Midfield: Diomande Sterling Raskin

MD and DS are our best players in there. Hopefully can work together.

Raskin? Guy has done nothing more than the rest of them. Possibly worth trying though.

That looks more of a midfield than any of the dross we’ve seen recently.

No failed forwards from the English championship masquerading as “10s”

Raskin seems to have become this amazing player player due to not playing.Probably deserves another run out but doubt he is the answer to our problems.

Then it means Cantwell has to play out left or right and we know how that went earlier this season.

While I still cling to hope for this season for at least a cup double and hopefully a treble or league and cup double. The summer cannot come quick enough and a balance squad with a spine from gk to st is sorted out.

Raskin, like many others has had their form absolutely fall off a cliff unfortunately

He’s been benched and rightly so

That being said however those who have replaced him (Lawrence, Dowell,) have also been as equally poor

He absolutely should be part of a midfield 3 with Diomande (more in the hole type) and Sterling (anchor role) but has recently done absolutely nothing to deserve that place

Worth a go but the manager seems to favour 4-2-3-1 with these players. Though I think I read that Diomande has played further forward with some success previously so maybe a shout for him to the advanced one of the trio.

I like Raskin, but he was struggling badly before he dropped out of the team. However, no other midfielder bar Sterling has been any better than him - especially Lundstram - so I'd like to think he deserves a chance to feature again. Dowell, Lawrence, Lundstram etc all get several chances after disappointing displays.

I too am uncertain about Raskin. However I am certain about Lundstram. So what do we have to lose trying something different?

Whatever the reason when the pressure is on Lundstram hasn’t delivered.
The guy played a major part in dragging this team back into a title race. Along with the captain, over the course of the Clement's time he's probably been our top performer. We're only talking 3 weeks ago the majority on here were wanting him nailed down to a new contract.

Why 3? only need 2 centre mids 4 2 3 1 formation. Dio and Sterling for me
Because we have been overrun in midfield for the last 3 games? Our midfield has caused us serious issues recently. You could drive 2 buses through it due to the gaps in there.

Go back to basics. Strong midfield 3 and drop this 10 pish as it’s not working.

Raskin won’t start, PC not a fan and already told him several players are ahead of him.

Then it means Cantwell has to play out left or right and we know how that went earlier this season.

While I still cling to hope for this season for at least a cup double and hopefully a treble or league and cup double. The summer cannot come quick enough and a balance squad with a spine from gk to st is sorted out.
Or we could drop Cantwell? He’s been shite and he constantly gives the ball away?

I like the O.P.'s option of not playing with a 10. Gerrard tended to go with 3 in midfield. You could have Cantwell and Sima as the wide attackers.

Interestingly our last win over celtic was with a midfield of

Jack Lundstram Raskin

Who would of knew you control midfield you control the game.

Weird how we took him off halftime when he was actually doing ok in a terrible team performance but then still managed to lose at home to Motherwell.
I thought he was really poor against Motherwell and merited his half time substitution.

I think the last game he started before that was St Mirren away and he was abysmal in that game too.

The guy played a major part in dragging this team back into a title race. Along with the captain, over the course of the Clement's time he's probably been our top performer. We're only talking 3 weeks ago the majority on here were wanting him nailed down to a new contract.
How many good games versus them has he had?

Raskin is utter dugshite, sadly.

Dio back is good and hopefully him and Sterling could be an option. Lundstram is done and leaving soon so time to look ahead.

Manager saying Ridvan might not be ready for Sunday so Sterling will need to play LB as Barisic is a liability now and has been for far too long

If Fraser from the U21 team isnt deemed capable of playing we should release him but I’d 100% play him over Barisic

Sterling in CM would be best for the team

Raskin for some reason is another the manager doesn’t seem to rate

Players like Raskin are part of the problem at Rangers.

Outsiders, with no appreciation for the heritage of the club; but who see it as a stepping stone to further their personal career. We don't mind people using Rangers as a shop window - but at least, try and give a shit, while you're here.

I thought he was really poor against Motherwell and merited his half time substitution.

I think the last game he started before that was St Mirren away and he was abysmal in that game too.

I remember at the time everyone that sits around me at the time were surprised, he was far from worst in a terrible team performance.

Lost possession twice, had 89% successful pass rate in the 45 mins he got.

I like the O.P.'s option of not playing with a 10. Gerrard tended to go with 3 in midfield. You could have Cantwell and Sima as the wide attackers.

Gerrards flat 3 and 2 inside 10s meant we were good at winning and retaining ball in midfield, something like that would cover that massive gap we have in there at moment.

It's been leaving us wide open on the counter, don't think Clement will play like that am no quite sure what his style is.

Back