Morelos domestic form

Games like yesterday you just know he hasn't got a goal in him. Was barely a threat and barley troubled their defenders.

Unfortunately he has a lot of these games throughout the season.

We are heading into April and 11 league goals is a very poor return for someone playing in such an attacking and dominating team.

Our problem in away games the last few months is we’ve generally been a bit shit, accordingly it’s no surprise our striker isn’t scoring goals with the inconsistent and poor service we’ve been giving him.

Morelos (alongside Tav) is literally at the bottom of the list of players who we should be worried about at the moment IMO, he’s been excellent since returning from winter break and a massive reason we’re still challenging on all the fronts we are. I think especially with the amount of games April has in store we need to see more of Roofe, but given every game is going to be against good opposition it shouldn’t be at the expense of Morelos.

That’s now 6 games without a goal domestically and not scored away since December 12th, he needs to up his game big time.

I’d still start him against the tims but if he fails to score in that game he needs dropped for roofe.
I think he will tear the tims apart,if he was not away with Columbia we would have beat Ross County and Septic.

His decision making at times leaves a lot to be desired.
The header he had at the back post today, there was no chance he was getting that past the keeper, he should have headed it square to Ramsey who was free in the middle.

I get that strikers want to score goals, but if your team mate has a better chance, pass the fūcking ball!

His heading game is so frustratingly inconsistent. As demonstrated against Feyenoord, he is capable of being genuinely brilliant in the air. Yet often he'll waste good chances or choose the wrong option completely.

The service has been nowhere near as bad as folk are making out and he really should have had at least a couple of headed goals in the last two games against Dundee.

It's unacceptable if he goes away with Colombia while nursing an injury and I'd say the same for any player in a similar position.

He simply does not score enough goals for the amount of chances he has.

He thrives in europe for a few reasons compared to domestic games. Tge main one is space. The difference in the refs also has a huge part to play. In the spl the corrupt refs break up our play non stop.

Also he cant keep playing 2 huge games a week for the full season and keep the same level of performances up.

It's obvious he's been carrying an injury for a few weeks. He should've pulled out of international duty but he never will.

Has to play against them. After that we can look at Roofe as a penalty box alternative. Presence and personality are crucial against Celtic

Scuffed shots are his problem.
Every game.
Still a handful though.

Yesterday scuffed shots ?

My recollection -

Header narrowly past back post
Header on target from tight angle beyond back post
Decent shot saved

Did he have any other efforts on goal ?

Confused.com.

His heading game is so frustratingly inconsistent. As demonstrated against Feyenoord, he is capable of being genuinely brilliant in the air. Yet often he'll waste good chances or choose the wrong option completely.

The service has been nowhere near as bad as folk are making out and he really should have had at least a couple of headed goals in the last two games against Dundee.

It's unacceptable if he goes away with Colombia while nursing an injury and I'd say the same for any player in a similar position.

When you say he should have had at least a couple of headed goals PB ?

He had three headed efforts.

He should have scored all three, including the keepers save ?

To me, the one last week should have been finished.

I just love how talented Rangers fans are on FF, that would have scored those three.

Being objective, he is obviously struggling with the hamstring injury he’s playing through. The last three matches he hasn’t been at his sharpest for me, including the RSB home tie when most lauded him.

Play Morelos and Roofe in a 352

Drop Morelos at your pearl, Roofe won’t give you the same hold up play. Today was a game for a poacher play and tap ins that Roofe gives you.

Roofe and Alfie doesn't work as a partnership Gerrard tried it earlier in the season when he tried the diamond or 4-2-2-2 to accommodate both of them.

He has to travel or Colombia can get him banned playing for us when the international break is over. He has to be assessed by their medical team before any decision can be made and if they declare he's fit enough then there is nothing we can do about it.

That’s now 6 games without a goal domestically and not scored away since December 12th, he needs to up his game big time.

I’d still start him against the tims but if he fails to score in that game he needs dropped for roofe.
Do you think he was supplied regularly with chances at Dundee?

Roofe deserves more time. I've no quibble with Alfie being first pick as long as he's no quibble with being subbed when it's not happening.

Follow Follow

Hero to zero in two matches.

Let’s see Roofe play a decent 90 minutes rather than two fifteen minute cameos to establish what our alternatives to Morelos are then ?

He hasn’t played a decent 90 minutes for many months, so this is a challenge to him.

Apart from the home game v Red Star he has been awful. Yesterday he was lazy and contributed nothing apart from a header that didn’t even work the keeper.

There you go.

Better not criticise you DB, given your achievements in the game, but I could have sworn that him & Kent terrorised Borussia Dortmund in recent weeks ?

Yesterday scuffed shots ?

My recollection -

Header narrowly past back post
Header on target from tight angle beyond back post
Decent shot saved

Did he have any other efforts on goal ?

Confused.com.
Yes
3 shots
2 on target
2 scuffed
67% scuff rate

Apart from the home game v Red Star he has been awful. Yesterday he was lazy and contributed nothing apart from a header that didn’t even work the keeper.

