Message from Gio

It’s a bloody shame the week’s building up to Seville where amazing we where walking about 10ft tall,that mob had won the League but couldn’t celebrate not knowing what was to happen in Seville sadly we fell at the very last hurdle for that I thank you Gio and wish you all the very best .

A very classy and dignified statement from Gio, thank you Gio for all the good memories of our European run and Scottish Cup win last season, unfortunately as stated circumstances didn't help this season.
You will never be forgotten at Ibrox and will always be welcome, it's good to know that will always be a staunch Rangers Man.

I did want to see him go, but it worries me that whatever is going on in the background will result in a similar outcome, whoever the manager.

A very classy statement. Feel genuine sadness it ended like this
Me too, I had really hoped it would be a good outcome for Gio.

He had a mountain to climb with the amount of injuries sustained this season, so he is not entirely accountable that we've struggled.

Some will argue about his fitness techniques, the other side of that could be the amount of games our players played last season, and if that had an effect.

As it is though, I wish Gio the best of luck.

My guess is he is referring to a combination of injuries and us not have much to spend on players due to the SD settlement, EH spiralling costs and possibly even this new elite issue.

He could also be hinting that Wilson and the board are incompetent. It will be interesting if he does more detailed interviews

Maybe a confidentially on his contract terms ? Who knows? I don't think what he has to cause mischief of that is what you are implying.
I’m not saying he done it to cause mischief I’m saying he’s said something that’s been left open to interpretation & opened a can of worms needlessly ,which it has,as the media are all over it already.

I loved Gio as a player & he took us to places & gave us performances in Europa League that will take some beating.

The thing I love most is that it has ended in a decent/ professional way.

I got to experience a Europa cup final because of Gio. This is something that I will never forget. He did give us some incredible memories which will stay forever. Thanks for everything, Gio, and really sorry it didn't work out long-term.

A very classy and dignified statement from Gio, thank you Gio for all the good memories of our European run and Scottish Cup win last season, unfortunately as stated circumstances didn't help this season.
You will never be forgotten at Ibrox and will always be welcome, it's good to know that will always be a staunch Rangers Man.
Well said

Pity the way it ended but it was necessary.

However, regardless of who we get in to replace Gio, we might get the new manager bounce but it will only be a quick fix.

Let’s not forget the part that Wilson and the board played in our shambles this year.

It was right to remove Gio of his duties but he was only part of the problem.

I did want to see him go, but it worries me that whatever is going on in the background will result in a similar outcome, whoever the manager.

Yip.

Unless we have a complete overhaul and change of policy (Or whatever passes as policy right now) then whoever comes in is in the same boat.

“The opportunity to manage an institution like Rangers FC is a privilege which very few are afforded. As a former player, I understood the responsibility and magnitude of the task.

My back room staff and I worked with energy, passion and were driven with a belief that we could achieve amazing things. We treated our roles with respect, optimism and determination.

We experienced some incredible highs, especially on our European journey to Seville. Winning the Scottish cup for the first time in over a decade and qualifying for the group stage of the champions league is something I am very proud of. The passion of our support drove us on to achieve those wonderful memories. For that, I am forever grateful to every single one of you who travelled near and far, spent your hard earned money, and never gave up supporting our team.

This season, like every year at Rangers the first priority is domestic success. I understand the hurt when wins become draws, and worse, when we experience defeat. That isn’t acceptable at a club of Rangers standing, no one understood that and felt that more than I did. I faced unique challenges and some very difficult circumstances to operate in.

Rangers FC will always be in my heart and I wish the club all the success for the future. Once a Ranger, always a Ranger. “
Gio is a classy guy never want any Rangers mangers to fail especially when he's one of our own, thanks for the highs Gio. Unfortunately it wasn't to be good luck in future endeavours.

Injuries are not unique challenges in football.
I’m not sticking up for him, I was in he “times up” camp, and I do think he should have been playing better stuff before and after the injury list grew, having said that, we did / are having some rotten luck with injuries.

Sad it ended like this but that’s the way it goes, he was unlucky with injuries etc and wee bit of luck here and there but style of play was poor, not the most animated on the sidelines and players fitness was not what it was previously so he had to go but wish him well in the future, Also I was very surprised he never brought more Dutch players with him if that’s the style of play he pursued

Rather strange that only some players have liked his message

McGregor for example has liked a more recent post by Super Ally but hasn’t liked Gio’s.

You can say what you want about him and some of the stuff on here has been way over the top, but that is a class statement. I wish him and his staff the best of luck in whatever they do next.

Rather strange that only some players have liked his message

McGregor for example has liked a more recent post by Super Ally but hasn’t liked Gio’s.

I can't see McGregor having an issue with Gio.

His approach to the Internet is probably as nonchalant as it is to interviews :D

A classy guy , we may one day find out why it all went sour so quickly , l wish him happiness and success in his future endeavours .

Hes right.

Gio could have said anything, and it would be turned into "Crisis at Rangers".

The fans know the issues, but it doesn't stop the dying media from creating something bigger out of it.
He’s not right at all,the statement would have been there in black & white without the controversial lines,there’s nothing anyone in the media could’ve done at all.

He’s not right at all,the statement would have been there in black & white without the controversial lines,there’s nothing anyone in the media could’ve done at all.

Mate, we could release accounts, for instance, saying we're 100 million in profit, stamped and certified and there would be ridiculous holes picked.

The (Ex) managers statement was always going to be taken and ran with regardless of content.

Another unique circumstance is that the league is so bad that Sellik, with their financal advantage, will be racking up 100 points every year.

The margin for error is basically zero, so if your signings, fitness and squad depth isn't spot on, or your luck is out for a month or two, the league can be gone by October.

Sellik knew that after our 67 game season, the potential was there that our very busy August could be a massive factor. It was and we are putting ourselves in a similar position next year.

Last edited:
Back