Morelos 2.0

Some things never change, got booked for hee-haw and that was the most lenient ref in the world tonight!
He got booked for the challenge though - thought there wasnt much in way of replay... anyway getting booked for a challenge is acceptable its the mouthing off and tantrums that were letting hm down. was great to see the team surrounding him immediately though thats a good sign

I was listening to talksport 2 on the bus and kept losing the signal and the comentator said the ref had flashed a red card at Morelos then it went off again when it came back Alf was on the ball what had happened?

He’s not reacting to provocation as much which is great.

He is also smiling more as well.

Let’s hope he keeps it up.

He’s a sensational talent who we should enjoy while we have him. I’m convinced this is a boy who will go right to the very top. Since I first seen him in a Rangers jersey I’ve been banging the drum about how good he is. He’s an absolute monster and a nightmare to play against. If he improves his discipline this season his value will be the highest in Scottish football history.

my daughter was up singing his name when he scored tonight!

yes we have a team of heros now and like last season Alfie is going to be vital to our success, vital!

Would you believe the guy I sit next to at Ibrox doesn't even rate him? ''Average at best, Defoe should start every game.'' - His exact words. Some people should just call it a day, football is not for them.

For me he's arguably our best striker since Mols and that is saying something given how good Jelavic was for us.

Eh, there’s plenty of folk on here who insist Defoe shows better link up, which seems to be based solely on that dummy against the filth.

We’ve got too cracking strikers but AM is the number 1. Definitely a player capable of going to the top.

Defoe will be helping him develop. People forget how rapid he is. When he knocks the ball past defenders in and around the edge of the box he has no problem getting past his man. Class performance tonight from alfie and the whole team.

I’m not saying I haven’t had my ups and downs with Alfie, we all have, but who on earth could we replace this guy with?

We’re talking about letting him go for 10-20 million. There’s players been sold today for more than that and I wouldn’t swap any of them for Morelos. We simply need to keep him for as long as possible.

Was terrific tonight but for his booking I thought he stood up for his team mate.

Potentially daft but also nice to see

Morelos has got better every season this year he will continue to get better ok great header for the goal but look at his presence of mind to pick out katic for his goal 6 months ago he would have hit that

Any rangers fan wanting his sold should go watch another sport as they know nothing about football

He’s the best player in the league and will get at least 40 goals this season

Was terrific tonight but for his booking I thought he stood up for his team mate.

Potentially daft but also nice to see
His booking was for a sliding tackle on a loose ball.

The tackle was about half as bad as the stinker the ref let Evander away with that immediately preceded it.

I'm with the OP, I would happily have sold him at the end of the season but he seems to have worked hard on his behaviour and looks like a whole new man now. He was booted about against killie and didn't react once and tonight he was sensational. I would have taken 12 million for him at the end of the season, it would need to be doh le that now.

Morelos is winning us #55!

He’s going nowhere!
I wish he'd get rid of his agent,seems to be filling his head with shitty mega moves to China etc and all just to line his own pocket. If he stays with us he'll be playing in the CL that's when his stock will rise,just hope he's wearing the famous blue jersey, he'd be a joy to watch playing for us in that.

Any time he breathes next to a player in Scotland the crowd go mad and the ref lose their heads.

Still has to be ultra careful unfortunately but on form like tonight he'll get another 30 goals easy.

I would have packed Morelos off on the first bus after that fucking shambles at the piggery.

I would have sold him for £12 million quite happily when the season ended as I felt it was the best outcome for the club.

Since the season started I have seen the same aggressive, talented, impossible to play against player have a better attitude, improved discipline and a clear desire to better himself on the park.

I would love Morelos to be the last name of the memorised team I bore my grandchildren with.
Massive to us if the lad stays, almost unplayable tonight.

I’ve got visions of him leading the line for Atleti in a Champs League final in the not so distant future.

The guys an unbelievable talent.

Agreed. Was very much in the same boat

2 games in a row now opposition have tried to leave one on him and he hasn’t reacted to it

Long may it continue

People that say we should sell morelos and buy a replacement at 4 or 5 million are deluded. We couldn't replace him for 20 million. I hope he's here forever, he's the best striker we've had this century. Selling players for pure millions and talking about how much money he cost is for mentally challengeds. I want us to keep our best players. Bought for a million quid from Finland, these sort of deals happen once every 25 years, there isn't a load of Alfredos out there waiting to be picked up, it was our good fortune. He was bought as backup to Herrera ffs.

Has definitely calmed the aggression overspill and childish antics that got him in trouble previously. Unfortunately he’s still going to pick up harsh bookings in games for 1st offences with our refs so guarantee we still see him being sent off this season!

the fact that spl is full of hammer throwers and its Morelos that's painted like a thug is hilarious. refs would rather players flung him around and when they fail at doing that to Morelos the refs instead stop play when its simply a case of Morelos being too strong for hammer thrower tactics

The wee man was superb tonight. Took his goal well and some of his hold up and link up play was outstanding.

Silly wee booking to pick up.

Although saying that most of his play would have went against him in the SPFL with our referees. Was nice to see a referee let him play his game.
I thought it was harsh. A lot worse from some FCM players went unpunished. Agree with every other word you say

Truth is if he controls his temper and continues to play well then this time next year he will be playing in the Premier league or abroad.

On his day he is fantastic.

The wee man was superb tonight. Took his goal well and some of his hold up and link up play was outstanding.

Silly wee booking to pick up.

Although saying that most of his play would have went against him in the SPFL with our referees. Was nice to see a referee let him play his game.

Was a nothing booking. Got it for the other player's reaction.

Back