How long has he been awful for? Pretty sure he ragdolled the Dortmund defence twice in recent times. Perfectly good goal disallowed against Motherwell, assist for Kamara at St Johnstone and really unlucky with his header yesterday an inch the other side of the post it's a goal.

Given he was carrying an injury it was a mental decision to play him yesterday given the run of fixtures we have in April. He was way off it on Thursday and should have been rested yesterday with Roofe starting

He's a big game player.

We've got 5 (possibly 6) massive games coming up in April.

All against teams that will try and attack us, instead of parking the bus and hoofing Morelos for 90 minutes.

I'm looking forward to seeing him ragdoll teams in April on our way to an historic treble.

Follow Follow

Hero to zero in two matches.

Let’s see Roofe play a decent 90 minutes rather than two fifteen minute cameos to establish what our alternatives to Morelos are then ?

He hasn’t played a decent 90 minutes for many months, so this is a challenge to him.
Hero in Europe like rest of squad zero to piss poor performances domestically Morelos and Kent especially. Kent only 3 goals this season is a disgrace in all honesty and whilst Morelos has 11 in the league, he’s not scored away since December 12th and not scored in our last 6 domestic games at all.

It’s the business end of season and we are relying on our goals coming from our defenders and midfielders to win games.

The front 3s form is a big worry no getting away from it.

Hero in Europe like rest of squad zero to piss poor performances domestically Morelos and Kent especially. Kent only 3 goals this season is a disgrace in all honesty and whilst Morelos has 11 in the league, he’s not scored away since December 12th and not scored in our last 6 domestic games at all.

It’s the business end of season and we are relying on our goals coming from our defenders and midfielders to win games.

Agreed.

The goal return from Morelos and Kent in the league is actually really poor.

I’ve already acknowledged that he’s not been at his best the last few games Scotty, and pointed out that he’s been carrying an injury since at least RSB at home. Four matches now.

Let’s put Roofe in then. He’s done well in his last two or three cameos.

Let’s see if he can perform for 90 minutes like Morelos has for months then ?

I’ve already acknowledged that he’s not been at his best the last few games Scotty, and pointed out that he’s been carrying an injury since at least RSB at home. Four matches now.

Let’s put Roofe in then. He’s done well in his last two or three cameos.

Let’s see if he can perform for 90 minutes like Morelos has for months then ?
I’d still play Morelos against them next game but we need a big performance from him main striker at club same with Kent, 7m and a goal return of 3 for season is deplorable.

Roofe has earned the right to start anyway I’d have morels and roofe against them.

I’d still play Morelos against them next game but we need a big performance from him main striker at club same with Kent, 7m and a goal return of 3 for season is deplorable.

Roofe has earned the right to start anyway I’d have morels and roofe against them.

Personally, I would rather have Aribo in there against them Scotty, to make us a more compact unit, but it’s all about opinions mate.

I do agree that Morelos looks a combination of jaded / injured.

And I accept that Kent’s numbers need to improve too.

Played poorly = lazy, apparently.

Another couple goal less games and he will be getting called over weight. I would say your assessment is “lazy”

Personally, I would rather have Aribo in there against them Scotty, to make us a more compact unit, but it’s all about opinions mate.

I do agree that Morelos looks a combination of jaded / injured.

And I accept that Kent’s numbers need to improve too.
Thing is mate I wouldn’t even have Aribo playing against them, he’s had far too many big games against them he has turned up in. I’d say he’s only had 1 good game vs them and it was the Scottish cup last season.

Thing is mate I wouldn’t even have Aribo playing against them, he’s had far too many big games against them he has turned up in. I’d say he’s only had 1 good game vs them and it was the Scottish cup last season.

His performances against them haven’t been as good as they should have been, that’s fair.

I just think not losing a goal that game will be vital & we could bring Roofe on after 60.

Observation.
At Rangers we need to win every game, that is the expectation and requirement.
How then does this being “ the business end of the season” make a difference, you can only win the game once?

Morelos went close with the header.
Morelos hit a couple of relatively tame shots.
Morelos was fouled for the penalty.
Morelos was marked by two defenders when Goldson was in space and scored the winner.
Morelos is clearly carrying a thigh injury

His European form shows how he impacts the game when movement and space is available, when the bus is left in the car park.
Domestically, when he’s tying up the central defenders ,he may need a bit of support.

Wasn't his best game yesterday or on Thursday but it's a bit of a myth he's been poor.

Scored at home against Red Star, terrific assist for Kamara for the only goal in Perth, 2 goals disallowed v Motherwell (at least one which was onside), battered Dortmund home and away, was excellent v Hearts/Hibs which was a much needed response after the Celtic debacle.

Granted someone could make a list of games where he hasn't been on top form (i.e. Thursday and Aberdeen at Ibrox), but the idea he needs dropped or is badly out of form is wide of the mark.

We have this conversation regularly when Morelos goes a couple of games without scoring and any time he doesn't play we almost always miss him - his 'unseen' work occupying defenders creates space for others and leads to opportunities that we don't always get with Roofe or someone else playing instead (and I say this as someone wanting Roofe featuring more, preferably alongside Alfie).

Back