Might not win it this year but it’s coming

We say that every year
It’s Groundhog Day on here every season. Always going to come good the next season and it doesn’t materialise

We’re second in a 2 horse race and the reason we’re 4 points behind is due to us being incapable of beating Celtic and dropping points against the team fighting to avoid the relegation play off.

Some amount of turd polishing ongoing

If truth be told, we were always a game away from what happened today.

For me it’s all over, was always going to be a struggle. I didn’t think we would get a result at piggery but to do what we done was exceptional, truly believe we will kick on next year.

Only main nag is starting lines ups, just don’t know what’s going on there and said it for weeks.
After today, what changes next year?
The gaffer was too blame today also.

There is none.
Exactly…and we will need wholesale changes (again) with no budget to fund it.

If Clement wins the league it will be right up there with any of our achievements this century. However we’ll still need a major clear out but at least we’ll have the funds to do that.

If we don’t win the league we’ll be dishing our short term contracts to guys who should be moved on a scraping about trying to sell and replace the many duds on our books.

Don't think you need great players to win a league, just a very good system which we don't have at the min. They will have the luxury to sign some donkey signings along with some decent but we need to get every signing spot on should they win it

For me it’s all over, was always going to be a struggle. I didn’t think we would get a result at piggery but to do what we done was exceptional, truly believe we will kick on next year.

Only main nag is starting lines ups, just don’t know what’s going on there and said it for weeks.
We might kick on next year but theyll be another £40m head start on us so they’ve got the potential to be a hell of a lot stronger

If Celtic get the CL money, us catching them will be near impossible next season.

We completely fucked this season. Beale, his signings, signings in January, our bad luck with injuries. If it could go wrong it went wrong. Its actually a miracle we even made a title challenge of this season
Only a challenge because the Bheast lost and drew some matches against the dross that they normally won with ease.

Happy Clapping nonsense.
Without a substantial cash investment, a massive clear-out and several much better first team players Rangers will not be winning next season either!

same pish every year. We need no crowds to fuckin win a title. We’d be competing in the CL with no crowds. Don’t give a %^*& if that annoys folk it’s a fact. One title in 7 years back in the league and it was infront of no fans! Everytime we’ve been in a title race with fans we’ve bottled it against utter shite mentally challenged teams as well. Scunnert with the culture of this club we’re no fuckin winners anymore!

If we lose this league we are at the mercy of the scum being the cheap bastards they have been lately. The last year of automatic CL money, and the biggest haul in years with the new format.
we need to win this league, there are no two ways about it

Exactly
The tims will have a £30m head start, we will sign some low EPL /championship jobber and circle jerk when all the podders rave about him and bring in a fan rep from the club he’s coming from……shit the bed sack the manager rinse and repeat
But atleast we’ll have away fans for old firm games next year for atmosphere and bantz :rolleyes:

Wtf does last sentence have to do with rest of your post?

Happy Clapping nonsense.
Without a substantial cash investment, a massive clear-out and several much better first team players Rangers will not be winning next season either!
This . Painful to admit but where does this end. This whole team needs clear out

After today, what changes next year?
The gaffer was too blame today also.

He was yes but your saying the team that started shouldnt be playing them off the park? 11 v 11 it shouldnt be a contest.

Far too many have let us down time & time again. This forum mostly backs tav. Our captain thats won one league. Sack the stats of goals. One league title. Yet in hof and a club legend lol. Standards have proper fallen if someone thats won so little is held in that regard.

Goldson. After seville shouldve been him. Cost us that final imo.

Gaffers stuck with who he came into, aye made some strange picks but everyone should be far better and competent to beat those we play.

Can't see it unless something drastic occurs. Feckin hamster wheel! 2012 has been a big price.

You do realise we have to win our remaining six games to reach last seasons points total..
I think the manager has made mistakes with his team selection over the last few weeks although injuries and the decision not to sign another striker in January has come back to haunt us hugely.( Silva is never a number 9)
However we can’t keep changing managers especially when Celtic have and will have a huge advantage over us financially..
I like Clement and think we have to give him the opportunity to build a side with his own players which realistically may take at least another 2/3 years.

Folk were saying the exact same at this point last season, and the season before that, and the one before that.

The reality is they will be handed another huge advantage in the form of increased CL money this season, on top of £70m in the bank.

They could be looking at over £100m cash in the bank this year. You think we’re consistently catching that with our finances then you’ve not being paying attention to modern football.

Read the exact same sentiment after we beat them 3-0 last season under Beale

"Just fell short this season, too little too late, but next season will be the one we dominate"

How many times will we go through this?

Until the same underlying problems remain at the club, this will go indefinitely. And no, a manager change is not sufficient change. In Clement we have a good manager. Like we did with GvB. The problem is higher up - how much longer will we pretend otherwise?

Folk were saying the exact same at this point last season, and the season before that, and the one before that.

