four days on and I never pulled the trigger on it which I regret now.

Merry Christmas from the DFW metroplex where we are in for a record high today, 29.5 C. Family will be up soon, open the presents then the oldest and I are off for a bike ride. Bliss.

Merry Christmas bears all over the world

Wishing you all time well spent with those who matter.

Stay safe, stay strong and 56 is looking more and more likely.

Merry Christmas to the Rangers family the world over; and to the FF family especially; a place I turn to whenever I feel the need to be among my own people. Have the best of days, my friends. WATP.

My niece works in Kathmandu. She was repatriated this summer due to COVID. I sent her back back appropriately kitted out.

Recently she went on a trek over 7 days, staying overnight in ‘tea houses.’ On one overnight a local said to her ‘Glasgow Rangers, are you Scottish?’ The famous indeed.

She gave me permission to post, go easy on her!

Suitably dressed for an afternoon stroll up the gentle slopes of Annapurna, I note.

All the best bears/bearetts. Hope you all have great Xmas day and a happy and prosperous new year.
As per the Queen’s tradition we are all getting weighed before dinner and then at midnight. Prize for most weight gained :D years subscription to Weightwatchers;)
Onwards to a relentless 56
WATP

Merry Christmas to all Rangers fans and FF'ers, been brilliant on here the past year. On to #56.

Back