Morelos 2.0

Some things never change, got booked for hee-haw and that was the most lenient ref in the world tonight!
I noticed this we are 4-2 away from home and he picks up a booking
This could cost us in a critical game coming up when it really counts

One of his best performances in a Rangers Jersey. Scored 1, set up 2, bossed the defenders, held the ball up brilliantly and managed to keep the head as well throughout.

West Brom bidding just 10 million looks like a joke after that performance. If he can play like that throughout the season then that 10 can treble.

Was it a silly booking?
I thought the ball was still live. The whistle hadn’t went and it wasn’t overly aggressive
It was never a booking, he hardly touched the guy yet the ref seemed to get all excited about it for some reason.

Alfie is just fckn the complete package for me in a striker.
I would have hated to have played against him, he simply does all the things that defenders hate.
Tonight he was quite simply unplayable.

A timely reminder of his value to us. The way he held the ball up tonight and brought team mates into play was sensational, his first touch was exceptional. A tremendous finish and two fantastic assists.

Surely we can’t sell him for anything less than silly money? What a player, what a contribution. Very unlucky to be carded too, he took some bad challenges tonight and kept his cool.
Tonight he was abused,kept his cool,and was arguably the best player on the park.
He keeps this up for the season,and we will definitely be talking Mega Bucks.;)

A fu*king masterclass and a red neck for everyone who wanted and/or would have accepted him being sold.

We are a vastly inferior team without Alfie.

Played tonight how he played in the qualifiers last season.

Hopefully this sets him up for another good season and goes on to better the last one.

Tonight proves his value to us he is so important to the way we play and how he leads the line.

His combative style and hold up play is phenomenal and he will run and bully defenders all game long and you just know he will create something or grab a goal at anytime.

%^*& the haters btw he's worth a fortune imo.

Always felt we should get one more season out him

This is his big year

Its the fact that the last time you favoured the player over the money, regardless of amount, was Brian Laudrup.

To even be mentioned in the same field is incredible.
If he has actually managed to get rid of the daft discipline issues he is potentially a tens of million player as he has the Carroll factor-not many like him so vast premium paid.

Brian Laudrup to Andy Carroll. Not even had a malt yet.

He is a top player. Great goalscorer and unselfish setting up 2 tonight as well as scoring. This is European football he is turning it on in and there is no way we will sell him unless the bid at least equals our valuation.

Was outstanding tonight. If he puts in performances like that in the league then #55 is a cert. Booking was harsh but came at a time when the ref was losing control.

IMO, the only reason he never got MOTM is that it was Alfies usual standard and Jones deserves some accolade and maybe a wee confidence booster/love after tonights performance :)

Worked his Cojones off tonight, for Aribos goal it was Alfie who won the Ball on the edge of our box, when Aribo Scored he was level with him in their box.

Keeping him and Tav could be one of the main things that wins us the league. Game tonight and against Killie he kept the head really well. And his play tonight was superb. Scored a great goal and helped make two, think he might've even won the ball for for Aribos goal as well

He’s proved himself as a goalscorer and at times could have been a bit greedy but now he can not only score but turn in a great performance for the team with unselfish runs and incisive passes to put a team mate into a good position.

I’ll fight his corner anytime, he’s harshly treated in Scotland.
He is a proper centre forward and has been since he arrived.

Back our own and stuff the doubters.

Solid performance. I think missing Copa America and his end to the season will help him. He needs to wisen up and mature. He seems to be on that path.

Great job Alfie tonight.

Last edited:
I just can't believe a club haven't come in for him.

He's fucking majestic.

Even today we had people saying take £10m and % sell on. Different planet they live on.
Got himself sent off against the mentally challengeds to put teams off in the summer so he could focus on 55, played the long game, what a legend in the making

A timely reminder of his value to us. The way he held the ball up tonight and brought team mates into play was sensational, his first touch was exceptional. A tremendous finish and two fantastic assists.

Surely we can’t sell him for anything less than silly money? What a player, what a contribution. Very unlucky to be carded too, he took some bad challenges tonight and kept his cool.

Would you believe the guy I sit next to at Ibrox doesn't even rate him? ''Average at best, Defoe should start every game.'' - His exact words. Some people should just call it a day, football is not for them.

For me he's arguably our best striker since Mols and that is saying something given how good Jelavic was for us.

He was whipping in crosses, putting in tackles in midfield and scoring tonight.

What a player

Great game tonight from el buffalo. Looks to be getting more controlled with his emotions. Going to be a big season for him I feel.

Back