Middlesbrough give Lifetime ban to supporter who encouraged his child onto the pitch at full time

Ronson. Lifetime seems a bit harsh, but these idiots need an example and unfortunately for him he's it.

Four other banning orders expected to be issued.

Very worthwhile highlighting this today, as if we get by RB on Thursday I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw scenes like the end of the legends game
Sledgehammer to crack a nut. If they had banned him for a season the message would have got through.

Ronson. Lifetime seems a bit harsh, but these idiots need an example and unfortunately for him he's it.

Very worthwhile highlighting this today, as if we get by RB on Thursday I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw scenes like the end of the legends game
Well done!

Banning a guy that has probably put a fair whack of money into the club he loves and bringing his boy up as a Boro fan too for life is excessive imo.

It's a stupid trend at the moment but to be banned for life from a thing you love for something so minor is overkill.

Banned for a season like posted above would be better.

I am a bit torn on this. A lifetime ban seems excessive but on the other hand if there was fair warning this would be the outcome then he can’t really complain.

Sledgehammer to crack a nut. If they had banned him for a season the message would have got through.

I imagine the "lifetime ban" will not last that long and they will be allowed back in maybe a season later with little fuss.

Hopefully the point will get across and people will remember the lifetime part and it will be enough to stop it from being so popular.

Banning a guy that has probably put a fair whack of money into the club he loves and bringing his boy up as a Boro fan too for life is excessive imo.

It's a stupid trend at the moment but to be banned for life from a thing you love for something so minor is overkill.

Banned for a season like posted above would be better.
I agree with this. I have a mate whose Mrs has done this with their lad, did it at the legends game and also at another ground.

Then took loads of pictures, uploaded to social media for likes.

It’s cringeworthy and needs stopped but they are a family of good bears and a life ban is to much.

Lifetime is a bit harsh mind when they harp on about rehabilitation.

They should probably do a big campaign throughout the Leagues saying from next season it is an instant lifetime ban now mind, send a clear message - if you do it then you are just daft and deserve all you get.

Extremely harsh I don’t condone the actions of entering the field of play but a lifetime ban is ridiculous

Bit more to it than it seems tbf. It was during the game not even after the game had finished and the club are saying that when the dad was told to leave he was abusive to the staff. Stoke went on to score in the added time that resulted and even though Middlesbrough won 3-1 that goal could still impact their chances of a play off place.

I was at the game on Saturday, the guy that’s received the ban was for his kid entering the pitch during the game, minutes before they made a PA announcement saying that the players wanted to come back out onto the pitch after FT but would only do so if supporters remained in the stand. That announcement was made again several times after the FT whistle where 3 others ran onto the pitch. Eventually the players did come back out and by the time they got half way round two boys ran on to take pictures with them and were greeted with a chorus of boos from the fans.

Surely got to be more to it, life ban is extremely harsh!

Edit, yeah just seen post #30. Fair enough - prick!!

I hate it but there’s probably far worse in the stands in other ways at Ibrox

I’d say a season at most for first. Or even X amount of games.

Edit - Seen post 30 which obviously explains more

I agree with this. I have a mate whose Mrs has done this with their lad, did it at the legends game and also at another ground.

Then took loads of pictures, uploaded to social media for likes.

It’s cringeworthy and needs stopped but they are a family of good bears and a life ban is to much.
So she done it twice? Life time ban imo.

There's more to the story.

The statement alleges that the father encouraged his son to enter the field of play and recorded the incident on his mobile phone. They say that on returning to his seat they were asked by stewards to leave the stadium but were threatening and abusive to the stadium staff.

Mind the guy who went running to the FF Facebook page greeting because a steward stopped his wean going on at Ibrox?

These people are more often than not absolute pond life who would sell their wean for social media likes. Ban them all.

Totally agree. That kid will be devastated. A season ban would have got the message across. A lifetime ban is Stalinist.

On the face of it seems a little harsh but at the same time they need to nip it in the bud. The only problem they will have is if they get promoted in future and people run on. Will they get banned also?

I doubt he'll actually get banned for life but it's a deterrent to others and sends out a message.

In x amount of months it'll be reviewed.

Well done.

It needs stamped out. Utter farcical behaviour

Back