Michael Beale

I couldn’t think of anything more boring than being an aspiring football manager yet being assistant coach at Aston f*cking Villa.

Never in their dreams could they even finish 6th or 7th to get a measly UEFA Conference position. They just exist and that’s about it.

It’s a club for losers and the unambitious.

Has been heavily linked with the Charlton job. Gerrard making noises about it that he hopes he stays with him as part of “the journey”, but he wouldn’t stand in anyone’s way. Reckon he is ready to cut the strings and give it a go on his own. Will watch with interest.
Likewise I would watch with interest and best wishes. Would be interesting to see how he got on by himself, he just always struck me as having "something" about him, whether that something makes him a manager or not is a different matter :)

Charlton are muck and have a bellend of an owner. He could do much better.

Cardiff were linked pretty heavily with him last year and they play in the division above.

Its gonna happen sometime for Beale you'd think. Also as much as Gerrard would miss him you'd have to think with 4 years experience he's better equipped to cope without him. Dunno if he could bring in someone else for that type of role, someone I know at Villa said Gerrard's team collectively was one of the biggest at any PL club

Its gonna happen sometime for Beale you'd think. Also as much as Gerrard would miss him you'd have to think with 4 years experience he's better equipped to cope without him. Dunno if he could bring in someone else for that type of role, someone I know at Villa said Gerrard's team collectively was one of the biggest at any PL club

It's not gonna happen for Gerrard at Villa really is it?

I reckon it is a bit now or never for him. He needs to become the top man or won’t ever know if it does suit him. Always came across as someone with the ambition.

Will be very interesting to see how Gerrard fares without him.

Fwiw I think his influence was overplayed by our fans. Interesting to see though.

Ive always thought that. Tactically Gio has shown more flexibility than we ever did. We were more of a "do plan A better team" with Beales input.

Not saying he wasnt good at what he did, but i think Gerrard and his persona, was the greater asset for us.

Time will tell. I certainly wish Beale well though.

I think Beale's better holding off for a better job than Charlton... One of the Championship teams maybe? I think Gerrard will struggle without him or, if he's not reliant on his hitman he'll need to trust himself more. Could be good for him, who knows.

If Warburton can do it then, in my opinion, so can Beale. His standing in the game from players will be higher and that will give him the respect and time he will need.

Players are keen to learn now and there doesn’t appear to be the dressing room cliques that existed not too long ago.

If players think they’re progressing and any dissenters appear, they’ll soon boot out the dissenters.

In modern football where coaches work with players bought by the DOF, then Beale should be a success.

Where it leaves Gerrard tactically, we can only see.

If it happens, good luck Michael.

I have it from the horses mouth (Beale himself) that it’s in his plans to return to us one day. I will watch with interest as his career progresses but he loves it here and wants to come back at some point.
I spoke to his Mrs when she was selling the house to move down with him and she said the same thing that they hoped to be back at us someday.

I loved Beale and thank him hugely for the job he did but, in game at least, Gio is a different level tactically.
Serious question, is it Gio, or Voss, or Makaay, or a combination of the three? We all knew and understood the dynamic of Gerrards management team down to Culshaw on set pieces etc. but I don’t think the fanbase knows much about how Gio’s operates.

Could see him taking it.

The "journey" was ultimately going to Liverpool and taking over from Klopp and he's now signed a new deal, which puts that to bed.

Serious question, is it Gio, or Voss, or Makaay, or a combination of the three? We all knew and understood the dynamic of Gerrards management team down to Culshaw on set pieces etc. but I don’t think the fanbase knows much about how Gio’s operates.

I think tactically this time it's Gio with input from the others. The Dutch tend to be like that.

For what it's worth, I don't think we've ever had a guy who sees the game quite like Gio sees it in game and I include his old Rangers gaffer in that.

Ive always thought that. Tactically Gio has shown more flexibility than we ever did. We were more of a "do plan A better team" with Beales input.
Don’t know if I agree with that entirely but tbf most teams have certain principles they’ll always stick by. Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc. And obviously they’re better than us but the gap between us and most Scottish teams is bigger than the gap between Liverpool & a Crystal Palace, for example

I think tactically this time it's Gio with input from the others. The Dutch tend to be like that.

For what it's worth, I don't think we've ever had a guy who sees the game quite like Gio sees it in game and I include his old Rangers gaffer in that.
When you think of the things he’s seen with Holland, Arsenal us and Barca - Wenger, Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Advocaat it’s no wonder he’s good tactically!

I don’t think Gerrard will ever manage Liverpool. His management team are stuck with Villa. If Villa were a colour they would be beige. Never winning anything, wont be relegated, won’t win a cup but won’t be beat by a minnow. Dull as dishwater. Beale should have done his own thing after Rangers.

Why? Got all the time in the world for Beale. Zero for Gerrard.

Whether you like it or not, we are not where we are without Gerrard. He transformed our club from fighting it out with Aberdeen for second place, to winning the league, and being a European force again. The team that just fell short of winning a second European trophy was ultimately a Gerrard team. Stop acting like a jilted lover and move on.

We don’t need to know. As long as it works, that’ll do for me.

I don't think it'll be long before Beale goes off on his own. The ideas man becoming their own coach doesn't always work. I hope he has the man management skills to make it.

Back