Monchengladbach v Leipzig (Sky Sports Mix 19:30)

To be honest mate Red Bull are on the drift now, they are probably going to start odds against for the 90. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s hard to bet 4/1 to qualify by tomorrow night.
So it should be.

We have a great chance and I am by nature a pessimist.

Means they will of course be doubly determined against us as qualification for CL not in their hands

First goal is big and we really need to be getting it on Thursday
We have to score 2 anyway to go thru in 90 mins so doesn't change much.

I dont think Bull are that great tbh, im not saying that cos they have lost a game even Bayern will have an off day but i thought they were pretty average the other night i hope we have a right go at that them this time we were too cautious.

We need to be as highly disciplined in our play on Thursday as we have throughout the season in the Europa League. Nothing gung ho, pick our moments and we can do this.
Looking at the Atalanta stats and they went toe to toe and got gubbed. Get intae thum - but from a cunning distance.

Leipzig are an excellent team and can pick us off quite comfortably. It'll take a Herculean effort on Thursday, bold attacking play as well as discipline and concentration throughout the game. It's a very big ask.

Roofe is fit, according to the H&H lads - if not to start, then definitely on the bench.

Looking at the Atalanta stats and they went toe to toe and got gubbed. Get intae thum - but from a cunning distance.
cunning-plan-blackadder-quotes.jpg

Leipzig are an excellent team and can pick us off quite comfortably. It'll take a Herculean effort on Thursday, bold attacking play as well as discipline and concentration throughout the game. It's a very big ask.

Roofe is fit, according to the H&H lads - if not to start, then definitely on the bench.
I think if Rangers put out a Dortmund style (excluding the first half at Ibrox) performance that will see us in the final…

Braga we’re better in Portugal, than Leipzig were in Germany, similar to us, they get stuck in, we showed them too much respect in first half, then 2nd half, we realised we could match them, fancy us to win on Thursday and go through.

Braga played better against us in the first leg than Leipzig did, I don’t know whether they’re better or not, but Braga have recently beat Porto, Benfica and demolished Monaco. They were no mugs.
Don't think Braga are mugs for a second , we got our tactics/application bang on in Leipzig ,don't think we did the same against Braga over there.
RB, man for man have better players than Braga

Last edited:
Benfica, Leverkusen and Dortmund for starters have all looked far superior to me
We didn’t beat Benfica though I agree with you.

Leipzig are one level below those sides but they are two levels above Braga

They won’t crumble. We will need to play out our skins to qualify

I dont think Bull are that great tbh, im not saying that cos they have lost a game even Bayern will have an off day but i thought they were pretty average the other night i hope we have a right go at that them this time we were too cautious.

Thursday should be about throwing the kitchen sink at Leipzig at Ibrox. These Rangers players will probably never again have the chance of playing in a Euro Final. Every minute on Thursday will be precious to make it 1-1, then ramp up the intensity to finish them off.

Just hope there tired out abit for Thursday and use that to our advantage
Physically they will be fit young super athletes. But young fools tire mentally very quickly / look at the young ones on here! Pressure can get to them and that affects them mentally. They make bad decisions and lose concentration. Constant pressure in all its forms, from fans, players and anyone who comes within 20 yards of them!

A John Lundstram midfield masterclass needed. Roofe being fit will be a massive bonus. We need an 8/10 from every man on that pitch. That's where we all come in. We fans can help lift those performances.

I'm fcuking buzzing!

Having watched their last 5 games including vs us I'm not seeing this amazing side, they obviously have good players and Nkunku is fantastic, but I really believe we can do them.

We can totally do them. It will need to be a controlled, counter attacking display. We need to attack, and they have the players to hurt us. We contained them in the first leg, almost perfectly, but Thursday is a completely different beast.

A goal for us in the first 20 minutes and we are doing this imo.

Could also mean they have more nerves, their route to the champions League could be totally taken away after looking a breeze about 10 days ago.

This Leipzig team is physically spent. A far cry from the winning machine they were when Tedesco first took over.

Part of me feels we will do it, the other part says there’s no way a team with so much quality will lose two huge games on the bounce.

Can’t stop thinking about Thursday!

QUOTE="Bluebeard, post: 11463255, member: 29452"]
Just had a look at the odds for Thursday

Leipzig are 1/5 on to qualify

Unreal. Nobody is giving us a chance
[/QUOTE]
When you look at the 2 squads and our injuries then I think it's fair odds.

Add in the fact they have the lead.

Watch the game played well but after there defeat it’s out there hands for 4th place spot they might go for it aginst us but that could be advantage to us pick them off on counter attack and seen 3 players siting side lines with ice packs

I watched the game. They played well but after their defeat it’s out of their hands for 4th place. They might go for it against us but that could be advantage to us. Pick them off on the counter attack. Seen 3 players siting on the sidelines with ice packs on.

Back