Middleton joins Hibs on loan - Confirmed

Does anyone remember how hivs acted towards us when we tried to buy Allen? They wouldn’t sell to a direct rival et al? How Petrie led the charge to kill us?

%^*& those cunts, as I’ve said before we should never engage them, the operational board are so far removed. They embrace subservience with the mhedia and PR, they embrace subservience across police and other authorities, spineless.

Honestly folk taking the bait from 12 year old virgins on twitter is amazing.

The majority of Hibs fans are happy to see him join, high school weans on twitter don’t speak on behalf of a clubs support.

You only have to look at our twitter to work that out.

If things go pear shaped for Hibs this year. Not a good place for a young bear!

While I understand he may be able to hurt opponents, can't play against us and according to SG this was the players choice, I don't think this should ever have reached the negotiation stage.
They should have been told flat out, straight to their two faces, that under no circumstance will we do business with people who hate us, make no secret of it and were very prominent in trying to kill us off.

Suppose he has a great season, is instrumental in gaining them points and thus higher prize money, enabling them to sign players who will be able to play against us.

It's obvious that there are many people now at the Club who were not there during the period when Hibs were trying to kill us off, and perhaps don't realise what utter shitebags they are.

They should have been made aware and it's ridiculous they were not.

Yep - and if it turns sour and doesn't work out then the lad only has himself to blame.

SG made it clear where he would have preferred him to go to. The lad ignored that advice, much to SG's disappointment.

Are you Gerrard's assistant?

Are you Gerrard's assistant?
Errrr....no. I am Steven Gerrard :p

Breda comment:

Gerrard said: “Glenn Middleton is very close to going on loan in Holland.

“Fair play to him going for such a challenge. That will be good for his development, playing for a team challenging in front of passionate fans.”

Hivs comments:

The 19-year-old was close to agreeing a season-long switch to Dutch outfit NAC Breda last week but is now on his way to Easter Road after a change of heart.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's showdown with Paul Heckingbottom's team, Gerrard said: "Glenn has decided he wants to go to Hibs on loan so that will happen after the weekend.

"He will go get some experience and play some regular football. He was really close to going to Holland. Super close.

"But last minute Hibs have shown some interest that he has looked into himself and decided he wants to go pursue that. It was his decision."

Add in the gushing praise of Pompey as a destination for McCrorie and there is no comparison. It is clear the manager didn't think Hivs was the best destination for Glenn. And i agree with that.

Last edited:
Not sure playing in the Dutch 2nd Division is more beneficial for his development so would be more swayed towards Hibs if I was him

It's a good move *if* Hibs treat him fairly and with care.

I'm not a huge fan of dealing with teams that you don't have a good relationship with, especially when the club in question perhaps has a better (dare I even say good?) relationship with Celtic.

I just think it opens the door to some unsavoury situations.

Hopefully that's not the case and I'm just being paranoid.

He'd have learned alot more in the dutch environment imo, however there would have been a settling in period and reading between the lines and listening to SG in the press conference last week, it was entirely Glens choice to go to Hibs. I even got the impression Gerrard would have preferred it to be Holland.
Good points at least we now have a dedicated person at management level constantly monitoring the loan players. So they'll make sure Hibs look after him.

How does it benefit us?

One of our young assets and potential future stars gets plenty game time in the same league we need him to be able to perform in. He can play against and potentially damage the teams around us but will be unable to play against us, possibly weakening them when we play them.

Can you genuinely not see that?

I can’t stand Hibs, but I care more about my own team.

He's too good for they scumbags. Wouldn't put it past them to boo him!

No doubt a few of their bottom feeding fans will do that.

Hibs reused to do any transfer business with Rangers under Petrie, I couldn’t care if he’s gone they should have been told to sling their hook. The SCF and Tav being attacked last season are two good reasons why we should never deal with them.

While I understand he may be able to hurt opponents, can't play against us and according to SG this was the players choice, I don't think this should ever have reached the negotiation stage.
They should have been told flat out, straight to their two faces, that under no circumstance will we do business with people who hate us, make no secret of it and were very prominent in trying to kill us off.

Suppose he has a great season, is instrumental in gaining them points and thus higher prize money, enabling them to sign players who will be able to play against us.

