Morelos suspension.

He won't be rusty. He played last week v Hibs having hardly played in the two months previously.

We can't afford him getting injured by playing him v Stranraer.

Can’t agree with that argument mate. Don’t play him against Stranraer in case he gets injured? Does that mean we don’t play him against St Mirren either in case he gets injured and misses the (more difficult) game at Tynecastle?

Almost all of Morelos red cards are for double yellows, cards that are given for incidents that other players get away with every week. Rangers should be going after the SFA with lawyers for this cheating and victimisation.

For clarity this has not been confirmed anywhere.

He will definitely miss Stranraer and St Mirren.

I expect the Hearts game as well and that should be it.

Im sure i read earlier that he isnt banned for Stranraer. Cup suspensions dont carry over. Its only St mirren and hearts he'll miss

Banned against 2 of the worst teams in the league.

Clean slate for the rest of the season.

If he misses the Stranraer game, hopefully we don't use Defoe in that game either. Need to keep him fresh for the league games.

Defoe has kept himself in tip-top condition his entire career, maybe best to play him v.Stranraer to get match sharpness.

As things stand?
Are you expecting further bans?
He's banned for 3 games in total.

I don’t ‘expect’ any further action. What I ‘expect’ though counts for nothing. Are you, hand on heart, 100% confident that will be it? Never mind what’s right or wrong because we all know that counts for nothing in Scottish football.

You’ve a damn sight more faith in the Scittish football authorities than I have then. As I said, I don’t expect any action but I’m a long way short of being 100% confident in that stance. I’m nearer 50/50 if I’m honest.

Whats your confidence based on?

Unlike our bad smelling neighbours, who only have a racist junkie on the bench, we have adequate ammunition waiting in the wings with Defoe and Stewart ready to go and we could even let Kent run riot in the CF position.

Should win these games easily enough without him.. but we've already drew with hearts away... need our best players is all I'm saying !

Love the guy but he’d done well to get infront of Julien and was one on one with Forster, why not just take the shot?!

Love the guy but he’d done well to get infront of Julien and was one on one with Forster, why not just take the shot?!
Think that's something only Morelos can explain, personally i'm still bemused why he did it, obviously thought he would chance his arm for the penalty,step up and break his scoring duck against them and it backfired on him and now lost him for three matches.

Back