Message from Gio

Simply because the recent results haven't been good enough, however that's not what I was replying to.

You said he'd set us back 4 years and I said that was clueless pish, which was probably being kind to you.
I think your clueless and that's being kind I'm a rangers fan I won't accept getting tanked off the scum

Very classy.

Everyone should ‘like’ this to feed back we appreciate his efforts at least.

I rarely use my instagram account but did just that.

Classy words but I expected nothing less from Gio because he’s a good man. I’m gutted it didn’t work out. But unless we overhaul their squad of absolute chancers Gio won’t be the last one to part ways having failed to knock the scum off their perch.

He gave his all, was a kick away from immortality, he won us a domestic cup - something we hadn’t seen in 10+ years. That’s without talking about some of the results in Europe.

An honest, hard working, well presented, likeable man who had the privilege of playing for and managing Rangers.

There will be regrets but you can’t go back in time. Health, happiness and success in you and your families future.

One of the good guys. All the best, Gio.

A player for us and then a manager who came and gave his all. The management part has ended now.The what if might be there for some if he got more time and a free run of injuries but that is now history.
Wish him every success for the future.
Once a Ranger indeed Gio.

I'll take that as a compliment, coming from you.

One of the main reasons Gio got sacked was the doings at the piggery and it was the correct decision.

None of that changes you saying he's set us back 4 years as being clueless pish though.
We never got pumped 4 nil off anyone under gerrard

I wish Gio all the best and thank him for his service.

It didn't quite work out for him, but he carried himself well in my opinion.

Wtf has that got to do with you saying Gio's set us back 4 years?

Just admit it was clueless pish from you and we can move on.

I've already said it was the correct decision for Gio to leave Rangers.
It's not clueless he has set us back that's another league flung away

It's not clueless he has set us back that's another league flung away

So did Gerrard set us back 4 years, by not winning the league in his first 2 seasons?
I'd say we progressed each season, despite winning nothing.

Not even taking into account our first SC victory since 2009, along with the wonderful achievement of reaching the Europa Final, the revenue Gio has generated through last season's Europa run, alongside CL group qualification this season, has moved our club on to a far more secure financial footing.

Things were pretty desperate financially, after COVID.

The more rational Rangers supporters will agree that it was the right decision for Gio to leave, but also acknowledge the financial situation we would currently be in, had Gio not reached the Europa Final and made the CL groups.

We owe him a debt of thanks and should wish him well.

A classy message from a Rangers manager, as one would expect. Gio provided unbelievable memories for all of us, such a shame his tenure can only be measured in months and not years.

Class as expected by Gio. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.
The last part is certainly concerning.
I still think Park as Chairman is the main issue. I’m sure some of the current board, also want him and his boy, to step down

So did Gerrard set us back 4 years, by not winning the league in his first 2 seasons?

Not even taking into account our first SC victory since 2009, along with the wonderful achievement of reaching the Europa Final, the revenue Gio has generated through last season's Europa run, alongside CL group qualification this season, has moved our club on to a far more secure financial footing.

The more rational Rangers supporters will agree that it was the right decision for Gio to leave, but also acknowledge the financial situation we would currently be in, had Gio not reached the Europa Final and made the CL groups.

Nonsense owe him no thanks I want league titles

Nice message from Gio. Will always hold him in high regard. Did great for us to a recent point.

Not sure what the difficult circumstances are though, unless it’s injuries. Wonder if that will come to light eventually.

All the best Gio.

In what way did we progress in Gerrard’s second season? Capitulated at the half way point again and were in absolute free fall when covid halted the season and probably saved his job. I wouldn’t say his final few months showed progress either, we looked unfit and out of ideas against a 10 man Swedish mob, and we dropped loads of points earlier on where as the year before we’d be on fire.

All the best Gio for the future and thanks for taking us on our great European adventure last year. You will always be welcome back at Ibrox as you are part of the family. All the best to you and your family.

Nice guy, shame it never worked out but still have great memories of him as a player and took on the challenge to manage us.

Wish him all the best.

He’s hardly set us back 4 years has he?

You also have to factor in the impact Ross Wilson has on all of this, the fact he’s still there robbing a wage makes me as angry as anything else does at this point.
I hold Wilson and the board just as responsible as gio

Nice words from Gio, I wonder what he is referring to here?

“I faced unique challenges and some very difficult circumstances to operate in.”
All 4 centre backs injured and senior pros downing tools and telling Wilson they want Beale back?

Nice message from Gio. Will always hold him in high regard. Did great for us to a recent point.

Not sure what the difficult circumstances are though, unless it’s injuries. Wonder if that will come to light eventually.

All the best Gio.

Ross Wilson, the root cause of most of the issues since the summer of 2021.

No because there was clear improvement gio went back the way

Not strictly true.

In both his first 2 seasons, we fell off a cliff after the winter break, with poor league form and humiliating cup defeats.

Tbh though, there's no point in discussing this any further, as you haven't been able to show any evidence for your nonsensical claim that Gio "set us back 4 years."

Even a blind man can see the difference Gio has made to the financial stability of our football club.

He had a group of players who could beat Dortmund, Leipzig, Celtic in a cup tie, but the same group who could capitulate against a dreadful Hibs team ( i know he wasnt in charge), shit the bed at Parkhead twice, and roll over to European infamy.
He carries the burden with the role, but i'm still not in the mood for forgiving some of the shysters that are in our squad.

I have got nothing but the upmost respect for Gio, I am being genuine when I say that the Rangers Managers jobs is amongst the very toughest jobs in club Football the World over.
Brazil National Manager I’d give top billing for the baby boom that success brings and genuine health problems defeat provides.
Wasn’t meant to be but he was a credit to us all and left our club and support with Generational memories of stories and joy

Not strictly true.

In both his first 2 seasons, we fell off a cliff after the winter break, with poor league form and humiliating cup defeats.

Tbh though, there's no point in discussing this any further, as you haven't been able to show any evidence for your nonsensical claim that Gio "set us back 4 years."

Even a blind man can see the difference Gio has made to the financial stability of our football club.
He's not the manager to control the finances of the club don't know why you keep bringing that up.the most embarrassing results I've ever seen us witness in Europe and pumped off them and showed no sign of turning things round. That money brought in doesn't look as good when you pay him off and get a new manager.

Hard to not feel sorry for Gio,he's left us all with some great memories during his short tenure in charge.
I wish him nothing but the best and as many have said a classy statement from a classy guy.

You know any time I watched that film I always thought the grub looked banging :oops:

Anyway that was unfair on Gwildor, he helped defeat Skeletor, I dunno what our version is doing.
Was too busy eyeing up the real treat in that scene. Dolph Lundgren!

I am of course referring to Courtney Cox

Back