It's obvious that there are many people now at the Club who were not there during the period when Hibs were trying to kill us off, and perhaps don't realise what utter shitebags they are.

They should have been made aware and it's ridiculous they were not.

Mate, as we shown at the weekend, hibs are now back to being an irrelavance to us, as every little diddy team is in this country.

We swept them to one side in a game where if it had been double figures they couldnt have complained.

We will finish at least 30 points in front of hibs, no matter how good a season they have

We are going for 55 at all costs.

Lets say Middleton gets 4 games against Celtc...and even in just 1 of those, he scores a goal which takes points off them. And we go on to win the league by 1 point. Nobody would say then the loan wasnt worthwhile. Not beyond the realms of possibility is it?

As for the player himself...getting experience showing his worth in the league that he hopes to be playing in.

As with every deal there are plus points and bad points but we have moved on from our recent dark past. We the fans never forget but from a purely footballing point of view the move makes sense.

Assuming that there are some, surely the disgraceful Hivs’ tweets will cut him some slack amongst the more reasonable members of their support.

I'm not happy about him going to the spoon burners but he'll get experience of the league and at least they try and play football ,Now Hastie to Well ,Holt to St Mirren,Dorrans to Hearts and Dodoo to St Johnstone ;)

Jake Hastie to Motherwell? Why after the disgraceful way he was treated at him leaving?
Seriously?

interesting....who made this happen?
Gerrard said: "Glenn has decided he wants to go to Hibs on loan so that will happen after the weekend.

"He will go get some experience and play some regular football. He was really close to going to Holland. Super close.

"But last minute Hibs have shown some interest that he has looked into himself and decided he wants to go pursue that. It was his decision."

Wish it wasn't Hibs but they are one of the few teams capable of beating Celtic so this could be a good move. He will get valuable game time and hopefully come back to us a better player.

Gerrard said: "Glenn has decided he wants to go to Hibs on loan so that will happen after the weekend.

Not difficult to see that Gerrard would have been happier if he had gone to Breda.

A 6-1 hammering (going on 10-1) and now they sign one of our young prospects, who is some way off our current first team plans, on loan.
It's fair to say Hibs have been put back in their place :))

Mate, as we shown at the weekend, hibs are now back to being an irrelavance to us, as every little diddy team is in this country.

We swept them to one side in a game where if it had been double figures they couldnt have complained.

We will finish at least 30 points in front of hibs, no matter how good a season they have

We are going for 55 at all costs.

Lets say Middleton gets 4 games against Celtc...and even in just 1 of those, he scores a goal which takes points off them. And we go on to win the league by 1 point. Nobody would say then the loan wasnt worthwhile. Not beyond the realms of possibility is it?

As for the player himself...getting experience showing his worth in the league that he hopes to be playing in.

As with every deal there are plus points and bad points but we have moved on from our recent dark past. We the fans never forget but from a purely footballing point of view the move makes sense.
I get that and your points are fair enough. but there are no guarantees they will even play him against against them, certainly not enough to hang our hats on. Time will tell, I don't trust them.
Perhaps you have moved into the "forgive, forget and move on" phase a lot sooner than I am likely to, I'm not sure I will live long enough for that.

Not happy at all, but hope it works out for him and he comes back a better player.

Doing business with a club who tried to kill us and whose fans physically assaulted several of our players baffles me.

It’s a slap in the face to the supporters, we should not be dealing with Hibs, they are a vile club who despise us, they would happily have saw us dead.

Last edited:

oh well....suppose for glen it will be a good move for him also pending game time

It’s a slap in the face to the supporters, we should not be dealing with Hibs, they are a vile club who despise us, they would happily have saw us dead.

Middleton can f.uck off too.
Nothing like the moral high ground eh?

We should never EVER loan a player to a team whose fans physically assaulted OUR disable section after the cup final.

Really disappointed with the club for entering into any arrangement with that club and its cretinous supporters!!

Wish it wasn't Hibs but they are one of the few teams capable of beating Celtic so this could be a good move. He will get valuable game time and hopefully come back to us a better player.

I don't see or fathom out how you can think that based on Sunday.

They are kak. Absolute 24 carat kak.

Back