Message from Gio

He needed to go, but Gio can always have that night v Leipzig and no one will take that away from him. The Europa League run all of it in tsvtt.

I cut him slack with the injuries and not getting backed after PSV. He's always welcome back. Good luck GVB

Not any players liking or commenting on Gio's post. Obviously been plenty going on behind the scenes.

I wonder what he's alluding to with the unique challenges and difficult circumstances? Is it similar to what Gerrard was saying re: the board do we think? Or solely injuries?

Not any players liking or commenting on Gio's post. Obviously been plenty going on behind the scenes.
There was only a few when Gerrard left. They’re probably too ashamed for as much as the tactics and style was poor under Gio every single player probably outwith Colak have been nothing short of a disgrace to the club and themselves

Ive said it all along. Was treated very poorly by the board and was incredibly unfortunate with injuries.

We sign 3 impact players last January and we would have won the league. He got a perma-injured Ramsey, a kid from Man Utd and a utility player. Then after getting us into the Champions League he got shafted again. Budget spent on an unfit CB, a project LB and a raw RW who actually plays LW. Compound all of that with an injury crisis ive never known before and i have a whole lot of sympathy.

For me his biggest problem was he was too nice. But the guys a class act and i will never forget the run to Seville. Gio should always be welcome at Ibrox.

I wonder if the bit in there about working in difficult circumstances is a dig at the board or a reference to injuries.
Maybe a change of manager might not give us the complete fix we are looking for, but it's a start because if Michael Beale doesn't work out, I suspect the support will start looking beyond the manager to diagnose the problems.

Classy words.

Spending time with my best friend watching Rangers in a European final with a room full of half cut bluenose friends and family and us nearly taking the roof off the place when Aribo scored was a genuine once in a lifetime experience.

Unfortunate that it didn’t work out with us but I wish him all the very best.

Last edited:
There was only a few when Gerrard left. They’re probably too ashamed for as much as the tactics and style was poor under Gio every single player probably outwith Colak have been nothing short of a disgrace to the club and themselves
Colak and Tav have liked it from what I can see. Might be more who I don't follow. But you're right, most should be keeping their heads down until they follow Gio out the door.

A Rangers player who won a treble and who scored in a cup final, home and away v Celtic and in the Champions League. A Rangees manager who won the Scottish Cup and took us to a European final.

It didn't work out for him, and it was right he left. But Gio's place in Rangers history is there for all to see.
A modern day legend of Rangers and Scottish football.

I wonder if the bit in there about working in difficult circumstances is a dig at the board or a reference to injuries.
Maybe a change of manager might not give us the complete fix we are looking for, but it's a start because if Michael Beale doesn't work out, I suspect the support will start looking beyond the manager to diagnose the problems.

Nice words from Gio, I wonder what he is referring to here?

“I faced unique challenges and some very difficult circumstances to operate in.”
That will be injuries, transfers, cash, training and fitness?

Last year he and we had a treble within our grasp! He should have come back meaner and whipped everyone into shape sorry it didn't work out!

Very classy from a classy man and a legendary Rangers figure.

He only got a year, unfairly, but he produced memories for us as fans that we could only have dreamed about 5-10 years previous.

He will get a job somewhere, his cv and character is far too good not to.

The very, very best of luck Gio. I’m highly doubtful that his replacement will have as much class and dignity as he had, and he carried himself in the way a Rangers manager should.

As with any Rangers manager it is sad when it gets to the point they need to go.

I don't think it was all his fault, but his time was up and I wish him the best.

Colak and Tav have liked it from what I can see. Might be more who I don't follow. But you're right, most should be keeping their heads down until they follow Gio out the door.
I don’t follow any mate not that they’ve done anything just find footballers pages pretty boring but aye there’s more I want out the door than I want to see stay. Going to be a massive summer ahead

Ive said it all along. Was treated very poorly by the board and was incredibly unfortunate with injuries.

We sign 3 impact players last January and we would have won the league. He got a perma-injured Ramsey, a kid from Man Utd and a utility player. Then after getting us into the Champions League he got shafted again. Budget spent on an unfit CB, a project LB and a raw RW who actually plays LW. Compound all of that with an injury crisis ive never known before and i have a whole lot of sympathy.

For me his biggest problem was he was too nice. But the guys a class act and i will never forget the run to Seville. Gio should always be welcome at Ibrox.
I said at the time we needed players in January to push for the title and we never got them like you've said.
It was notable that on the Ramsey signing video, Gio was nowhere to be seen.
Ross Wilson was all over it though.

And the change in narrative from those who wanted him gone too is hilarious

Now he's a nice guy, few weeks back we all wanted blood, we done this and it was correct

The vast majority of us who knew it was time for change didn't see the need to abuse him though

As I said previously, his statement is dignified and shows his love and respect for our club.

Could you say the same about the sly and underhand way Souness and Gerrard left us?
Don't remember a similar classy statement from either of them either.

Was a huge critic of his management but never as a man. He is a genuinely good guy and I wish him all the best.

The end of the statement is telling. This board have taken us as far as we can go.

Injuries are not unique challenges in football.

Losing your 4 1st choice central defenders and having to play an 18 year old, who's miles away from the level required to play in our first team possibly is though.

Could you imagine celtic without Jenz, Vickers, Starfelt and Welsh all at the same time, or Walter without Gough, Roberts, Butcher and Brown, again all at the same time?

I've never known any manager to be without 4 central defenders, all at the same time.

Some appointments work out, others don’t.

No one will be more disappointed about our season so far than Gio.

I bear him no ill will. I hope he finds great success in his next role.

The vast majority of us who knew it was time for change didn't see the need to abuse him though

As I said previously, his statement is dignified and shows his love and respect for our club.

Could you say the same about the sly and underhand way Souness and Gerrard left us?
Don't remember a similar classy statement from either of them either.
Good point both have regrets now

Still think we will regret the rush to sack him. The first of many until there is change at the top.

He took on a team that won the league by 25 points and turned us into a weak side devoid of ideas. Not winning a Europa League trophy doesn't change that fact.
How has he sent us back to 2018 when Gerrard walked in the door and we'd just finished third in the league and were papped out of the EL QR1. Let's hear it?

Very classy from a classy man and a legendary Rangers figure.

He only got a year, unfairly, but he produced memories for us as fans that we could only have dreamed about 5-10 years previous.

He will get a job somewhere, his cv and character is far too good not to.

The very, very best of luck Gio. I’m highly doubtful that his replacement will have as much class and dignity as he had, and he carried himself in the way a Rangers manager should.
It's a pity the players couldn't follow his example of being a class act.

Losing your 4 1st choice central defenders and having to play an 18 year old, who's miles away from the level required to play in our first team possibly is though.

Could you imagine celtic without Jenz, Vickers, Starfelt and Welsh all at the same time, or Walter without Gough, Roberts, Butcher and Brown, again all at the same time?

I've never known any manager to be without 4 central defenders, all at the same time.
Its not unique if the majority of those out are injury prone. That's bad recruitment, perhaps reading between the lines that is what he means.

Back