The reality is they will be handed another huge advantage in the form of increased CL money this season, on top of £70m in the bank.

They could be looking at over £100m cash in the bank this year. You think we’re consistently catching that with our finances then you’ve not being paying attention to modern football.
They ain't even spending 50m never mind 100 ffs

same pish every year. We need no crowds to fuckin win a title. We’d be competing in the CL with no crowds. Don’t give a %^*& if that annoys folk it’s a fact. One title in 7 years back in the league and it was infront of no fans! Everytime we’ve been in a title race with fans we’ve bottled it against utter shite mentally challenged teams as well. Scunnert with the culture of this club we’re no fuckin winners anymore!
We need no crowds

You been listening to thims

Away and support real Madrid or man citeh ya glory hunting abortion

Last edited:
You know a load of people said the exact same thing last year about Beale.
Yeah I know but it feels different with Clement, already got a cup in the bag, somehow dragged us back from the state we were in with Beale.

Don't think many, if any would have thought we'd by anywhere near a title race come this time of the season. He has considerably improved certain players, but the same ones will continue to fail him.

In my opinion when he clears out the deadwood & uninterested players, brings in his own guys, we won't be playing catch up in the league from game 1 like this season.

It’s always just coming, it’s about time we delivered on winning the title again. In order to win the league we need to go and win every game from here on out, that’s including going to parkhead and winning. Until the players instil that confidence in the fans by doing this they will be scrutinised because of previous failures.

If we don't win it this year we fall farther behind them as they'll have an assured £40m that we won't.

This Dundee game will be telling whether we have the requisite balls for the fight or not.

To many people are throwing the towel in, we win at Dundee its one point of a difference.

Surely the pressure is off now, Celtic and all of the cheerleaders have it won so our players can now play without fear and have a go. I still think we will beat them.

If we’re a club constantly looking to next season to win a title it very much explains why we never win titles now.

I expect it from this shower in the dressingroom but we are a support should never lower our standard. Evehr season Rangers don’t win the title is a complete failure.

League Cups and Scottish Cups mean absolutely nothing when you are consistently losing the domestic title every season.

Jeezus. What a thread. Have I just woken up in May? We win on Wednesday we are 1 point behind with 5 games left. I cannot believe the hysterics after a bad performance. This is still ours to win.

There is nothing being done to show that next year will change anything. He could have made a statement and hooked Tav at half time.

Yesterday’s loss and the attitude shown by the players alongside it and the likely loss of the league this season means that That Mob will push on even further ahead of us financially to a level we’ll be unlikely to come close to for the next 10 years plus.

My current feelings towards this squad are not to be put down in written form. They have likely cost this club dearly, more than we can yet fully understand.

Yeah I know but it feels different with Clement, already got a cup in the bag, somehow dragged us back from the state we were in with Beale.

Don't think many, if any would have thought we'd by anywhere near a title race come this time of the season. He has considerably improved certain players, but the same ones will continue to fail him.

In my opinion when he clears out the deadwood & uninterested players, brings in his own guys, we won't be playing catch up in the league from game 1 like this season.
Howmany of our fans had given up by October last year? This is the same people moaning now as they are always waiting for us to lose, jump on the players backs.

We lost, we played horrible and didn't deserve anything from the game. The players now know they have to win every game nothing less.

We will win all these games.

They ain't even spending 50m never mind 100 ffs

Obviously not at once, but it's not going to sit in the bank forever. I know people cling to the settlements, but the millions that references will be under 5, I don' think there's precedent for huge payouts in Scotland.

I think they're saving it for the stadium, as they're deliberately not spending on it and it's a shitehole, but that in itself will give them another advantage and likely more money coming in.

First and foremost we still have a very good chance of the title.
They will not win all their games. All that happened yesterday was they took over us as favourites.

What I do fear is that if we allow them the mega riches of the Champions League, while greatly reducing our rebuilt budget, we might see them further consolidate their run of titles for years to come.
Make no mistake. This is our best chance of reaching financial parity with the scum.
We must do this.

On Sunday the players come out at half time knowing a clean sheet = 3 points.

To lose 2 goals so soon after was criminal and what was worse we reverted to type in trying to redress the balance. Slow ponderous and ineffective.

We then give away daft fouls when we lose the ball and then to cap it off Sima hands the ball into the net! The ball could have hit an RC player or at worst would still be in their area but no. I would have hooked him there and then.

The title of the OP is something you’d expect to read on a PSG forum about the Champions League.

Not a Rangers one about the SPL

Can't say I'm convinced as yet , I've seen this show before ,get so far into the season then hope bubble burts. Usually it happens after winter break . Obviously I hope I'm wrong and a miracle is around the corner . No manager has ever had the steel to remove the underachievers and mistakes makers as they be senior players so the cycle continues.

Reactions: VGM

To kick on means at least 3/4 of the team have to be doing well. 3/4 of the team are struggling.

Back